Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 00:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Retaking Calculus to Improve Quant?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Retaking Calculus to Improve Quant? [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2012, 09:23
Hi!

I have a C in Calculus from freshmen year in college and a weak GMAT quant score (66th%). I'm retaking the GMAT to improve my quant score and thinking of retaking college calculus.

My question is whether adcoms would rather you retake calculus online or in a classroom. I'm also wondering if adcoms look at the name of the school at which you retake calculus (e.g. UCLA vs. U. Phoenix online).

Any advice you have on this would be greatly appreciated.

All the best, and thanks so much (in advance)!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.37
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Retaking Calculus to Improve Quant? [#permalink] New post 25 Jun 2012, 05:35
This post received
KUDOS
I may not be the consultant you are looking for to get an answer but I have brought this question up to many consultants before...
It does make a difference. And it's not necessarily the name of the UC per se (for example, Cal vs. UCSD) but the fact that the course is taken at a school with at least a certain reputation - Extension courses are fine. More importantly, as it was pointed out, you should take the class in-person vs. online.
Re: Retaking Calculus to Improve Quant?   [#permalink] 25 Jun 2012, 05:35