Hello there !!
My Profile in brief detail
GMAT: 700 (Q 49 V36)
GPA: 75% from a top 50 engineering school
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Work Experience: 7 years at Matriculation with a top Oil exploration and refining company (I worked only in downstream - refining)
4 Years: Mechanical Engineer - Maintenance. Lead a team of 6 technicians. Worked towards ensuring the reliability and availability of mech. equipment. Developed maintenance plans - Preventive and Predictive. Active involvement in Tendering and Contract Management.
2 Years: Senior Engineer - Maintenance and Projects. Leveraged the maintenance expertise to streamline and manage Revamp Project activities. Lead a team of over 40 technicians to complete shutdown activities well ahead of schedule. Job included planning, inter - department coordination and execution.
1 Year: Senior Engineer - Vigilance. Leveraged the technical and commercial expertise to bring systemic improvements across the organization. Focussed on areas that required system development or improvement and recommended changes to improve efficiency, transparency and effectiveness.
• Elected Representative for Management Staff Association (Officer's association to liaison with the Management)
• Work profile full of leadership examples
• Active Member of Toastmaster's Club
• Community Service through the CSR activities of my company - Organized blood donation camps, AIDS awareness campaigns etc.
• An active event organizer throughout my life - right from school till today. Was a member of Organizing Committee for Annual Tech. & Cultural fest at college. Active participation in organizing company events including handling venue, logistics, decor, liaison with speakers etc.
Energy Consulting with a focus on sustainability.
GE (internal consulting)
Backup Plan: Operations management in Energy industry. Target Firm: Shell, Exxon Mobil, Chevron, BP.
Wish to apply to:
2. Duke Fuqua
7) Mc Combs
9) Ivey, Canada
I am skeptical in the following areas:
1. Should I retake GMAT? If I do, I expect to get 720-730. Should I devote the next month on GMAT or start preparing my apps ??
2. Do I have the USP to get into the programs mentioned above, considering I don't take another shot at GMAT ?? Request you to highlight any apparent weaknesses in my profile.
3. What schools should I focus on. A list of schools reputed for placements in the energy sector (Consulting and Operations).
Look forward to your response.