Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 03:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Retaking the GMAT and applications...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Retaking the GMAT and applications... [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2006, 22:59
If I retake the GMAT after sending in my applications, can I send in the higher score if a lower score was initially sent? Will they review the application using the higher score? Or should I wait to send in the applications until after I retake the exam? Will some schools want to wait for the official score or will they generally let you fax over the unofficial score?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Retaking the GMAT and applications... [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2006, 23:29
craig2464 wrote:
If I retake the GMAT after sending in my applications, can I send in the higher score if a lower score was initially sent?

Yes

craig2464 wrote:
Will they review the application using the higher score?

They always use the higher score.

craig2464 wrote:
should I wait to send in the applications until after I retake the exam?

You don't need to do that. Some applications ask you if you are going to retake it. If that option is not there, just mention it seperately that you are retaking the gmat.

craig2464 wrote:
Will some schools want to wait for the official score or will they generally let you fax over the unofficial score?

In most cases the official score is required only after the admission is secured.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2006, 23:53
Thanks!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 252

Kudos [?]: 1530 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Retaking the GMAT and applications... [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2006, 06:07
craig2464 wrote:
If I retake the GMAT after sending in my applications, can I send in the higher score if a lower score was initially sent?

Maybe. Some schools allow this, but most will have some kind of cutoff timeframe. If your GMAT score arrives too late - they may already have looked at your application, and they wont go back and re-evaluate it.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2006, 21:42
I actually plan on retaking the GMAT within about a week after submitting all of my applications. Two of the schools have rounds and I will be retaking the test before the round due date.
Do you think the other schools that don't use rounds will look at my application with the first week of receiving it? If so, I could just wait to send my applications right before the test date.
  [#permalink] 01 Dec 2006, 21:42