Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 13:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Rivaling the pyramids of Egypt or even the ancient cities of

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Rivaling the pyramids of Egypt or even the ancient cities of [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2009, 15:09
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

50% (01:43) correct 50% (01:16) wrong based on 2 sessions
Rivaling the pyramids of Egypt or even the ancient cities of the Maya as an achievement, the army of terra-cotta warriors created to protect Qin Shi Huang, China’s first emperor, in his afterlife is more than 2,000 years old and took 700,000 artisans more than 36 years to complete them.
A. took 700,000 artisans more than 36 years to complete them
B. took 700,000 artisans more than 36 years to complete it
C. took 700,000 artisans more than 36 years to complete
D. 700,000 artisans took more than 36 years to complete
E. to complete them took 700,000 artisans more than 36 years

between B and C ,I am lost :oops:

By merging its two publishing divisions, the company will increase their share of the country’s $21 billion book market from 6 percent to 10 percent, a market ranging from obscure textbooks to mass-market paperbacks.
A. their share of the country’s $21 billion book market from 6 percent to 10 percent, a market ranging
B. from 6 percent to 10 percent its share of the $21 billion book market in the country, which ranges
C. to 10 percent from 6 percent in their share of the $21 billion book market in the country, a market ranging
D. in its share, from 6 percent to 10 percent, of the $21 billion book market in the country, which ranges
E. to 10 percent from 6 percent its share of the country’s $21 billion book market, which ranges
for this one I pick E is that is that right ??
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2326

Kudos [?]: 9470 [0], given: 3702

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: please help me for several SC question [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2009, 16:38
Expert's post
Please post in the correct forum - SC and wait at least 24 hours before bumping

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director
Followers: 53

Kudos [?]: 183 [0], given: 17

Re: please help me for several SC question [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2009, 23:10
Yes
Underline SC Q
one Q/thread please

and NEVER post YR answer or OA
good Qs indeed :)

Whats the Subject here in Q 1?
ilhht wrote:
Rivaling the pyramids of Egypt or even the ancient cities of the Maya as an achievement, the army of terra-cotta warriors created to protect Qin Shi Huang, China’s first emperor, in his afterlife is more than 2,000 years old and took 700,000 artisans more than 36 years to complete them.
A. took 700,000 artisans more than 36 years to complete them
B. took 700,000 artisans more than 36 years to complete it

C. took 700,000 artisans more than 36 years to complete

D. 700,000 artisans took more than 36 years to complete
E. to complete them took 700,000 artisans more than 36 years

between B and C ,I am lost :oops:

Btw, Both are GMATPrep Qs

By merging its two publishing divisions, the company(SINGULAR) will increase their share of the country’s $21 billion book market from 6 percent to 10 percent, a market ranging from obscure textbooks to mass-market paperbacks.

check this
sc-don-t-get-it-20037.html#p132516

A. their share of the country’s $21 billion book market from 6 percent to 10 percent, a market ranging
B. from 6 percent to 10 percent its share of the $21 billion book market in the country, which ranges
C. to 10 percent from 6 percent in their share of the $21 billion book market in the country, a market ranging
D. in its share, from 6 percent to 10 percent, of the $21 billion book market in the country, which ranges(MODIFIER issue)

E. to 10 percent from 6 percent its share of the country’s $21 billion book market, which ranges

for this one I pick E is that is that right ??

math-polygons-87336.html
competition-for-the-best-gmat-error-log-template-86232.html

Re: please help me for several SC question   [#permalink] 30 Mar 2009, 23:10