Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 09:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Reviewing Your Quant Work

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 33

Reviewing Your Quant Work [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 02:14
Dear experts,

I could not find a thread focusing specifically on this issue, but please point me in right direction in case I have been sloppy.

I have been doing Quant for a while and certainly saw some improvement in my score, but not to the point where I can solve more difficult problem quicker and more accurate. I still do them but it takes me a while to get there. And since there are many threads on strategies to improve your time, etc (and they are helpful to a large extent but somewhat digress from what I would like to get a view on). I wanted to address a specific issue of properly reviewing your quant work after a set of problems gets completed. What do you do, how long do you do, and how do you review your work in a way that you felt bumped your level from say 42Q to 47-50? Any proper structure? Obviously, those who were originally gifted in the section may not even know the answer to this question but I hope there are a few who did struggle with math initially and eventually went on to pick (to some) the magic score of 49-51Q.

Thanks for attention and help.

There are times when I do not mind kudos...I do enjoy giving some for help

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 125

Kudos [?]: 777 [1] , given: 805

Re: Reviewing Your Quant Work [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 04:02
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
obs23 wrote:
Dear experts,

I could not find a thread focusing specifically on this issue, but please point me in right direction in case I have been sloppy.

I have been doing Quant for a while and certainly saw some improvement in my score, but not to the point where I can solve more difficult problem quicker and more accurate. I still do them but it takes me a while to get there. And since there are many threads on strategies to improve your time, etc (and they are helpful to a large extent but somewhat digress from what I would like to get a view on). I wanted to address a specific issue of properly reviewing your quant work after a set of problems gets completed. What do you do, how long do you do, and how do you review your work in a way that you felt bumped your level from say 42Q to 47-50? Any proper structure? Obviously, those who were originally gifted in the section may not even know the answer to this question but I hope there are a few who did struggle with math initially and eventually went on to pick (to some) the magic score of 49-51Q.

Thanks for attention and help.

Hi Dear,

First of all, i am not expert.
It seems you are going thru a similar phase thru which i had gone earlier.
I have illustrated my way of approaching to GMAT quant in the link below. Quant was my absolute weakness throughout my school education. I got only 54 out of 150 in quant in matriculation exam but since then i have gradually improved my quant performance. Recently got 47 in Manhattan CAT in Quant. So IMO this may atleast partially help you.
help-evaluate-my-problem-149749.html

Keeping the error log will be be helpful in spotting the weak areas and improving upon them systematically.
ds-trouble-help-analyze-ds-error-log-need-feedback-147407.html

Also in my signature i have attached my articles on Co-ordinate Geometry, Rate and distance. You can review that as well to check the conceptual clarity on those topic.

Contact BUNUEL for complete advise on your problem.

Best Luck

Regards,

Narenn

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 33

Re: Reviewing Your Quant Work [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 01:28
That's great, I will definitely check on the resources mentioned. Bunuel, Karishma how would you go about reviewing your work? Try to think back to when you were not that good :wink:

There are times when I do not mind kudos...I do enjoy giving some for help

Re: Reviewing Your Quant Work   [#permalink] 05 Apr 2013, 01:28