Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 10:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Retaking the GMAT & Looking for Best Study Materials

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Retaking the GMAT & Looking for Best Study Materials [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2008, 20:21
I took the GMAT and didn't meet expectations on on the quant section. I'd really appreciate some suggestions for which study materials people found to be the best. I've recently worked the OG and formerly Kaplan. Looking for something a bit more challenging than the OG, but still structured as close as possible to the actual GMAT. Please provide suggestions. And, specifically, I've heard mixed reviews about purchasing GMAT club tests and Jeff Sackman's GMAT Hacks. Please respond if you have any info.

Thanks so much!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Retaking the GMAT & Looking for Best Study Materials [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2008, 12:14
fcordek,
If you have finised OG-10 and OG-11 and looking for more challenging questions then I will suggest you spare some 20 bucks and buy Manhattan SC guide (it is worth even if you have that book already). With that book you will get 6 CAT online which are very good tests and close indicator of your performances next to GMATprep. And for math go for GMAT club challenges. They are worth taking especially if you want to increase your quant score from 44-46 range to 48-49 level.
good luck
suba

Nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 22

Re: Retaking the GMAT & Looking for Best Study Materials [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2008, 12:31
For quant I would suggest the GMAT club challenge tests. I heard good things about them. If you have 200+ post, 100 post / 25 kudos, or 50 kudos you can receive them for free. Also, there is some good information on the gmat club wiki about the quant section.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: Retaking the GMAT & Looking for Best Study Materials [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2008, 12:50
IMHO Gmat club tests are very good for practice.
VP
VP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 111 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Retaking the GMAT & Looking for Best Study Materials [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2008, 03:59
I was able to raise my score in quant from 42 to 48 only and only because of gmatclub challanges. U must have them to raise ur quant score
Re: Retaking the GMAT & Looking for Best Study Materials   [#permalink] 05 Dec 2008, 03:59