Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 03:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Retake GMAT?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Retake GMAT? [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2014, 00:40
I just finished retaking the GMAT. Overall my score improved from 500 to 570. Standardized tests have always been my downfall, so I don't think retaking the GMAT will help too much. I'm trying to get into the USC MBA.PM program for the class of 2017. The average GMAT score is 600...

I have about 5 years full time work experience, though did have previous part time jobs.
I graduated with a Business Economics B.A. and minor in management from UCI. my GPA was 3.3 USC average last year was 3.1.

I'm thinking if it is worthwhile to retake the GMAT or focus on my application essay and resume. The deadline is 6/1/14
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 130 [0], given: 3

Re: Retake GMAT? [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2014, 17:12
Expert's post
Part time programs are a little more forgiving on GMAT since they are not required to count their average GMAT scores in the full time rankings assessments. B-schools know PT applicants often do not have the same kind of time to prepare for the test and are much more interested in what kind of impact you are having in your career and what you will be bringing into the classroom. Also, remember that a school's average GMAT score is just that--an average. There are plenty of folks who are admitted below that score. Your score is well within the 80% range, so your admission will not come down to not getting a 600--let me assure you. The key will be in telling and selling your story in a way that convinces the Marshall folks you know where you are going and where you came from--then tying the two together.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews