Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 15:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [2] , given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 08:46
This post received
KUDOS
Just got the call too - I'm in! (and some scholarship money as well!)

It sounds like they just started the calls, so there's still plenty of time for everyone else!

Last edited by anonymous44 on 19 Dec 2012, 11:46, edited 1 time in total.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.81
WE: Analyst (Transportation)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [2] , given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 09:25
This post received
KUDOS
I am in!!!

Posted from my mobile device Image
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
WE: Advertising (Advertising and PR)

Kudos [?]: 18 [2] , given: 6

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 11:59
This post received
KUDOS
Just got the call from Soojin. I'm in with $$$...call came from a blocked # btw
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GRE 1: 336 Q169 V167
GPA: 3.22
WE: Information Technology (Manufacturing)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 145 [2] , given: 249

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 18:25
This post received
KUDOS
16% of last year's admits had a GMAT score below 680. Ross, and many other top MBA programs, are looking for much more than a GPA and GMAT.

I highly recommend interviewing on-campus, especially if you've never been to Ann Arbor. It's a fantastic college town. There are lots of bars and restaurants integrated with central campus (which is where Ross is). Plenty of housing that is extremely close. Most of the town is really walkable.

They've also done a great job clustering many of the graduate schools together. Business, law, education, social work, and public policy are all together on the same "block" so to speak, so taking courses at other schools is logistically easy and the graduate schools feel like a smaller community within the large university.

ME: PROFILE | CPA: BEC AUD FAR REG | CMA: ONE TWO

bitly bundles: mba rankings | mba programs

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

2 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.28

Kudos [?]: 5 [2] , given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 09:16
This post received
KUDOS
My interview had the basic: Why MBA, why now, your goals (short & long), what skill set you believe Ross will provide to achieve those goals, strengths/weaknesses

The behavioral questions were: your greatest achievement and why, how would someone describe you, what motivates you, what doesn't motivate you (that's all I can think of right now) and of course follow up questions to your responses.

I believe that you should just speak truthfully and be yourself as the behavioral questions are meant to get a sense of your personality. There really isn't a right or wrong answer per se. The interviewer was relaxed and made me feel comfortable the entire time so I thought it was a good conversation flow. I hope that helps some of you and wish you all the best of luck.
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Engineering (Health Care)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 44 [2] , given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 14:48
This post received
KUDOS
method wrote:
sgrunt wrote:
I'm guessing this thread is going to be pretty quiet for the next two and half weeks. Anyone from the previous round have any suggestions on how to get info of the adcom status / progress? The admin blog hasnt been updated in a while : /

The period between the interview and a decision is IMO the worst part of the process. At this point, there's literally nothing you can do and no more information that can be had. Just sit back and wait for the calls to come out. They usually start a day earlier than the stated date.

Good luck!

Or maybe it's time to dig up that hobby from your resume. Anything to keep that stress in check.

My MBA application journey, one step at a time https://spoonfulofmba.wordpress.com

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 408 [2] , given: 243

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 17:58
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
rainfall wrote:
I think I misunderstood what I read on her blog.
On 2/26, the director of admissions said that she would be receiving the comments of her admissions associate directors by that weekend (what would be 3/1) and she would revise on that weekend and forward her comments so the associate dean could release the final decisions by the end of next week (on my maths, it's 3/8).
Quote:
they can stay on track with getting their recommendations to me by the end of the week. I'll review and revise decisions over the weekend and hand them over to the Associate Dean for final approval by the end of next week.

Am I correct?

However, later in this post, she mentions a more precise date. Maybe I'm freaking you guys with this, sorry!
Quote:
The team and I are looking forward to welcoming a new group of students into our community on March 15

Stop trying to read into it. If Soojin says March 15 is when they'll welcome new students, then that's when they will. The internal timeline leading up to it doesn't affect you.

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
GPA: 3.1

Kudos [?]: 12 [2] , given: 5

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 08:47
This post received
KUDOS
I might go to the Parental Controls section on my router settings and block gmatclub for 10 days :) - just so i can sleep peacefully!
2 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 18 [2] , given: 31

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2013, 13:01
This post received
KUDOS
rjdunn03 wrote:
Redtailedhawk wrote:
watching the blog. Last year Soojin gave an update on the Friday before R2 Decisions (or 1 business day before the start of calls or 4 business days before R2 announcements). Based on that, one could project a new blog post between tomorrow and Tuesday with more information.

So acceptance calls started going 3 days before the date? Is that how it was in round 1 this year as well?

it was 3 days last year, but only because she was in conference on the middle day. round one was the two days before hand (so if it follows form: Wed and Thursday for Calls, results friday at Noon.
2 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [2] , given: 22

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 14:10
This post received
KUDOS
NEW BLOG UPDATE!!!
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Engineering (Health Care)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 44 [2] , given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 20:48
This post received
KUDOS
aerien wrote:
nyama wrote:
I hv officially stopped breathing. but i hv hope...

If you've stopped breathing you wouldn't be able to post on GC :P Calm down guys...enjoy the weekend. Hyperventilate next week ;)

Absolutely! Now where's my anti-hyperventilating bourbon?

My MBA application journey, one step at a time https://spoonfulofmba.wordpress.com

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [2] , given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 06:17
This post received
KUDOS
EChopeful12 wrote:
WillstudyMBA4Money wrote:
Does anyone know whether we can expect a call before the 15th???

Thanks

This is the absolute worst first post I can possibly imagine. Two posts behind you is someone who just got a call.

Thanks for your help.
2 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [2] , given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 10:32
This post received
KUDOS
Got the call today, in with $$. In NYC, so there is still hope for those waiting in the main cities. Good luck to everyone else waiting!
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT Date: 04-16-2012
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 18 [2] , given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 11:21
This post received
KUDOS
Well, how about that? This is the 1000th post on this topic. Will this get me lucky?
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.6
WE: Law (Law)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 10 [2] , given: 5

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 11:41
This post received
KUDOS
Just got call at 3:40. Live in a DC suburb. Its not over!
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.5

Kudos [?]: 9 [2] , given: 5

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 11:48
This post received
KUDOS
Just got the call in NJ (NYC Suburb).
So there is still hope!

Posted from my mobile device Image
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 20 [2] , given: 5

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 11:50
This post received
KUDOS
Can anyone who gets a call next ask how much longer they plan to call people tonight? Or any info you can get out of them please?
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [2] , given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 00:47
This post received
KUDOS
I am US soldier currently deployed outside US and i gave my non US number on application. Does it mean I will get a call with internationals or I am dinged?? :-( The wait is harder than Basic Combat Training
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 46 [2] , given: 15

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 06:29
This post received
KUDOS
I don't know why or how, but I am not as anxious as I was before...
I think it is because decisions have already been made, and they are just following the "formal procedures". And there is absolutely nothing I can do anymore.
Maybe in other schools next to the decision I am more anxious because I don't know IF the decision has been made, so who knows what's going to happen... but Ross... they have already decided.

Maybe sharing my way of thinking, I can help other prospective students to relax and calm down.

Moreover, if you don't receive the call today, you still can get in by waitlist :D
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 29 [2] , given: 9

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 06:43
This post received
KUDOS
I just called the Ross Adcom!!!

They were kind enough to inform me that they've run out of currency to make international calls and that all international applicants need to call them if the admission status is to be inquired before the official mail goes out.
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 14 Mar 2013, 06:43