Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 05:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 1088
Followers: 70

Kudos [?]: 442 [0], given: 450

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 15:15
How can one show 'fit' with Ross in the first essay : "introduce yourselves to your future classmates". Suggestions?
_________________

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

GMAT Forum Moderator
avatar
Status: Accepting donations for the mohater MBA fund
Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 1860
Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 388 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 15:47
jumsumtak wrote:
How can one show 'fit' with Ross in the first essay : "introduce yourselves to your future classmates". Suggestions?


Look at the 100 word introduction more as a hook to sell yourself then to show a fit with the school. You'll have plenty of chances to show a fit through the other essays. This essay is about you: why you're a more viable applicant in an elevator pitch when compared other applicants.
_________________

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 1088
Followers: 70

Kudos [?]: 442 [0], given: 450

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 16:13
mohater wrote:
jumsumtak wrote:
How can one show 'fit' with Ross in the first essay : "introduce yourselves to your future classmates". Suggestions?


Look at the 100 word introduction more as a hook to sell yourself then to show a fit with the school. You'll have plenty of chances to show a fit through the other essays. This essay is about you: why you're a more viable applicant in an elevator pitch when compared other applicants.



Absolutely agree to what you said. That is what I was doing until I read an admissions consultant's blog.

Viable candidate in an elevator pitch - does it mean how uniquely I project myself ? I understand that is how they are going to remember me.

There are only two viability parameters that strike me: fit and uniqueness.

what exactly did you mean by viable?
_________________

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2012
Posts: 21
Location: Brazil
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.47
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2012, 12:31
No PDF Preview?
I just hit submit, expecting to review the whole application in PDF format, like I did on other schools. But I was moved directly to the payment screen. Luckily, I was able to return to the application.
Has anyone submitted it yet? Isn´t there really the PDF preview at the end of the form, or did I somehow missed it?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 97
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 12

Reviews Badge
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2012, 10:05
BrazilianMBA wrote:
No PDF Preview?
I just hit submit, expecting to review the whole application in PDF format, like I did on other schools. But I was moved directly to the payment screen. Luckily, I was able to return to the application.
Has anyone submitted it yet? Isn´t there really the PDF preview at the end of the form, or did I somehow missed it?



Just submitted my app.....and yeah....was shocked to see that there is no review option before submission.
Only after payment can one see the final submitted form, the format of which really sucks!!

Hope the process post submission is glitch free.......

btw..... FYI......I did not submit any covering letter, I did not feel like writing anything additional.....hope that's fine.

Good luck to others
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 97
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 12

Reviews Badge
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2012, 10:07
bbharuka wrote:
BrazilianMBA wrote:
No PDF Preview?
I just hit submit, expecting to review the whole application in PDF format, like I did on other schools. But I was moved directly to the payment screen. Luckily, I was able to return to the application.
Has anyone submitted it yet? Isn´t there really the PDF preview at the end of the form, or did I somehow missed it?



Just submitted my app.....and yeah....was shocked to see that there is no review option before submission.
Only after payment can one see the final submitted form, the format of which really sucks!!

Hope the process post submission is glitch free.......

btw..... FYI......I did not submit any covering letter, I did not feel like writing anything additional.....hope that's fine.

Good luck to others



And to add......I uploaded a photo with me in a diving suit.....I so wish now that it were a formal suit!!
Expert Post
Admissionado
User avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 3157
Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 523 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2012, 03:33
Expert's post
bbharuka wrote:
And to add......I uploaded a photo with me in a diving suit.....I so wish now that it were a formal suit!!


:lol:
Hah! love it, dude.
_________________

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Posts: 75
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 19

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2012, 04:24
gdh wrote:
I'm submitted for R1; excited to go through the process.

Are there any stats out there for when, after R1 deadlines, people get interviews?
Is there any detail on when people started to get decisions?


Directly from Ross Admissions Blog:

Quote:
The Round 1 deadline is October 10. This year, we'll release Round 1 decisions prior to the Christmas holiday - on December 20, 2012.
The first wave of interview invites will go out on October 23; second wave of invites on November 12. The wave in which you are invited has no correlation to your likelihood of admission.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2011
Posts: 249
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 26

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2012, 10:23
Hi

The application allows only one file upload in Education section. But it asks for separate documents for transcript and the degree conferred. What to do ?
_________________

The chase begins ...

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 97
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 12

Reviews Badge
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2012, 10:25
dreamchase wrote:
Hi

The application allows only one file upload in Education section. But it asks for separate documents for transcript and the degree conferred. What to do ?


convert to pdf and merge the files into one
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2011
Posts: 249
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 26

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 12:23
zpotm wrote:
dreamchase wrote:
Hi

The application allows only one file upload in Education section. But it asks for separate documents for transcript and the degree conferred. What to do ?


convert to pdf and merge the files into one


Thanks zpotm. My Acrobat had crashed, hence that question. Crazy things, crazier process.

Put in Ross after 00:00 hrs IST. It is 11:59 EST, so that is ok, right ?
_________________

The chase begins ...

VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 1088
Followers: 70

Kudos [?]: 442 [0], given: 450

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 12:28
dreamchase wrote:
zpotm wrote:
dreamchase wrote:
Hi

The application allows only one file upload in Education section. But it asks for separate documents for transcript and the degree conferred. What to do ?


convert to pdf and merge the files into one


Thanks zpotm. My Acrobat had crashed, hence that question. Crazy things, crazier process.

Put in Ross after 00:00 hrs IST. It is 11:59 EST, so that is ok, right ?



yep.. no issues with that.. it is 2359 EST.
_________________

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Nov 2010
Posts: 56
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.56
WE: Corporate Finance (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 16

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 14:48
zpotm wrote:
BrazilianMBA wrote:
No PDF Preview?
I just hit submit, expecting to review the whole application in PDF format, like I did on other schools. But I was moved directly to the payment screen. Luckily, I was able to return to the application.
Has anyone submitted it yet? Isn´t there really the PDF preview at the end of the form, or did I somehow missed it?



Just submitted my app.....and yeah....was shocked to see that there is no review option before submission.
Only after payment can one see the final submitted form, the format of which really sucks!!

Hope the process post submission is glitch free.......

btw..... FYI......I did not submit any covering letter, I did not feel like writing anything additional.....hope that's fine.

Good luck to others



Me too, shocked about the lack of a PDF and their site is hard to read so hopefully no issues. I skipped the cover letter too, you posting that made me feel way better.

Does anyone know if Ross is similar to other schools in that if you do not get an invitation to interview by Nov 12, then you are rejected? Or do you need to wait until Dec 20 to know for sure?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 May 2012
Posts: 74
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 15

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2012, 03:47
Submitted !!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 2
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 2.88
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 08:36
Hi,

I applied for Full Time MBA program for Fall 2013. I realized today that in reply to the question: Enter total number of months of all full time work that you will have completed between the time you received your undergraduate degree and the time of your prospective enrollment at Ross - I mentioned 36 months which should be 48 months.

I mailed Ross Admissions to which they replied that they do not accept updated documentation after application submission. Could anyone please guide me about what can be done? And how much impact it has on my application?

Many Thanks
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 1088
Followers: 70

Kudos [?]: 442 [0], given: 450

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 09:12
pratikgupta wrote:
Hi,

I applied for Full Time MBA program for Fall 2013. I realized today that in reply to the question: Enter total number of months of all full time work that you will have completed between the time you received your undergraduate degree and the time of your prospective enrollment at Ross - I mentioned 36 months which should be 48 months.

I mailed Ross Admissions to which they replied that they do not accept updated documentation after application submission. Could anyone please guide me about what can be done? And how much impact it has on my application?

Many Thanks


I dont think you can do anything else.

and it should not have any major impact on your application because the adcom will review your resume as well and now that you have let them know, they may remember the discrepancy (probability is pretty low for this though).

my 2 cents: because you cant do much now, don't fret over it and concentrate on your other applications.

if you get an invite - great. your interviewer only has your resume and you're covered ; if you are waitlisted: explain this again through email or call; if you are dinged: Ross (strangely) offers a chance for the applicants to appeal the decision. So you can probably drop them an email at that time as well.
_________________

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2011
Posts: 243
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 13:22
I agree with jumsumtak, it's not that big of a deal...I wouldn't worry about it and would focus on other schools. Just clarify it when you get a chance.

pratikgupta wrote:
Hi,

I applied for Full Time MBA program for Fall 2013. I realized today that in reply to the question: Enter total number of months of all full time work that you will have completed between the time you received your undergraduate degree and the time of your prospective enrollment at Ross - I mentioned 36 months which should be 48 months.

I mailed Ross Admissions to which they replied that they do not accept updated documentation after application submission. Could anyone please guide me about what can be done? And how much impact it has on my application?

Many Thanks

_________________

Good Luck!!!

***Help and be helped!!!****

GMAT Forum Moderator
avatar
Status: Accepting donations for the mohater MBA fund
Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 1860
Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 388 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 15:41
pratikgupta wrote:
Hi,

I applied for Full Time MBA program for Fall 2013. I realized today that in reply to the question: Enter total number of months of all full time work that you will have completed between the time you received your undergraduate degree and the time of your prospective enrollment at Ross - I mentioned 36 months which should be 48 months.

I mailed Ross Admissions to which they replied that they do not accept updated documentation after application submission. Could anyone please guide me about what can be done? And how much impact it has on my application?

Many Thanks



I doubt it will have any impact on your overall application. The age range in the program is from ~24-25 up to ~38-39
_________________

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Posts: 75
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 19

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2012, 04:06
The first wave of interview invitation goes out tomorrow. And now I am anxious. :/

Good luck all!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 May 2012
Posts: 74
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 15

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2012, 04:14
Where do i check the status of my application ?
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 22 Oct 2012, 04:14
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
340 Experts publish their posts in the topic Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants jko 1441 03 Jul 2012, 06:46
10 Experts publish their posts in the topic Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants aerien 56 25 Dec 2012, 20:57
38 Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! Yahsek 1305 17 Jul 2008, 02:38
23 Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants... lanter1 2060 09 Aug 2007, 06:23
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  73    Next  [ 1442 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.