Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 19:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2012, 18:37
I'm submitted for R1; excited to go through the process.

Are there any stats out there for when, after R1 deadlines, people get interviews?
Is there any detail on when people started to get decisions?
VP
VP
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 443 [0], given: 452

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2012, 22:56
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2012, 05:38
Can someone guide?

dylanc wrote:
Hey everyone..i'm a reapplicant..and in for Round 1.

Wanted to know if there is an approx word limit for the cover letter.
VP
VP

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2012, 11:13
dylanc wrote:
Can someone guide?

dylanc wrote:
Hey everyone..i'm a reapplicant..and in for Round 1.

Wanted to know if there is an approx word limit for the cover letter.

I'm not an expert and this is my view only.

I suggest around 500 because that is probably the maximum you can fit with legible font and margins in a single page. Ideally, I would like to see some white space with font no smaller than 11 and 1.5 spacing.

I have one question as well:
Is the cover letter optional? The field says if you would like the adcom to know something more.. blabla.. go ahead and upload the document.

I see everyone uploading one!

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 398 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 04:47
For the cover letter:

Your resume is held at one page. I'd say have your cover letter not be a FULLY typed page. I agree with the above, if you're going to follow a cover letter template (top heading, addressed to, etc.) 500 words is more then enough to have the page look "complete" without appearing to be cramming stuff in.

Just remember: if you're going to do the optional items for the application, they better be good/memorable. You don't want to be the guy with the longer application that the adcom member reviewing is tired of reading.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

VP
VP

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 15:15
How can one show 'fit' with Ross in the first essay : "introduce yourselves to your future classmates". Suggestions?

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 398 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 15:47
jumsumtak wrote:
How can one show 'fit' with Ross in the first essay : "introduce yourselves to your future classmates". Suggestions?

Look at the 100 word introduction more as a hook to sell yourself then to show a fit with the school. You'll have plenty of chances to show a fit through the other essays. This essay is about you: why you're a more viable applicant in an elevator pitch when compared other applicants.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

VP
VP

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 16:13
mohater wrote:
jumsumtak wrote:

Look at the 100 word introduction more as a hook to sell yourself then to show a fit with the school. You'll have plenty of chances to show a fit through the other essays. This essay is about you: why you're a more viable applicant in an elevator pitch when compared other applicants.

Absolutely agree to what you said. That is what I was doing until I read an admissions consultant's blog.

Viable candidate in an elevator pitch - does it mean how uniquely I project myself ? I understand that is how they are going to remember me.

There are only two viability parameters that strike me: fit and uniqueness.

what exactly did you mean by viable?

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.47
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2012, 12:31
No PDF Preview?
I just hit submit, expecting to review the whole application in PDF format, like I did on other schools. But I was moved directly to the payment screen. Luckily, I was able to return to the application.
Has anyone submitted it yet? Isn´t there really the PDF preview at the end of the form, or did I somehow missed it?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 12

Reviews Badge
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2012, 10:05
BrazilianMBA wrote:
No PDF Preview?
I just hit submit, expecting to review the whole application in PDF format, like I did on other schools. But I was moved directly to the payment screen. Luckily, I was able to return to the application.
Has anyone submitted it yet? Isn´t there really the PDF preview at the end of the form, or did I somehow missed it?

Just submitted my app.....and yeah....was shocked to see that there is no review option before submission.
Only after payment can one see the final submitted form, the format of which really sucks!!

Hope the process post submission is glitch free.......

btw..... FYI......I did not submit any covering letter, I did not feel like writing anything additional.....hope that's fine.

Good luck to others
Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2012, 10:07
bbharuka wrote:
BrazilianMBA wrote:
No PDF Preview?

Just submitted my app.....and yeah....was shocked to see that there is no review option before submission.
Only after payment can one see the final submitted form, the format of which really sucks!!

btw..... FYI......I did not submit any covering letter, I did not feel like writing anything additional.....hope that's fine.

Good luck to others

And to add......I uploaded a photo with me in a diving suit.....I so wish now that it were a formal suit!!
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 533 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2012, 03:33
Expert's post
bbharuka wrote:
And to add......I uploaded a photo with me in a diving suit.....I so wish now that it were a formal suit!!

:lol:
Hah! love it, dude.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 19

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2012, 04:24
gdh wrote:
I'm submitted for R1; excited to go through the process.

Are there any stats out there for when, after R1 deadlines, people get interviews?
Is there any detail on when people started to get decisions?

Directly from Ross Admissions Blog:

Quote:
The Round 1 deadline is October 10. This year, we'll release Round 1 decisions prior to the Christmas holiday - on December 20, 2012.
The first wave of interview invites will go out on October 23; second wave of invites on November 12. The wave in which you are invited has no correlation to your likelihood of admission.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 26

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2012, 10:23
Hi

The application allows only one file upload in Education section. But it asks for separate documents for transcript and the degree conferred. What to do ?

The chase begins ...

Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2012, 10:25
dreamchase wrote:
Hi

The application allows only one file upload in Education section. But it asks for separate documents for transcript and the degree conferred. What to do ?

convert to pdf and merge the files into one
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 26

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 12:23
zpotm wrote:
dreamchase wrote:
Hi

Thanks zpotm. My Acrobat had crashed, hence that question. Crazy things, crazier process.

Put in Ross after 00:00 hrs IST. It is 11:59 EST, so that is ok, right ?

The chase begins ...

VP
VP

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 12:28
dreamchase wrote:
zpotm wrote:
dreamchase wrote:
Hi

Thanks zpotm. My Acrobat had crashed, hence that question. Crazy things, crazier process.

Put in Ross after 00:00 hrs IST. It is 11:59 EST, so that is ok, right ?

yep.. no issues with that.. it is 2359 EST.

Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.56
WE: Corporate Finance (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 16

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 14:48
zpotm wrote:
BrazilianMBA wrote:
No PDF Preview?

Good luck to others

Me too, shocked about the lack of a PDF and their site is hard to read so hopefully no issues. I skipped the cover letter too, you posting that made me feel way better.

Does anyone know if Ross is similar to other schools in that if you do not get an invitation to interview by Nov 12, then you are rejected? Or do you need to wait until Dec 20 to know for sure?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 15

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2012, 03:47
Submitted !!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 2.88
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 08:36
Hi,

I applied for Full Time MBA program for Fall 2013. I realized today that in reply to the question: Enter total number of months of all full time work that you will have completed between the time you received your undergraduate degree and the time of your prospective enrollment at Ross - I mentioned 36 months which should be 48 months.

I mailed Ross Admissions to which they replied that they do not accept updated documentation after application submission. Could anyone please guide me about what can be done? And how much impact it has on my application?

Many Thanks
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 16 Oct 2012, 08:36