Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:48 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2015
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Awesome Level: 10++
Send PM
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Didn't get mine yet. I'm an entrepreneur with a below 700 GMAT. Perhaps next month..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
avneetsachdeva wrote:
mudit234 wrote:
avneetsachdeva wrote:
I just saw an Indian invited for interview in BTG forum.....so its now or Nov 12

Bummer.. No point of being awake till 3

I share the feeling.....counted every moment go by.....9:00 EST, 12:00 EST,3:00 EST...finally 5:00 EST....but nothing

No invite for me either. This is depressing. I'm an Indian applicant too, but one of the admissions blog clearly states that the location of the applicant or when the application was submitted has no effect on the timing of the interview invite.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Do they have something against Indians?......no invite to me either. :(

Congrats to others.....all the best
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.66
WE:Other (Accounting)
Send PM
Saw people getting their interviews today, so I just checked my email, got an invitation for interview at 5pm. FYI-I am in Canada
Manager
Manager
Send PM
vgutsc wrote:
Saw people getting their interviews today, so I just checked my email, got an invitation for interview at 5pm. FYI-I am in Canada

It is already 8.30 pm at Michigan. I'm not too optimistic that they will be sending out invites after office hours
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
Got an invite!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
canadianchamp wrote:

For everyone else - keep your hopes up. As per Soojin:
"Remember that when you are invited to interview has no correlation with your likelihood of admission."

Yes, I agree. I do think it's randomized as to whether you get an invite now or in November. I think they just don't have time to look at every application immediately. You may be their ideal candidate - they just haven't looked at your application yet. Don't give up hope!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Awesome Level: 10++
Send PM
greenmurph wrote:
canadianchamp wrote:

"Remember that when you are invited to interview has no correlation with your likelihood of admission."

Yes, I agree. I do think it's randomized as to whether you get an invite now or in November. I think they just don't have time to look at every application immediately. You may be their ideal candidate - they just haven't looked at your application yet. Don't give up hope!

I hope there's some truth to them not inviting in the first wave because they didn't have the time to look at it yet vs seeking out the most competitive stats first, and then going for the lesser guys.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE:Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Hey,

Does anyone think (has it happened in the past) that the interview invites for Oct 23rd might trickle down a bit today or maybe tomorrow or is Nov the only date to look forward to?

Regards
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mudit234 wrote:
Hey,

Does anyone think (has it happened in the past) that the interview invites for Oct 23rd might trickle down a bit today or maybe tomorrow or is Nov the only date to look forward to?

Regards

I guess we will come to know by tommorow morning
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Send PM
bond007 wrote:
greenmurph wrote:
canadianchamp wrote:

I hope there's some truth to them not inviting in the first wave because they didn't have the time to look at it yet vs seeking out the most competitive stats first, and then going for the lesser guys.

I do hope so too, but someone mentioned an affinity (or a lack thereof) for internationals/Indians?. I saw on another website that 2 Indians did confirm they were invited, but the both had a 750 score. Also some metrics on applicants (all nationalities) this year generated an avg GMAT of 705 (in line with the Ross avg.) , while the avg GMAT for those invited yesterday was 722, a whole 20-odd points off the avg. Note that there there were a few high 600s in there, but who's to say they weren't promising candidates in other aspects. Disturbing stats? Ross could just be showing affection for those who they feel might be lured elsewhere (say in that narrow window until next batch of invites went out?) based on their stats, while abiding by the commitment that they would not necessarily consider these higher priority over the next batch when it came down to admitting? I would like to give Ross the benefit of the doubt. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
Your basing your premise on 7 data points on a self reported GMAT forum to determine that it was 20 points off the average. That is nowhere even remotely close to representative of the entire population. They say it doesn't matter when you are invited, and they send out a lot of interview invites in both rounds. What is the purpose of getting worked up about this stuff and guessing? I know two candidates who interviewed in the second wave last year. Both got accepted, and one got a full ride.

Daedalus3 wrote:

I do hope so too, but someone mentioned an affinity (or a lack thereof) for internationals/Indians?. I saw on another website that 2 Indians did confirm they were invited, but the both had a 750 score. Also some metrics on applicants (all nationalities) this year generated an avg GMAT of 705 (in line with the Ross avg.) , while the avg GMAT for those invited yesterday was 722, a whole 20-odd points off the avg. Note that there there were a few high 600s in there, but who's to say they weren't promising candidates in other aspects. Disturbing stats? Ross could just be showing affection for those who they feel might be lured elsewhere (say in that narrow window until next batch of invites went out?) based on their stats, while abiding by the commitment that they would not necessarily consider these higher priority over the next batch when it came down to admitting? I would like to give Ross the benefit of the doubt. :)
[/quote][/quote]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Send PM
[quote="anonymous2012"]Your basing your premise on 7 data points on a self reported GMAT forum to determine that it was 20 points off the average. That is nowhere even remotely close to representative of the entire population. They say it doesn't matter when you are invited, and they send out a lot of interview invites in both rounds. What is the purpose of getting worked up about this stuff and guessing? I know two candidates who interviewed in the second wave last year. Both got accepted, and one got a full ride.
[quote]

I'm speculating based on the data I had access to: 11 data points to be precise. No one's getting worked up. Just sharing information. That said, I do hope people don't fret over what I shared. It's data, and whatever it may or may not point to, its not in anyone's control outside of adcom; I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

Peace.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
11 people reported interviews, 7 of them reported GMAT's. And the avg GMAT Club member's GMAT was 719 that is applying to Ross. My point was not to be harsh (and I apologize if it came off that way), but that data definitely is not indicative of a higher quality pool in the 1st wave of interviews.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Interview invite!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14