Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 19:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Rising Junior - What can I do in the meantime?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Rising Junior - What can I do in the meantime? [#permalink] New post 07 May 2011, 01:10
Hey guys,

I'm currently a rising junior in college that will be graduating in May of 2013. I plan on taking the GMAT at the end of next summer (2012), just before my senior year starts.

With that being said, is there anything I can do NOW to prepare?

I'm very strong when it comes to english/critical reading (31 & 34 on the ACT, respectively), but pretty average when it comes to math (25 on the ACT; fwiw, I got a 30 overall composite - 96th percentile). I'm not trying to draw any comparisons between the ACT and the GMAT because I realize the ACT is child's play in comparison; I'm merely trying to give you guys a better idea of my strengths and weaknesses.

I have yet to take a test and establish a floor, but I can say that I'm going to be shooting for a 700 based off the schools I'm interested in.

Anyway, one thing you can count on me doing is reading these forums on a daily basis...just as I read the forums at talk.collegeconfidential for 2-3 years when learning/preparing for the ACT.

I am open to any advice and I certainly look forward to y'all's responses.

Thanks,

Blazer
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Rising Junior - What can I do in the meantime? [#permalink] New post 07 May 2011, 05:44
Its never too early too start. Identify your weaknesses early with a diagnostic CAT, or the Diag available in these forums, and you will then have plenty of time to work on your problem areas.
Re: Rising Junior - What can I do in the meantime?   [#permalink] 07 May 2011, 05:44