Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 10:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Retaking GMAT,serious problems with verbal.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Retaking GMAT,serious problems with verbal. [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 04:50
I had taken GMAT in mid Nov2009 but ended up with a score of Q:40 and V:18...Really need to work on verbal big time.I plan to take GMAT by 1st week of Feb 2010.I even want to work hard on quant and achieve 670 +. Any suggestions from your end and which course to refer is welcomed.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 9

GMAT Tests User
Re: Retaking GMAT,serious problems with verbal. [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 07:04
Alok, I find myself in the same boat, end of november, took the test with verbal score in 20s :(

Almost completely lost hope and took ~2weeks to get over it and back on track!!
I'm going to retake it either this month or the next and focusing hard on verbal this time (specially on RC). I think some deep dive sessions into your weak areas and then regular practice on that should help.
Hang in there and lets make it better this time around!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: UT at Austin, Indiana State University, UC at Berkeley
WE 1: 5.5
WE 2: 5.5
WE 3: 6.0
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: Retaking GMAT,serious problems with verbal. [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 19:00
I am in the same boat.
When taking GMAT first time, took verbal section very easy, and ended up getting disappointing 33.
Planning to take it at the end of January. Hopefull, I do much better this time.

Never give up,,,

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2219

Kudos [?]: 8195 [0], given: 3641

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Retaking GMAT,serious problems with verbal. [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2009, 22:35
Expert's post
MGMAT Guides are always good for verbal
MGMAT SC
MGMAT CR
MGMAT RC

You can obviously take their class or you can try Knewton - I think both have their own advantages and weaknesses. Knewton, for one has 50-point guarantee that gives some protection and it is also an online class.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 9

GMAT Tests User
Re: Retaking GMAT,serious problems with verbal. [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2009, 00:33
bb, thanks for the post and pointers.
I actually used the MGMAT guides for preparation. Now supplementing that with powerscore bible. The second round is end of this month. As a good score was the target for this year, so taking it again so soon, whichever way it goes. getting ready for the battle again :)
Re: Retaking GMAT,serious problems with verbal.   [#permalink] 12 Dec 2009, 00:33