Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 07:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 11:13
bond007 wrote:
guys anyone else here waitlisted?? would love to hear some strategies besides retaking the gmat or receiving a promotion.

Waitlisted
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.7

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 11:26
this may sound dumb, but where are you getting your decision? I logged in and all it shows is confirmation of being submitted, nothing on a decision, and no email yet (i checked spam).
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.7

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 11:29
cancel that, figured it out. WL w/ interview.
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
WE: Advertising (Advertising and PR)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 6

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 12:25
anooshasaran wrote:
How did you guys check for financial aid?

I got the info with my call. Not sure if it's posted online otherwise...
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 20

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 17:41
does anyone know when is the deadline for deposit for R1 applicants? I have a hard time finding the information. thanks!!
Current Student
Nationality: Indian
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q V0
GPA: 3.36
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 18

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 17:43
bodu wrote:
does anyone know when is the deadline for deposit for R1 applicants? I have a hard time finding the information. thanks!!

I *think* it will be after the Go Blue Rendezvous that's on April 11-13. Not sure though, I'm looking for the same info.

The decision message mentions this address but its not working for me.
https://www.bus.umich.edu/EnrollmentDep ... fault.aspx

You have to have a darkness...for the dawn to come.

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 26

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 02:55
Waitlist with interview. Heartbreaking - I was pretty confident about Ross.

How many get off of the waitlist ?

The chase begins ...

Current Student
Nationality: Indian
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q V0
GPA: 3.36
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 18

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 03:46
ghostrider wrote:
IndigoIntentions wrote:
bodu wrote:

I *think* it will be after the Go Blue Rendezvous that's on April 11-13. Not sure though, I'm looking for the same info.

The decision message mentions this address but its not working for me.
https://www.bus.umich.edu/EnrollmentDep ... fault.aspx

You are pretty accurate though! It's 16th April. If you click on the "Respond now" button on wolverine access, It shows the payment details and deadline for submission if you choose to accept the offer.

Oh thanks for the info. Did you have to accept the offer to view that information?

You have to have a darkness...for the dawn to come.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE: Research (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 04:00
Nope. Now seeing back what I wrote, I see the confusion. Sorry for that.
You can see the deadline, payment details and checkbox (to accept/deny the offer) all at once
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q V0
GPA: 3.45
WE: Marketing (Consumer Electronics)

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 5

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 05:01
Sorry, I am still slightly confused by the system - how do we check scholarship details?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 06:07
When you click Pay Now it says the deadline is May 1, 2013.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Schools: McCombs '16 (M)

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 16

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 06:48
dreamchase wrote:
Waitlist with interview. Heartbreaking - I was pretty confident about Ross.

How many get off of the waitlist ?

This is what I could find from Soojin's blog.
http://rossblogs.typepad.com/admissions ... tlist.html
Two types of wait-listed.

Unless there's something more recent which I missed, it seems pretty dismal? Especially if one has a decent GMAT/GPA?
Does Ross accept other updates such as an additional recommendation, New roles/promotion at work etc.?
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q V0
GPA: 3.45
WE: Marketing (Consumer Electronics)

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 5

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2012, 10:57
Hi current/prospective students, love if you could help me out with the below! In a really confused state at the moment!
darden-vs-cornell-vs-ross-no-idea-about-144586.html

Thanks!
Current Student
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 164 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 09:54
ss87 wrote:
Hi current/prospective students, love if you could help me out with the below! In a really confused state at the moment!
darden-vs-cornell-vs-ross-no-idea-about-144586.html

Thanks!

I think if you are really interested in consulting, you should first take a look at the employment report. It's important to see who recruits where and what are the numbers, some firms have certain schools as feeders. I tried to take a look at Cornell, but I couldn't find the detailed report. I currently work at a non-MBB MC firm, and within my office (northeast region) we have Ross and Duke in similar numbers but fewer cornell and no dardens.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 09:57
bond007 wrote:
Waitlisted without interview. This is better than the ding from Cornell yesterday!!

Now we need to figure out how to go about getting off the WL!!

For those who were waitlist without interview. Based on prior years, you will get an interview Round 2. Of course if you have notable updates, it doesn't hurt to send them through to the Adcom.

Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 09:59
bodu wrote:

You will be recieving a binder in the mail. It will contain all the information about accepting, the school, sell weekend, etc.

Also some people in prior years have said that they recieved scholarship information with the binder.

Current Student
Concentration: Real Estate, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
GPA: 3.52

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 20:25
Hi!

I'm not sure if this has already been covered...But did anyone use the optional essay for information that they couldn't fit into the other essays? I read some essay analyses websites and I got mixed reviews. Some say that we should only use the optional essay for things such as a poor GPA or low GMAT score. Others recommend using it for an unusual hobby or extracurricular activity.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 15:52
I am applying in Round 2. Does anyone know when I could expect to get an interview invitation? My visa is expiring and I need to leave the country by the first week of Feb. I was wondering if it is worth staying here till the end of January expecting an interview [I assume it would be better to give the interview on campus as opposed to off campus]. If there is no chance of getting the interview in Jan, then I might as well leave early.

Any advice is much appreciated guys.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 19:01
Hi I found that I keyed in wrong email address of my recommender, but found that I cannot amend it anywhere.

Is there anyone who had same situation with mine, and how did you guyz fix it. I really cannot find any amendment function.
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 523 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2012, 03:50
Expert's post
lv76 wrote:
Hi!

I'm not sure if this has already been covered...But did anyone use the optional essay for information that they couldn't fit into the other essays? I read some essay analyses websites and I got mixed reviews. Some say that we should only use the optional essay for things such as a poor GPA or low GMAT score. Others recommend using it for an unusual hobby or extracurricular activity.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Well, there are optional essays and there are optional essays. Ross' is an Open-Ended question, which means you can write it about whatever you want, and not just about "stuff that went sour". And no, you shouldn't just write it about another hobby, but think about what you could potentially write here (what story, item, etc.) that would most help promote your candidacy in view of what else you have written. Basic rule of thumb - if it's not helping you, it's hurting you... but you should be able to find a way to use it, and you should use it.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 28 Dec 2012, 03:50