Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 19:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

reviewing quant while studying verbal?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

reviewing quant while studying verbal? [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 11:40
Would appreciate experience or advice from experts and anyone who had the same predicament - reviewing what you studied before.

I started with MGMAT quant guides, moved on to MGMAT SC, now just started POWERSCORE CR. about 75% of the way through main prep, but is it smart to review quant books while the main focus is CR? or should i finish all the books/foundation first and then review/brush up on the entire thing? to add some context, I have about 2 hours in the mornings and one hour after work to dedicate. also have 3 day weekend that can be completely dedicated to extra work/mocks etc. so far i've done 3 mocks, i have been posting quant ~47 and verbal ~42

THANKS!

P.S. i should add that i'm planning on doing 1 chapter of powerscore a day on average, should get done in a couple of weeks from now with all of verbal.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Current Student
Status: Making every effort to create original content for you!!
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
Followers: 257

Kudos [?]: 995 [0], given: 82

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: reviewing quant while studying verbal? [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 12:33
Expert's post
mavelous wrote:
Would appreciate experience or advice from experts and anyone who had the same predicament - reviewing what you studied before.

I started with MGMAT quant guides, moved on to MGMAT SC, now just started POWERSCORE CR. about 75% of the way through main prep, but is it smart to review quant books while the main focus is CR? or should i finish all the books/foundation first and then review/brush up on the entire thing? to add some context, I have about 2 hours in the mornings and one hour after work to dedicate. also have 3 day weekend that can be completely dedicated to extra work/mocks etc. so far i've done 3 mocks, i have been posting quant ~47 and verbal ~42

THANKS!

P.S. i should add that i'm planning on doing 1 chapter of powerscore a day on average, should get done in a couple of weeks from now with all of verbal.

Hi mavelous,

Practice test scores of Q47 and V42 are impressive, which tests you took. This means you have sound concepts and need to focus more on practicing questions and finding gaps in your concepts if any through practice. Ideally, you should take out some time reviewing the stuff that you have recently done; GMAT is about application of the skills/ knowledge, so a regular practice is important. One chapter per day of PowerScore is fine, but do incorporate practicing GMAT type questions along with it. All the best !!

Hope this helps,

Vercules

Press Kudos if you want to say thanks

Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia | Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia | GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios -- VERBAL | GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios -- IR

Please Read and Follow the 9 Rules of Posting in Verbal Forum

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: reviewing quant while studying verbal? [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 12:45
I did GMATPREP 1 and 2, then Veritas CAT past weekend. You're right, a lot of the time i believe that i can solve the quant problems especially, but just not the quickest/accurate balance. getting pacing a bit wrong and then end up making myself nervous halfway through - because i'm behind by that time and then trying to catch up, but in the end up shooting myself in the foot for the rest of section. i was just wondering whether that was due to forgetting concepts, or just being a bit rusty in doing it quickest way.

i'll follow your advice and try to dig up any leftovers+incorrects in 3 OG books i have. 3 days to finish 1 quant, reasonable no? that way could spread the entire quant to 3-ish weeks.
Re: reviewing quant while studying verbal?   [#permalink] 08 Apr 2013, 12:45