Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Schools: Duke '16
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V45
Send PM
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
madzstar wrote:
how is this different from Michigan state university

you're kidding.... right?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TonyMontana896 wrote:
madzstar wrote:

IM DEAD freakin SERIOUS! One thing you Americans do not realise is that just because you doing to gmat dont mean you are american or even live in the US for that matter. I have looked at 25 maybe over US universities michigan state being one but when you say Ross Michigan it maybe different.

Im coming from the UK where i did my 1st degree. There Manchester Metroplitan University and Manchester University all in the same place and walking distance from each other so thought it might be the case here but telling by your sarcasm they are obviously the same uni.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
YES IT DOES. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
madzstar wrote:
TonyMontana896 wrote:
madzstar wrote:

IM DEAD freakin SERIOUS! One thing you Americans do not realise is that just because you doing to gmat dont mean you are american or even live in the US for that matter. I have looked at 25 maybe over US universities michigan state being one but when you say Ross Michigan it maybe different.

Im coming from the UK where i did my 1st degree. There Manchester Metroplitan University and Manchester University all in the same place and walking distance from each other so thought it might be the case here but telling by your sarcasm they are obviously the same uni.

People tend to be harsh on the internet... no need to make broad (pun intended) generalizations about nationalities on here... I can assure you that the people on this site do not assume everyone taking the GMAT is an American...

Michigan state(broad) and U Michigan (Ross) are about as similar as UPenn(Wharton) and Penn State(Smeal). They are in the same state, and thats about it.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Are university of Chicago and university of Illinois, Chicago same?

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:

yes, and Amherst College and UMass Amherst are also the same thing, as well as Umass Boston and Boston University.

To add, Umass Dartmouth is now officially the same thing as Dartmouth College...

Also, U of California Berkeley = Both the Berklee School of Music, and the California Maritime Academy.

:?

Ok, I'm done!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:

yes, and Amherst College and UMass Amherst are also the same thing, as well as Umass Boston and Boston University.

To add, Umass Dartmouth is now officially the same thing as Dartmouth College...

Also, U of California Berkeley = Both the Berklee School of Music, and the California Maritime Academy.

:?

Ok, I'm done!

You forgot one thing: Ithaca College = Cornell University. I mean they both are in Ithaca.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Congrats!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Dear Friends,

I am in a very confused state. I have no idea how to finance my 110k tuition fees?

My mind has gone completely blank and I am not sure how to go ahead with the financial planning. The first step is always the most difficult one.

Please help me with any pointers.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V45
Send PM
madzstar wrote:
TonyMontana896 wrote:
madzstar wrote:

I figured you were trolling. It's a simple google search which takes less time than posting here, or at least the results come quicker. Has nothing to do with country of origin.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
palsays wrote:
Dear Friends,

I am in a very confused state. I have no idea how to finance my 110k tuition fees?

My mind has gone completely blank and I am not sure how to go ahead with the financial planning. The first step is always the most difficult one.

palsays - I'm in the same boat as you. Got the call yesterday and have been trying to come up with loan options ever since. At the moment, it looks pretty hard. From what I've seen so far, Indian banks don't offer more than Rs.30lacs(~$55-60k) in loans which would miss the mark by a long shot. I was told that they'll add us to an admitted students google group next week. So I'm waiting for that and maybe I'll pose the same question there to see what other students from India/similar countries have done.

Not to make the issue bigger - but remember that for F1 visa they'll want to see arrangements for both tuition fees and other expenses during the 2 years. So it will be more like $150k.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Thought I would check in with my fellow wls! How is everybody holding out? How is your summer going? I guess this is going to be a long summer. I think that at this point, while you keep watch on the wls, perhaps it is now that time to reconsider that back-up option... reapplying/etc. I plan on reapplying, so i'm in the middle of boosting my GMAT, etc.

For those who recently got off the WLs, congruts. For the rest, I wish everyone the best of luck. Keep the faith, and hopefully we shall all overcome!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi Everybody, I got admitted off the WL last week. I had applied in R2. Can anybody point/invite me to any admitted students group? I heard there is one google group.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I am an international student who has been on the Waitlist. I recall that the FAQs for Waitlist students mentioned that international students will be considered for admission till 1st July.

I haven't received any update from the Adcom nor has the status changed on Wolverine since yesterday.

I presume its the end of the road for me, but has anyone else received any email or notification from the Adcom?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.64
WE 1: 72 Months
Send PM
dreambeliever wrote:
palsays wrote:
Dear Friends,

palsays - I'm in the same boat as you. Got the call yesterday and have been trying to come up with loan options ever since. At the moment, it looks pretty hard. From what I've seen so far, Indian banks don't offer more than Rs.30lacs(~$55-60k) in loans which would miss the mark by a long shot. I was told that they'll add us to an admitted students google group next week. So I'm waiting for that and maybe I'll pose the same question there to see what other students from India/similar countries have done.

Not to make the issue bigger - but remember that for F1 visa they'll want to see arrangements for both tuition fees and other expenses during the 2 years. So it will be more like $150k.

I do understand that tuition expenses are a real challenge. One possibility you could explore is taking loans form US banks. The only caveat being you would need to have a cosigner/guarantor who is either a permanent resident or an American citizen.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hi,
I got admit off waitlist this week. Indian, domestic. all the best to all those still waiting. Its not a easy road but your never know when you get the call - so hang in there!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi all - congrats to the recent admits. Were all international waitlisters were released today? Were any domestic WL-ers released? I received an email asking me to confirm my continued interest but not sure if this means ill be hanging on til orientation or not. Condolences to anyone who received ba news today. :(
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts