Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 20:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Retaking...exhausted most of my prep material!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.09
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Retaking...exhausted most of my prep material!! [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2014, 01:44
Hi!

I sat for GMAT on 17th and got a score of 690(Q49 V34). Although I was initially satisfied with this score, inputs from some mba consultants forced me to change my mind. Since I am an Indian male (non IT) and my extracurricular activity is not up to the mark I have been suggested to go for a retake to take my score to around 720, which is what I was scoring in all of my gmat prep mocks.

I know the areas I have to work on: CR and SC. But, the problems is I have gone through most of my prep material. Here's a list of the prep material I have completely or partially exhausted.

1) MGMAT tests 4/6 done
2) GMAT prep q pack 1 (440 of 490 done. But I did not revise the q's before the exam)
3) Gmat prep tests and test pack 1. (Only gone through them once)
4) OG 13 ( done once and then again through egmat course...but I still feel I should go through it one more time)
5) Official verbal and quant guides (not completed)

My question is if I go through this stuff again will it be beneficial (especially mock cats)?? If not what should I do? Please suggest some other good quality mocks and SC/CR practice question sources.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 86

Kudos [?]: 481 [0], given: 432

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Retaking...exhausted most of my prep material!! [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2014, 02:22
Expert's post
You do not appear to be in dire need of additional math material, but look into Sakmann's Extremem Challenge set and GMATClub tests to keep you sharp and perhaps even increase your score. A 34V indicates that you probably need to review the guidebooks for that section, so re-read those! Extra material for RC and CR include retired LSAT tests. And do not forget about the GMATClub verbal forum! We have lots of material there.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.09
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 9

Re: Retaking...exhausted most of my prep material!! [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2014, 20:04
BM wrote:
You do not appear to be in dire need of additional math material, but look into Sakmann's Extremem Challenge set and GMATClub tests to keep you sharp and perhaps even increase your score. A 34V indicates that you probably need to review the guidebooks for that section, so re-read those! Extra material for RC and CR include retired LSAT tests. And do not forget about the GMATClub verbal forum! We have lots of material there.

Thanks BM!!
I have been advised by some people to practice SC and CR from OG10 and og11 (of course apart from og13). What's your opinion on this??
Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 86

Kudos [?]: 481 [0], given: 432

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Retaking...exhausted most of my prep material!! [#permalink] New post 19 Jun 2014, 23:03
Expert's post
A good bit of those questions are probably already on the verbal forums. There is nothing particularly special about the OG 10 besides its sheer size. But the best reply I can offer you is to learn from as many SC questions as possible. Fully read all the explanations - even for the questions that you answer correctly. And re-read the Manhattan SC guidebook as much as possible!
Re: Retaking...exhausted most of my prep material!!   [#permalink] 19 Jun 2014, 23:03