Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:51 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well.... I would not be so radical as pelihu ;)... I would keep the pages concerning the Math formulas (with 3 comprehensible levels) and burn the rest :p
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
forgive my ignorance but may i ask why the kaplan book is not good? I took a course with Kaplan, and the only book we used was the Kaplan 2006-07. I had done 5 CATS and scored an average of 550 on them. I found the actual test to be harder (probably because i freaked out and lost control of the situation when it came to timing myself) :( I need a score of atleast 450 or above, and I am taking the test on the 18th of October 2006. Would you guys still suggest to buy the OG book? Thanks for the reply guys!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
clock wrote:
forgive my ignorance but may i ask why the kaplan book is not good? I took a course with Kaplan, and the only book we used was the Kaplan 2006-07. I had done 5 CATS and scored an average of 550 on them. I found the actual test to be harder (probably because i freaked out and lost control of the situation when it came to timing myself) :( I need a score of atleast 450 or above, and I am taking the test on the 18th of October 2006. Would you guys still suggest to buy the OG book? Thanks for the reply guys!

Clock,

I might be a little late. It sounds like you are facing a couple of issues we have all faced.

1.- Timing - working the OG problems and timing yourself will help
2.- Freaking out - this is a combination of timing and being familiar with the material - working the OG problems will help

The Kaplan book is good at giving you a framework to tackling the problems. However, the best practices come from the OG.

I hope this helps
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
The Kaplan tests aren't adaptive like the real thing, so that's a problem. Plus their verbal questions aren't very realistic.

Definitely do the OG. Must must must. Aside from that, your best bets for tests are GMATPrep and Princeton Review. Both of those are adaptive.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
There has been reported error in PR and the test are not adaptive.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
The problem with the Kaplan book is not that it is harder. The problem is that the questions bear no resemblance to the real thing. The Kaplan questions are worthless in terms of preparing you for the GMAT. The might be good for something, but I don't know what.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm another Kaplan verbal hater. Quant is good.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes, the PR tests are adaptive. What error are you talking about? I haven't had any problems.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Please destroy that Kaplan book. Dude I spent a lot of money on that course too, and what did I get :shock: score. First of all Kaplan people don't even tell anyone to get the official guide, which is your BIBLE. And yeah Kaplan scores don't mean anything, i mean sorry for being so harsh, but atleast in my opinion, they don't because the scores are not a clear indicator....

Get that OG, and start practicing with their questions and try to get a feel. But then again, everyone has different targets.

Good luck
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]