Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 17:37

Going on right now!

Live Q&A Session with HKU Admissions Team | Join the chat room to participate.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Review of Powerscore's LSAT RC Bible Pros: 1. Difficulty

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Review of Powerscore's LSAT RC Bible [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2010, 19:54
Thanx a ton
:)

bmillan 01

[highlight]shiny[/highlight]

CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 182

Kudos [?]: 987 [0], given: 235

Reviews Badge
Re: Review of Powerscore's RC Bible [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2010, 19:59
zf123 wrote:
I'm upset because I typed a long post and then it got erased when I tried to post a link since I'm not allowed to post links yet.

Here's the quick summary of what I had written:

-I got the RC bible when studying for the LSAT. It's not that good.
-MGMAT is better because it has the same strategies as PowerScore, but at least it's focused on the GMAT.
-In general, don't spend too much time reading books about how to read better. Your time is better spent practicing RC problems over and over.
-RC marathons of 20 RC passages in a row are extremely helpful. (Obviously you want to stop and review your answers and mistakes after each passage.) I was trying to post a link to a discussion of this on a Law School forum.

20 RC passages or 20 RC questions?
20 RC passages will have at least 70 questions :shock:

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Re: Review of Powerscore's LSAT RC Bible [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2010, 15:35
I bought this book because of your review, bmillan01. It's a solid book, but like you said maybe not necessary for people already good in RC. If you need it, buy it. If you don't, focus on something else.

I WILLconquer the GMAT!!!

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Review of Powerscore's LSAT RC Bible [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2010, 17:51
Thanks for the info
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Chartered Engineer
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 19

Re: Review of Powerscore's LSAT RC Bible [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2010, 04:45
Hello Friends,

Planning to buy LSAT RC. Can anyone suggest where I can get it for the best price.

Checekd out their website and amazon.com site. I live in Dubai, so not sure how long it will take for the book to arrive. Do they send an pdf copy instead?

Regards,
Praveen
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton, Chicago, London Business School
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Re: Review of Powerscore's LSAT RC Bible [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2011, 20:57
I just had a quick question...In the LSAT RC book, Chapter 7 includes Comparative Reading passages.Since we dont have that in the GMAT, are there any special takeaways from that section that make going through this chapter worthwhile?

Thanks very much.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Chartered Engineer
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 19

Re: Review of Powerscore's LSAT RC Bible [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2011, 21:15
roshpat wrote:
I just had a quick question...In the LSAT RC book, Chapter 7 includes Comparative Reading passages.Since we dont have that in the GMAT, are there any special takeaways from that section that make going through this chapter worthwhile?

Thanks very much.

Personally.... I skipped the chapter...didnt feel the need to go through that chapter and chapters on marking & law passages.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton, Chicago, London Business School
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Re: Review of Powerscore's LSAT RC Bible [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2011, 18:55
mattapraveen wrote:
roshpat wrote:

Thanks very much.

Personally.... I skipped the chapter...didnt feel the need to go through that chapter and chapters on marking & law passages.

Thanks very much, mattapraveen. Just trying to figure out a quicker way to go through this book without sacrificing quality.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Re: Review of Powerscore's LSAT RC Bible Pros: 1. Difficulty [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2012, 02:19
Thanks............nice post............. :-D
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Review of Powerscore's LSAT RC Bible Pros: 1. Difficulty [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 10:05
Hello All,
my self rakesh
Let me know if you have "LSAT-Reading-Comprehension-Bible " for sale hard copy original or photo copy.

Thanks in advance
rakesh
SVP
SVP
Followers: 276

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: Review of Powerscore's LSAT RC Bible Pros: 1. Difficulty [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2014, 17:32
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Re: Review of Powerscore's LSAT RC Bible Pros: 1. Difficulty   [#permalink] 25 Jul 2014, 17:32