Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 18:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Dec 2012
Posts: 56
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2013, 18:31
lv76 wrote:
FYI, check your spam. I found my interview invite in there today... it was sent five days ago.


From what name/address?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 20 May 2012
Posts: 20
Concentration: Real Estate, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
GPA: 3.52
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2013, 18:34
brosnan6 wrote:
lv76 wrote:
FYI, check your spam. I found my interview invite in there today... it was sent five days ago.


From what name/address?

rossinterview@umich.edu
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Posts: 68
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 5

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 14:55
Has anyone read / heard anything about wave 2 interview invites going out? I looked back through R1 and there was a gap of about 3 weeks between wave 1 and 2. Just trying to see if anyone out there has any additional info regarding how they are organizing their invites.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2011
Posts: 249
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 26

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 15:36
asiddiqi86 wrote:
Yeah i guess your right but I am in Pakistan and its going to take me weeks to get a visa for on campus or any of the off campus locations plus work commitments ao its a big hassle, so i guess adcom would probably take that into account. I am surprised they dont have Dubai as a hub because that would have still been convenient.


I was initially apprehensive of skype interviews. However, having had more than a couple of skype interviews, I would personally advise that - don't sweat over it too much. On-campus is a different thing, but between off-campus alum and skype, I'd now choose one that is convenient for me.

The silver lining is that most skype interviews are held by senior Adcom members who have certain clout on admission decisions if you happen to be a case on margin.
_________________

The chase begins ...

BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
Status: At peace...
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 245
Location: Comoros
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 100

Premium Member
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 16:15
sgrunt wrote:
Has anyone read / heard anything about wave 2 interview invites going out? I looked back through R1 and there was a gap of about 3 weeks between wave 1 and 2. Just trying to see if anyone out there has any additional info regarding how they are organizing their invites.

I got nothing. Since the Jan 10th interview invites went out, haven't heard anything from the adcom folks.
_________________

Like my posts? Please support me by awarding Kudos!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Jun 2012
Posts: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 00:47
Hi all, I submitted my R2 application as well and now nervously waiting....
I checked my status earlier, and it still says "payment accepted and form submitted", will this change if my application is under review?

Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 May 2011
Posts: 277
Location: Costa Rica
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 640 Q V0
GMAT 2: 710 Q42 V45
GMAT 3: 740 Q48 V42
GMAT 4: Q V0
GMAT 5: Q V0
GPA: 3.3
WE: Research (Consulting)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 134

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 09:26
Invited for R2! Their email went to my company email's spam folder a week back, and they sent me an email today asking what's going on, freaking out and flying to the U.S. tomorrow to give the interview!!
_________________


How to improve your RC score, pls Kudo if helpful! http://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-improve-my-rc-accuracy-117195.html
Work experience (as of June 2012)
2.5 yrs (Currently employed) - Mckinsey & Co. (US Healthcare Analyst)
2 yrs - Advertising industry (client servicing)

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Nov 2012
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2013, 18:20
1
This post received
KUDOS
Round II Interview Invites Wave 2 will go out again on February 4th as per Soojin's blog- No need to check until that date!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2011
Posts: 135
Location: United States
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2013, 12:09
Hi,

Where do we check the application status?

Thanks
raghupara
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 May 2011
Posts: 277
Location: Costa Rica
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 640 Q V0
GMAT 2: 710 Q42 V45
GMAT 3: 740 Q48 V42
GMAT 4: Q V0
GMAT 5: Q V0
GPA: 3.3
WE: Research (Consulting)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 134

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2013, 09:36
Had my interview in Starbucks in Houston, flew in from Costa Rica the night before. First fail - WEAR A SUIT. mine wasn't dry cleaned since I booked this last minute, so i wore a shirt and tie thinking its Starbucks. He came suited and booted. =S

So Ross has a fixed format, he had a 2 page printout with questions, didn't vary much, I mention this as European schools are more conversation from what I hear from alumni and tend to go off on tangents.
So you're from McKinsey, I guess you want to join back as a consultant after? (to which I told him no, want to join the industry, he was surprsied and probed which one and why).
So tell me about this one project on your resume, what did you contribute?
Why an MBA? What do you want to do in the future?
How's Costa Rica, why move there, I didn't know McKinsey had an office there, what is your role?
So what do you do in your free time?
How would you consider your experience at Ross a success upon matriculation?
Tell me a time you worked in a team, and you had difficulties with a team mate, How did you deal with it?
_________________


How to improve your RC score, pls Kudo if helpful! http://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-improve-my-rc-accuracy-117195.html
Work experience (as of June 2012)
2.5 yrs (Currently employed) - Mckinsey & Co. (US Healthcare Analyst)
2 yrs - Advertising industry (client servicing)

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 46
GMAT 1: 640 Q V
GPA: 3.82
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 12

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2013, 13:19
Aximili85 wrote:
Had my interview in Starbucks in Houston, flew in from Costa Rica the night before. First fail - WEAR A SUIT. mine wasn't dry cleaned since I booked this last minute, so i wore a shirt and tie thinking its Starbucks. He came suited and booted. =S

So Ross has a fixed format, he had a 2 page printout with questions, didn't vary much, I mention this as European schools are more conversation from what I hear from alumni and tend to go off on tangents.
So you're from McKinsey, I guess you want to join back as a consultant after? (to which I told him no, want to join the industry, he was surprsied and probed which one and why).
So tell me about this one project on your resume, what did you contribute?
Why an MBA? What do you want to do in the future?
How's Costa Rica, why move there, I didn't know McKinsey had an office there, what is your role?
So what do you do in your free time?
How would you consider your experience at Ross a success upon matriculation?
Tell me a time you worked in a team, and you had difficulties with a team mate, How did you deal with it?


Thanks for sharing, Aximili85! Sounds like pretty standard questions, but it's good to hear he followed up on details. I've been surprised at the lack of that follow-up in some other program's interviews.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 29
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 10:18
Already had my Interview. It seems March 15th is very far away, any advice on what to do on the meantime? Is there anything we can do increase admit chances?
Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1252
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 412 [0], given: 245

Premium Member
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 10:36
Expert's post
sagaUCLARoss wrote:
Already had my Interview. It seems March 15th is very far away, any advice on what to do on the meantime? Is there anything we can do increase admit chances?


At this point, you've done all you can do to make your case. Just try to relax until March (easier said than done).

Posted from my mobile device Image
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 42
Schools: Wharton, UCLA, NYU, Cornell, Michigan, Columbia
WE 1: Nokia Siemens Networks
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 11:41
How many questions do people usually prepare for interviews? I have my first one next week with Ross (Skype)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 May 2011
Posts: 277
Location: Costa Rica
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 640 Q V0
GMAT 2: 710 Q42 V45
GMAT 3: 740 Q48 V42
GMAT 4: Q V0
GMAT 5: Q V0
GPA: 3.3
WE: Research (Consulting)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 134

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 11:51
sagaUCLARoss wrote:
Already had my Interview. It seems March 15th is very far away, any advice on what to do on the meantime? Is there anything we can do increase admit chances?

agreed, i was wondering the same today, just twiddle our thumbs and hope for the best I guess..
_________________


How to improve your RC score, pls Kudo if helpful! http://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-improve-my-rc-accuracy-117195.html
Work experience (as of June 2012)
2.5 yrs (Currently employed) - Mckinsey & Co. (US Healthcare Analyst)
2 yrs - Advertising industry (client servicing)

Current Student
avatar
Status: Prospective Applicant
Joined: 06 Mar 2011
Posts: 80
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 7

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2013, 20:50
aerien wrote:
sagaUCLARoss wrote:
Already had my Interview. It seems March 15th is very far away, any advice on what to do on the meantime? Is there anything we can do increase admit chances?


At this point, you've done all you can do to make your case. Just try to relax until March (easier said than done).

Posted from my mobile device Image


Ah shoot, does mean that Ross only sends out admission decisions on March 15??? I interviewed today with Ross and last week with Kellogg so I guess I'm going to have to try to forget all about them for quite some time...
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Posts: 75
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 19

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 23:58
I had my Ross interview a couple of days ago. I guess, I did alright. And now the wait. Actually, I may consider sending an update (I am on WL from R1) soon.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2012
Posts: 22
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 7

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 12:26
nullvoid325 wrote:
I had my Ross interview a couple of days ago. I guess, I did alright. And now the wait. Actually, I may consider sending an update (I am on WL from R1) soon.



Can you share the questions that were asked and whether you interviewed on campus or with an Alum? Also, great if you can share your profile.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Posts: 75
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 19

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2013, 05:13
nikhil1234 wrote:
nullvoid325 wrote:
I had my Ross interview a couple of days ago. I guess, I did alright. And now the wait. Actually, I may consider sending an update (I am on WL from R1) soon.



Can you share the questions that were asked and whether you interviewed on campus or with an Alum? Also, great if you can share your profile.


Sure. I interviewed with an alum in India. My interview was conversational, and we covered the following topics.
- Why MBA; Why Ross; Why now; My role in team; Learning experience, with some occasional follow-up questions.
Profile: Indian/ M/ 700 GMAT/ 3Y BB Tech + ~1.5Y Financial Consulting.
Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1252
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 412 [0], given: 245

Premium Member
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2013, 09:54
Expert's post
beehagit wrote:
aerien wrote:
sagaUCLARoss wrote:
Already had my Interview. It seems March 15th is very far away, any advice on what to do on the meantime? Is there anything we can do increase admit chances?


At this point, you've done all you can do to make your case. Just try to relax until March (easier said than done).

Posted from my mobile device Image


Ah shoot, does mean that Ross only sends out admission decisions on March 15??? I interviewed today with Ross and last week with Kellogg so I guess I'm going to have to try to forget all about them for quite some time...


Yup. They usually start calling admits a few days before, but you'll have to wait until March to hear anything.

Posted from my mobile device Image
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Jan 2013, 09:54
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
340 Experts publish their posts in the topic Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants jko 1441 03 Jul 2012, 06:46
10 Experts publish their posts in the topic Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants aerien 56 25 Dec 2012, 20:57
38 Calling all Michigan (Ross) Fall 2009 Applicants! Yahsek 1305 17 Jul 2008, 02:38
23 Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants... lanter1 2060 09 Aug 2007, 06:23
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  73    Next  [ 1442 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.