Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 12:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Retaking GMAT---Need Suggestions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Retaking GMAT---Need Suggestions [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2010, 01:01
Hi,

Last month I scored 440 (Q38 V10) AWA 4.5 on my second GMAT. A little frustrated as I put some efforts to study GMAT. I studied for 3 months weekend (Saturday & Sunday 4-5hrs) as my weekdays schedule is quite hectic. I refer OG12 & 800score.

Now, I plan to go for more serious study plan & I decide to go for full time study in next 40 days (10+ hrs a day) & retake the exam in mid June 2010, as I am planning to apply for Jan 2011 intake. (Aug1 2010 last date of application submission)

It will be really helpful if someone can share or suggest a good 40 days preparation plan, as I am targeting score between 630-700. I can groom myself in Quantities but Verbal is a big problem. Any suggestion, how to improve Verbal. (Considering 40 days plan)

I am an independent Consultant & taking 40 days off from my work, it’s a big risk & loss of money but I feel it’s worth if I can get a good score.

Thanks in advance.
Rahul
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 32 [1] , given: 11

Re: Retaking GMAT---Need Suggestions [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2010, 01:37
This post received
KUDOS
Rahul

Refer to this post that has various perspective on retaking the GMAT.

should-i-retake-gmat-thread-retaking-gmat-strategies-83339.html

40 days might be a squeeze in unless you have a well laid out plan to take the test. It is of utmost importance that you 'understand' what the test demands and then work accordingly. Do not consider GMAT as just another standardized test the game is different here, ensure you know how it is played complement your efforts with right strategies and I am sure your scores will boost up. Also spend a good amount of time on the forum the information here is very very beneficial.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Programming (Computer Software)
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 194 [0], given: 52

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Retaking GMAT---Need Suggestions [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2010, 20:26
it is sad to say but i think you need a full verbal overhaul to get close to your goal. You probably need to get in the basics on all parts of verbal - start with the OG and get the MGMAT SC,RC and Powerscore CR. You *should* be able to get them done if you do 10 hours a day. Your math need some improvement as well. try taking at least one CAT a week depending on how much material you have learned. if you can push the test to july you get more of a breather room but it is up to you

If you like my answers please +1 kudos!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Retaking GMAT---Need Suggestions [#permalink] New post 01 May 2010, 19:11
Thanks for the suggestion sh00nya & shaselai....I am more concentrating on verbal section.

Need suggestion on good online verbal prepration courses....

Thanks,
Rahul
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Retaking GMAT---Need Suggestions [#permalink] New post 03 May 2010, 16:11
Also please reconsider studying for 10 hours per day......it might burn you out. If anything have two 3 hours study section per day.....make sure you digest the information in between sections.
Re: Retaking GMAT---Need Suggestions   [#permalink] 03 May 2010, 16:11