Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:01 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 148
Schools:Baruch / Zicklin
 V3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 552 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am in london and heard about baruch from a friend of mine in NYC. just wondering. how competitive it is to get into MSc in Acc. at baruch? do you guys know how much will it be for the entire year of study? sure it will be cheaper than london uni's.

thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 V3
Send PM
[#permalink]
Baruch is something called a CUNY school. CUNY = City University of New York. Their fees for their Masters and MBA programs are a fraction of what they are at other private schools. Here is their tuition site:

https://zicklin.baruch.cuny.edu/admissio ... ition.html

So tuition is rougly between $3,000 and $5,000 per term.

Originally posted by TimeSquareDesi on 11 Dec 2007, 09:12.
Last edited by TimeSquareDesi on 11 Dec 2007, 09:13, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
TimeSquareDesi wrote:
Baruch is something called a CUNY school. CUNY = City University of New York. Their fees for their Masters and MBA programs are a fraction of what they are at other private schools. Here is their tuition site:

https://zicklin.baruch.cuny.edu/admissio ... ition.html

So tuition is rougly between 3k and 5k per semester.

thanks mate, it is really budget stuff.
will try. do you know their average GMAT?

thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 V3
Send PM
[#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have to say, I underestimated the competitiveness of this school considering it is a public city school. From what I understand, the program has really changed and the school has done a great job of positioning itself as a highly ranked school.

If you have low GPA, you may want to hit the high 600- low 700 to be considered. My undergrad was a 2.8. I have great recommendations and 8 years work experience. If I can get my target score I can write an optional essay to explain the low GPA.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 V3
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am in the same situation - low cummulative GPA. My solution? I am taking additional courses (10, in fact) at a local community college to boost my GPA. I'm taking 3 classes this semester. I am spending these entire two semesters on boosting my cummulative. I am in the high 2.x range as well but my goal is to get north of a 3.5.

As for Baruch, they actually have a very strong history of business grads. I mean, it's not an ivy or anywhere near that, but it is a very good "affordable" business (accounting in particular) school right in the heart of Manhattan.

A little about their progress:

https://zicklin.baruch.cuny.edu/about/rankings.html

I will post a few more links once I find where the hell I saved them .....
- tsd
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
i can feel how bad you feel hahaha, we are in the same boat then. good luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
humbled4real wrote:
Yeah, Baruch's MBA program is very competitive. I really want to stay local and keep my job. I went to an info session and the Director of Admission is no joke. She pretty much said. . .do not waste the Adcom's time. I've thought about NYU, but I'm paying for this on my own.

I'm looking to change career focus to IT. Georgia's states MIS program is highly regarded, so I would relocate. Both schools have an average GMAT of 590. I'm trying to hit over 600 so I can expand my choices.

We'll see.

Baruch is indeed a very solid school for someone, who does not intend to pursue admission to a top 15 school. I wouldn't pay too much attention to their rankings. But I would definitely take them as a very affordable, quality alternative to some pricey private b-schools in NYC such as Fordham and Hofstra. Baruch is known as the CUNY business school. So, I am not sure howit is rated in IT space. If you score 620 on GMAT - that will get you in with your experience and even a somewhat low GPA.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
MBA0007 wrote:
Baruch is indeed a very solid school for someone, who does not intend to pursue admission to a top 15 school. I wouldn't pay too much attention to their rankings. But I would definitely take them as a very affordable, quality alternative to some pricey private b-schools in NYC such as Fordham and Hofstra. Baruch is known as the CUNY business school. So, I am not sure howit is rated in IT space. If you score 620 on GMAT - that will get you in with your experience and even a somewhat low GPA.

Thanks MBA0007 for the insight. :-D I figured the low to mid 600 would get me into Baruch. I am currently taking courses at NYU SCPS to obtain a certification in PM. Although Baruch is not known for MIS and/or IT, I feel the MBA is respected in the NYC area and coupled with the PMP certification I could start my career working as a business analyst or project manager on some cool system development projects. At least that is my goal. Georgia State, on the other hand, is known for its MIS/IT program, I just know that the opportunities will not be as vast in GA. Especially if I want to work and go to school.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts