Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 06:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Retaking the test on my birthday!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Retaking the test on my birthday! [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2008, 11:16
Took the GMAT back in June. I racked up a 680 - 42v (95%), 39q (57%), 6 writing. Not bad, but nothing to really write home about either, especially considering the schools I'm hoping for (UNC, Darden, Duke). And that quant score hurts. Then I took the GRE in August and racked up a 750 quant score, which might not be much for an Indian engineer, but for this white bread liberal arts major, was pretty encouraging.

So I think I can do better, and I registered for another GMAT - next week, on my 27th birthday.

Honestly, I'll be glad to have 'er done with. I take the test seriously, but B-school is not my end-all-and-be-all - I'm interested in studying social enterprises and non-profit management, so impressing the consulting and IB guys isn't relevant for me.

Question for y'all who are better at this than I am - data sufficiency kicks my ass. So do the questions that ask you to interpret a graph or chart, which should be perfectly simple, but I somehow keep getting tripped up on them. Beyond "be more careful, dumbass," does anyone have any advice?

Thanks a lot!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Retaking the test on my birthday! [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2008, 12:10
Go through OG-10 and OG-11 diligently. And if you have time then you can go for GMATclub challenges. The tests have really good questions on DS types.
Good luck

Nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all.

Re: Retaking the test on my birthday!   [#permalink] 09 Sep 2008, 12:10