Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 06:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 4
Location: United States
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 14:35
Got an interview! Mine came at 4:55... I had already stopped refreshing my inbox long before that.

Does everyone get a Super Saturday invite? I'm looking to find out more about it


Good luck to everyone!!

Last edited by AndiMBA on 23 Oct 2012, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Posts: 185
Awesome Level: 10++
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 26

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 14:39
Didn't get mine yet. I'm an entrepreneur with a below 700 GMAT. Perhaps next month..
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2011
Posts: 122
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 14:54
avneetsachdeva wrote:
mudit234 wrote:
avneetsachdeva wrote:
I just saw an Indian invited for interview in BTG forum.....so its now or Nov 12

Bummer.. No point of being awake till 3


I share the feeling.....counted every moment go by.....9:00 EST, 12:00 EST,3:00 EST...finally 5:00 EST....but nothing


No invite for me either. This is depressing. I'm an Indian applicant too, but one of the admissions blog clearly states that the location of the applicant or when the application was submitted has no effect on the timing of the interview invite.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 97
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 12

Reviews Badge
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 16:20
Do they have something against Indians?......no invite to me either. :(

Congrats to others.....all the best
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: waiting...
Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 16
Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.66
WE: Other (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 16:29
Saw people getting their interviews today, so I just checked my email, got an invitation for interview at 5pm. FYI-I am in Canada
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 97
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 12

Reviews Badge
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 16:31
vgutsc wrote:
Saw people getting their interviews today, so I just checked my email, got an invitation for interview at 5pm. FYI-I am in Canada


It is already 8.30 pm at Michigan. I'm not too optimistic that they will be sending out invites after office hours
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 8
Location: India
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE: Research (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 17:58
Got an invite!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Feb 2012
Posts: 3
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 18:36
canadianchamp wrote:

For everyone else - keep your hopes up. As per Soojin:
"Remember that when you are invited to interview has no correlation with your likelihood of admission."


Yes, I agree. I do think it's randomized as to whether you get an invite now or in November. I think they just don't have time to look at every application immediately. You may be their ideal candidate - they just haven't looked at your application yet. Don't give up hope!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Posts: 185
Awesome Level: 10++
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 26

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 18:42
greenmurph wrote:
canadianchamp wrote:

For everyone else - keep your hopes up. As per Soojin:
"Remember that when you are invited to interview has no correlation with your likelihood of admission."


Yes, I agree. I do think it's randomized as to whether you get an invite now or in November. I think they just don't have time to look at every application immediately. You may be their ideal candidate - they just haven't looked at your application yet. Don't give up hope!

I hope there's some truth to them not inviting in the first wave because they didn't have the time to look at it yet vs seeking out the most competitive stats first, and then going for the lesser guys.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2011
Posts: 97
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE: Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2012, 21:40
Hey,

Does anyone think (has it happened in the past) that the interview invites for Oct 23rd might trickle down a bit today or maybe tomorrow or is Nov the only date to look forward to?

Regards
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 97
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 12

Reviews Badge
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 00:06
mudit234 wrote:
Hey,

Does anyone think (has it happened in the past) that the interview invites for Oct 23rd might trickle down a bit today or maybe tomorrow or is Nov the only date to look forward to?

Regards


I guess we will come to know by tommorow morning
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Aug 2011
Posts: 51
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Schools: McCombs '16 (M)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 16

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 07:46
bond007 wrote:
greenmurph wrote:
canadianchamp wrote:

For everyone else - keep your hopes up. As per Soojin:
"Remember that when you are invited to interview has no correlation with your likelihood of admission."


Yes, I agree. I do think it's randomized as to whether you get an invite now or in November. I think they just don't have time to look at every application immediately. You may be their ideal candidate - they just haven't looked at your application yet. Don't give up hope!


I hope there's some truth to them not inviting in the first wave because they didn't have the time to look at it yet vs seeking out the most competitive stats first, and then going for the lesser guys.



I do hope so too, but someone mentioned an affinity (or a lack thereof) for internationals/Indians?. I saw on another website that 2 Indians did confirm they were invited, but the both had a 750 score. Also some metrics on applicants (all nationalities) this year generated an avg GMAT of 705 (in line with the Ross avg.) , while the avg GMAT for those invited yesterday was 722, a whole 20-odd points off the avg. Note that there there were a few high 600s in there, but who's to say they weren't promising candidates in other aspects. Disturbing stats? Ross could just be showing affection for those who they feel might be lured elsewhere (say in that narrow window until next batch of invites went out?) based on their stats, while abiding by the commitment that they would not necessarily consider these higher priority over the next batch when it came down to admitting? I would like to give Ross the benefit of the doubt. :)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Feb 2012
Posts: 44
Location: United States
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 9

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 07:55
Your basing your premise on 7 data points on a self reported GMAT forum to determine that it was 20 points off the average. That is nowhere even remotely close to representative of the entire population. They say it doesn't matter when you are invited, and they send out a lot of interview invites in both rounds. What is the purpose of getting worked up about this stuff and guessing? I know two candidates who interviewed in the second wave last year. Both got accepted, and one got a full ride.




Daedalus3 wrote:


I do hope so too, but someone mentioned an affinity (or a lack thereof) for internationals/Indians?. I saw on another website that 2 Indians did confirm they were invited, but the both had a 750 score. Also some metrics on applicants (all nationalities) this year generated an avg GMAT of 705 (in line with the Ross avg.) , while the avg GMAT for those invited yesterday was 722, a whole 20-odd points off the avg. Note that there there were a few high 600s in there, but who's to say they weren't promising candidates in other aspects. Disturbing stats? Ross could just be showing affection for those who they feel might be lured elsewhere (say in that narrow window until next batch of invites went out?) based on their stats, while abiding by the commitment that they would not necessarily consider these higher priority over the next batch when it came down to admitting? I would like to give Ross the benefit of the doubt. :)
[/quote][/quote]
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Aug 2011
Posts: 51
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Schools: McCombs '16 (M)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 16

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 08:13
[quote="anonymous2012"]Your basing your premise on 7 data points on a self reported GMAT forum to determine that it was 20 points off the average. That is nowhere even remotely close to representative of the entire population. They say it doesn't matter when you are invited, and they send out a lot of interview invites in both rounds. What is the purpose of getting worked up about this stuff and guessing? I know two candidates who interviewed in the second wave last year. Both got accepted, and one got a full ride.
[quote]

I'm speculating based on the data I had access to: 11 data points to be precise. No one's getting worked up. Just sharing information. That said, I do hope people don't fret over what I shared. It's data, and whatever it may or may not point to, its not in anyone's control outside of adcom; I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

Peace.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Feb 2012
Posts: 44
Location: United States
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 9

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 09:40
11 people reported interviews, 7 of them reported GMAT's. And the avg GMAT Club member's GMAT was 719 that is applying to Ross. My point was not to be harsh (and I apologize if it came off that way), but that data definitely is not indicative of a higher quality pool in the 1st wave of interviews.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2012
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 10:02
Interview invite!!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2011
Posts: 122
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 10:34
classof2015 wrote:
Interview invite!!

Did you get the invite today ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2012
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 20:26
query007 wrote:
classof2015 wrote:
Interview invite!!

Did you get the invite today ?


On October 23, 2012
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 1086
Followers: 70

Kudos [?]: 441 [0], given: 449

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 02:23
Daedalus3 wrote:
anonymous2012 wrote:

I'm speculating based on the data I had access to: 11 data points to be precise. No one's getting worked up. Just sharing information. That said, I do hope people don't fret over what I shared. It's data, and whatever it may or may not point to, its not in anyone's control outside of adcom; I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

Peace.


one more data point to analyse - 750 :)
_________________

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2011
Posts: 97
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE: Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2012, 03:44
Guess no trickling down of invites anymore.. Gotta wait for Nov now!
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 25 Oct 2012, 03:44
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
340 Experts publish their posts in the topic Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants jko 1441 03 Jul 2012, 06:46
10 Experts publish their posts in the topic Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants aerien 56 25 Dec 2012, 20:57
38 Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! Yahsek 1305 17 Jul 2008, 02:38
23 Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants... lanter1 2060 09 Aug 2007, 06:23
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  73    Next  [ 1442 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.