Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 18:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Thread Master
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 24 [1] , given: 100

Premium Member
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2013, 14:24
This post received
KUDOS
bizwiz84 wrote:
Guys, I just read on the internet.
Our dear friend nyama, being the most impressive applicant Ross has ever seen, received an offer of admission 3 weeks earlier than everyone else. Soojin Kwon traveled a long way to extend the offer in person.
Unfortunately, Ross won't have the honor to have nyama as a student.
The Vatican just released the news today. The Pope resigned because His Holiness felt he was no longer the man for the job. Nyama will be moving to Rome in the fall.

We here at GMAT Club wish nyama the best of luck in this new blessed endeavour.

From now on, it's a sin to make fun of nyama, ok guys? Be careful, or you might end up in hell!

:)! Being the CEO of the Vatican and 1 billion followers, i think i can handle that!! Thankful to the adcom people for calling me with an acceptance offer three weeks in advance!! I'm now negotiating with the dean and the regents, for the school to give me my MBA now, since for a brilliant person like me, there is no need to spend two years at the school!

On a serious note though, the admission rate out of the interviewed people, depends on various factors i would conjecture. ie, the region where the applicant is applying from. Although the average could hover around 45-70% as explained above by others, for the few of us applying from Malenasia (Vanuatu, specifically), the acceptance rate could actually be 100% :)! Of course, if they add my file to be part of the Asia group on the other hand, the rate plummets to below 10% of the interviewed applicants....

...just pure speculation, trying to make myself feel better!

Like my posts? Please support me by awarding Kudos!

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
GPA: 3.1
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 5

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2013, 19:40
This post received
KUDOS
Guys, 12 more days to go before R2 decisions come out. Good luck everyone!
Current Student
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 37

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 06:44
The stress of this is killing me. I can barely sleep! The 15th can't get here soon enough.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Engineering (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 44 [1] , given: 27

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 06:59
This post received
KUDOS
EChopeful12 wrote:
The stress of this is killing me. I can barely sleep! The 15th can't get here soon enough.

I'm starting to get edgy too. Breathe

My MBA application journey, one step at a time https://spoonfulofmba.wordpress.com

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 31

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 07:13
Prudence wrote:
EChopeful12 wrote:

I'm starting to get edgy too. Breathe

I look forward to the weekends, two days away from the computer and not thinking about it.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 58 [1] , given: 37

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 10:06
This post received
KUDOS
I find the time goes quickly over the weekends when I'm wasting money at bars...

Perhaps I should just become a functional alcoholic for the next 9 days and skip some work!
BSchool Thread Master
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 100

Premium Member
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 17:50
the wait...

Like my posts? Please support me by awarding Kudos!

Last edited by VoyagerII on 04 Mar 2013, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 15

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 17:56
I think I misunderstood what I read on her blog.
On 2/26, the director of admissions said that she would be receiving the comments of her admissions associate directors by that weekend (what would be 3/1) and she would revise on that weekend and forward her comments so the associate dean could release the final decisions by the end of next week (on my maths, it's 3/8).
Quote:
they can stay on track with getting their recommendations to me by the end of the week. I'll review and revise decisions over the weekend and hand them over to the Associate Dean for final approval by the end of next week.

Am I correct?

However, later in this post, she mentions a more precise date. Maybe I'm freaking you guys with this, sorry!
Quote:
The team and I are looking forward to welcoming a new group of students into our community on March 15
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 412 [2] , given: 245

Premium Member
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 17:58
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
rainfall wrote:
I think I misunderstood what I read on her blog.
On 2/26, the director of admissions said that she would be receiving the comments of her admissions associate directors by that weekend (what would be 3/1) and she would revise on that weekend and forward her comments so the associate dean could release the final decisions by the end of next week (on my maths, it's 3/8).
Quote:
they can stay on track with getting their recommendations to me by the end of the week. I'll review and revise decisions over the weekend and hand them over to the Associate Dean for final approval by the end of next week.

Am I correct?

However, later in this post, she mentions a more precise date. Maybe I'm freaking you guys with this, sorry!
Quote:
The team and I are looking forward to welcoming a new group of students into our community on March 15

Stop trying to read into it. If Soojin says March 15 is when they'll welcome new students, then that's when they will. The internal timeline leading up to it doesn't affect you.

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
Schools: Carlson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 20:47
aerien wrote:
rainfall wrote:
Am I correct?

Quote:

Stop trying to read into it. If Soojin says March 15 is when they'll welcome new students, then that's when they will. The internal timeline leading up to it doesn't affect you.

Hey, I submitted my Ross application today 30 mins before R3 deadline.

I hope they consider online recommendation letters sent a few hours after the deadline
Manager
Manager
WE: Project Management (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 9

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2013, 21:32
punters11 wrote:

I hope they consider online recommendation letters sent a few hours after the deadline

Dont worry. I know someone whose rec was submitted 5hrs late and was still invited for an interview in r2.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 5

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 07:24
t-minus 10 days until skynet is self aware ... I mean judgement day
Current Student

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 07:26
sgrunt wrote:
t-minus 10 days until skynet is self aware ... I mean judgement day

Probably only 8 days until calls start going out and I can begin panicking...
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 5

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 07:28
skbhagra wrote:
punters11 wrote:

Dont worry. I know someone whose rec was submitted 5hrs late and was still invited for an interview in r2.

My rec was submitted 3 weeks after the deadline of R2, but i was still interviewed. It's fine. Good luck!
Manager
Manager

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 07:31
This wait is getting crazy! 10 days seem like 10 years.
Current Student

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 07:40
TrojanWarrior wrote:

Yes. It. Does.

If only I knew how bad it'd be...I'd have scheduled a vacation.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 44

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 07:46
EChopeful12 wrote:
TrojanWarrior wrote:

Yes. It. Does.

If only I knew how bad it'd be...I'd have scheduled a vacation.

Maybe it's for the best you didn't. It could have been a huge waste of money, because you'd probably be at some great beach wondering if you were going to be admitted... lol
If someone has a time machine or crystal ball, here and now it's the time and place to sell it.

C'moooooooon Ross, let us in!!!!
Current Student

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 08:02
Maybe it's for the best you didn't. It could have been a huge waste of money, because you'd probably be at some great beach wondering if you were going to be admitted... lol
If someone has a time machine or crystal ball, here and now it's the time and place to sell it.

C'moooooooon Ross, let us in!!!![/quote]

That's probably true :twisted: :twisted:

I will officially be doing practically nothing at work for the next 8-10 days (at least for Ross and Tuck) and most likely 14 for Fuqua.

Sorry boss.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: NYU (Stern) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 750 Q V0
GPA: 3.73

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 08:38
EChopeful12 wrote:

I will officially be doing practically nothing at work for the next 8-10 days (at least for Ross and Tuck) and most likely 14 for Fuqua.

Sorry boss.[/quote]

Haha, I feel the same way. It doesn't help that I have one acceptance, so my boss knows I'm leaving for sure. Naturally I'm a bit less motivated, but they are giving me less work to do because of it as well.

Now I have very little to do at work AND little motivation to do it. I've really got to close GMAT Club and my email at work if I'm going to have any shot at productivity.
Manager
Manager

Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 08:45
zaffro13 wrote:
EChopeful12 wrote:

Sorry boss.

Haha, I feel the same way. It doesn't help that I have one acceptance, so my boss knows I'm leaving for sure. Naturally I'm a bit less motivated, but they are giving me less work to do because of it as well.

Now I have very little to do at work AND little motivation to do it. I've really got to close GMAT Club and my email at work if I'm going to have any shot at productivity.[/quote]
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 05 Mar 2013, 08:45