Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 23:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Review of Jeff Sackmann's Math Sets

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 600 Q43 V30
GPA: 2.4
WE: Business Development (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge
Re: Review of Jeff Sackmann's Math Sets [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2012, 06:48
How do you feel that Sackmann's challenge set compares to GMAT Club Math tests. I have his entire challenge set, and I'm considering buying the Gmat Club tests. Any insights into how the two sets compare for someone in the 43/44 Q range.

"Popular opinion is the greatest lie in the world"-Thomas Carlyle

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 23

Re: Review of Jeff Sackmann's Math Sets [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2012, 07:41
Bigred2008 wrote:
How do you feel that Sackmann's challenge set compares to GMAT Club Math tests. I have his entire challenge set, and I'm considering buying the Gmat Club tests. Any insights into how the two sets compare for someone in the 43/44 Q range.

Imo you should really focus on the basics in your stage of preperation. At those quant score levels you usually still have some deficits in the basics and by strengthening those you can boost your score up to 47-48. Sackman's sets helped me do that, I think they're excellent for that.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 600 Q43 V30
GPA: 2.4
WE: Business Development (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge
Re: Review of Jeff Sackmann's Math Sets [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 07:56
Quote:
Imo you should really focus on the basics in your stage of preperation. At those quant score levels you usually still have some deficits in the basics and by strengthening those you can boost your score up to 47-48. Sackman's sets helped me do that, I think they're excellent for that.

So do you think Sachmann Challenge Sets--> Gmat Club Math Tests in that order should suffice?

"Popular opinion is the greatest lie in the world"-Thomas Carlyle

SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 80

Kudos [?]: 454 [0], given: 423

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Review of Jeff Sackmann's Math Sets [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 09:32
Expert's post
Bigred2008 wrote:
So do you think Sachmann Challenge Sets--> Gmat Club Math Tests in that order should suffice?

GMATClub tests are more difficult than Sackmann's material. So save the GMATClub tests for last.
Director
Director
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V24
Followers: 56

Kudos [?]: 249 [0], given: 264

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Review of Jeff Sackmann's Math Sets [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 10:01
bmillan01 wrote:
Bigred2008 wrote:

GMATClub tests are more difficult than Sackmann's material. So save the GMATClub tests for last.

I second bmillan01.
The club tests and Bunnel's signatures are the hardest good quality test material so it's better to do them when one is at his or her peak.
Also, If you are scoring around 43, then it's time to identify the concepts you have problem in. You must revisit theory books( such as mgmat) to understand those concepts better and thereafter do a lot of problems of all level( you may use the gmatclub latest level wise distribution), Rinse and repeat for other topics.
After doing so, i am sure your score will minimum jump to 47/48 and that would be the right time to dig into Jeff's challenge sets and followed by gmatclub tests. :) I've mentioned that in my signatures below.
Regards

Fire the final bullet only when you are constantly hitting the Bull's eye, till then KEEP PRACTICING.

A WAY TO INCREASE FROM QUANT 35-40 TO 47 : a-way-to-increase-from-q35-40-to-q-138750.html

Q 47/48 To Q 50 + the-final-climb-quest-for-q-50-from-q47-129441.html#p1064367

Three good RC strategies three-different-strategies-for-attacking-rc-127287.html

Re: Review of Jeff Sackmann's Math Sets   [#permalink] 19 Apr 2012, 10:01