Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 17:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Retaking the test in 5 weeks

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2007, 08:08
financeguy wrote:
singh_amit19 wrote:
Thanks kryzak

I tried doing so but there was a shipping time involve (to my place/country) and at this crucial time i cant afford to miss a single minute.

So, i bought the online tests, i suppose the TIME i saved on shipping worth more than $12 :-D

Cheers[/b]

Amit,

If you are in India, Manhattan books are widely available there. Actually, I asked a friend in India to get mine from India and send them to me in Australia. They have re-prints which cost $2-3 a book but you don't get the free tests then so I bought one origional to get access to tests.

Remember, books are more important than just test access.

Thanks

Dude! That's a news to me. :?:

Currently, i am in India and tried getting MGMAT books from best book stores across country but couldnt find any! :roll:
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2007, 09:14
that sounds like too many CATs in 34 days. You need time to digest the CATs too, so unless you're not working at all, each CAT takes 2.5 hours to take (without the AWA) and about another hour or two to understand. You listed *26* CATS in what is now 30 or so days left. That hardly gives you time to read up on material and work on problems on the side.

I would highly recommend you NOT take the Princeton Review CATs, as they will HURT you more then help. Their prep materials may be good, but their CATs aren't in my humble opinion. Same goes for Kaplan CATs, but since I haven't taken one of those thanks to the warnings from GMATClub, I cannot be as sure as I am of PR CATs. I know nothing about Crack the GMAT CATs.

I would mix up the CATs and not do all of the same ones. Mix up MGMAT and Crack the GMAT CATs, take one every two days, and throw in PowerPrep 1&2 and GMATPrep 1&2 so that you finish GMATPrep2 a few days before the real test.

I can see you burning yourself out at the end of the 26 CATs, if you actually finish all of them.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2007, 15:14
singh_amit19 wrote:
financeguy wrote:
singh_amit19 wrote:
Thanks kryzak

I tried doing so but there was a shipping time involve (to my place/country) and at this crucial time i cant afford to miss a single minute.

So, i bought the online tests, i suppose the TIME i saved on shipping worth more than $12 :-D

Cheers[/b]

Amit,

If you are in India, Manhattan books are widely available there. Actually, I asked a friend in India to get mine from India and send them to me in Australia. They have re-prints which cost $2-3 a book but you don't get the free tests then so I bought one origional to get access to tests.

Thanks

Currently, i am in India and tried getting MGMAT books from best book stores across country but couldnt find any! :roll:

Try Indian online stores - They also sell MGMAT books and delivery within 2-3 days.

Thanks
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2007, 01:13
With just less then 34 days.Doing tons of CATs will not necessarily up your score.I think the best course of action is to get the best and most comprehensive material available and go through them several times.e.g.Official guide,cracking the gmat,manhattan series.CATs help you build your stamina,confidence, timing and assessing your current ability.They are not so effective in improving your test abilities.

Just my thoughts.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Last 10days [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2007, 09:50
Hi ppl,

Thanks for being so supportive till now!

Now i have just 10days in hand...planning to take POWERPREP CATs & GMATprep 2 CATs

Any thoughts????

Cheers!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2007, 10:12
make sure you take it with the AWA to test your stamina!
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2007, 01:58
singh_amit19 wrote:
financeguy wrote:
singh_amit19 wrote:
Thanks kryzak

Cheers[/b]

Amit,

Thanks

I also found them at Landmark, and Gangaram's in Bangalore. Both stores carried the entire series, I think each book was around 2000/-.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2007, 11:41
Latest test scores:

Princeton CAT 1: 610(40Q/34V)
Princeton CAT 2: 600(46Q/27V) Due to some software problem test didnt register my one answer on Verbal
Kaplan CAT 1: 590(50Q/28V)

Let's see how things shape up in next 7days!
My real GMAT is on 2nd of Sept'07.

Cheers
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Need quick inputs!!! [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2007, 11:24
Need quick inputs!!! :?: :?: :?:

1. How you guys rate KAPLAN Verbal part??? How's RC, SC & CR vs. any other tests (specially vs. MGMAT) and GMATPrep & Powerprep?

2. What's the level of overlap between (Verbal-RC, SC, CR & Quant) OG 10th edition and OG 11th edition?

Please help as i just got 5days 8hours 5minutes and 35seconds for my real test :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:[/b]
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Need quick inputs!!! [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2007, 16:45
singh_amit19 wrote:
Need quick inputs!!! :?: :?: :?:

1. How you guys rate KAPLAN Verbal part??? How's RC, SC & CR vs. any other tests (specially vs. MGMAT) and GMATPrep & Powerprep?

2. What's the level of overlap between (Verbal-RC, SC, CR & Quant) OG 10th edition and OG 11th edition?

Please help as i just got 5days 8hours 5minutes and 35seconds for my real test :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:[/b]

Update on your real score??
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2007, 18:00
I am curious too.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2008, 11:44
Rx_MBA wrote:
I am curious too.

Hi Guys!

Sorry took sometime off from the board.........i cancelled the score, retaking the test in 5 weeks.

I suppose it was quant where i messed up, it was 9th problem on Quant, which made me decide that i should cancel the score.

Have planned to give around 4-5hrs to prep on weekdays & 10-12hrs on weekends. I hope i won't let down u folks this time! Keep you guys updated with the prep progress!!!

Regards

Last bumped by singh_amit19 on 26 Feb 2008, 11:44.

[#permalink] 26 Feb 2008, 11:44