Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 05:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Retaking of GMATS

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Retaking of GMATS [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2004, 06:39
Hi Everyone,
I need some advice. I took my gmats last friday and did worse than expected. I had orginally planned to start school in January and it now looks like it will be postponed to September.
I am wondering when I should retake my gmats?
the four schools I am looking at are telling me different dates:
June 15 the latest for one
July1st for the second
June 1st for the last.
Some will allow me to take summer courses if they know that I will be admitted in the fall.
I was planning to take it sometime in March is that enough time?
This last time I tried to rush and almost got sick mentally and physically.
And if I were take it in March I would have to restart the Kaplan course soon like tonight? Should I give myself a mental break?
Can someone please respond?
Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2004, 20:56
Greetings tel93,

first order of business - heads up; don't beat yourself up if you scored below your expactations. take a different approach - learn from your mistakes, evauate your areas of weakness and develop a study plan to enforce the fundamentals in those areas of improvement.
second - don't rush things , taking the GMAT more than once is not the end of the world, its not worth it to apply when you're not ready. it is better to delay your entrance with a semester of a year but have a better score and better application, than submitting one that is rushed.
last, but not least - dude, take a break. a few days, a week or whatever you need to cool down; do something fun, enjoy life. hope that helps. take care and good luck. :)

kayser
  [#permalink] 15 Dec 2004, 20:56