Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 12:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q V0
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 2

Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2014, 18:39
darcraidr1 wrote:
Question: So I have an interview coming up this weekend at a Coffee Shop w a relatively young alumni. The conversation on the scheduling system has been fairly informal. My question is do I wear Business Casual since it is on the weekend or do I go full suit. I didnt get any direction from my interviewer...but I am leaning more toward the Business Casual route...thoughts? Thanks.

Suit up. I did, even though my interviewer came in a sweater.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GPA: 3.3
WE: Operations (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2014, 19:21
Go formal. I went in a work dress because I didn't want my office to know I was going for an interview and my interviewer came in very casual clothes. She also did not mention dress code but better to be safe!

The interview was very casual to the point I got worried because I'm not sure where the "interview line" ends. We walked all the way to public transport and chatted but I was quite nervous about saying things she might subconsciously take into consideration her judgement because she asked questions regarding my application. On hindsight, I might have preferred the Skype interview.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 19:04
Anybody who attended the group based exercise please throw some light on what exactly was the process. I am not able to find much information on the internet so kinda clueless as to what to expect.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 9

Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 19:11
This post was
BOOKMARKED
From the AdCom themselves :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmF-xVTprVA

Honestly - It was a fun exercise. You will meet some really cool people in process.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 19:50
I saw the video but more info on the process will be helpful. How long will one get to construct a one min story using the two words they give? What kinda words will be given?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.75

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2014, 00:47
Hi Guys!

Don't fret over the group exercise. It will be fun!

The interview was very conversational and fun! Keeping fingers crossed for the final communication from Ross!

Cheers! Go Blue!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 11

Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2014, 20:35
Had a horrible interview experience... I had traveled 2 hours before my scheduled interview and because of the pollution my throat gave up. :oops: In between, I had such severe cough that was unable to talk and had to take a few minutes just to take a tablet to continue. On top of that the skype went off twice and had to reconnect it. Though questions answers were good in my opinion and she was very warm, I made an awful impression. Team exercise went well but somehow this has put a big question on my application :?: :roll:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2014, 22:31
This post received
KUDOS
Any suggestions on how to kill time will be greatly appreciated!

Go Blue!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 42

Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2014, 21:21
[quote="randomdude123"]I saw the video but more info on the process will be helpful. How long will one get to construct a one min story using the two words they give? What kinda words will be given?[/quote

Honestly don't worry about it. It's pretty easy and stress-free.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tepper '16 (WL)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2014, 18:18
Will Ross release the result earlier than 14th March?
Or all the results will be announced only on that date?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2014, 08:49
Anyone interviewing on Friday? I am coming from California on Thursday. Would love to hang out on Thursday evening and also suggestions on Hotel and shuttle to the campus?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2014, 09:10
randomdude123 wrote:
I saw the video but more info on the process will be helpful. How long will one get to construct a one min story using the two words they give? What kinda words will be given?

I think you get two minutes (or it might have have been 3) to prepare the 1 minute story, and then your group has 15 minutes to prepare the group story.

There's no real way to prepare for this. The words are all completely random.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.1
WE: Education (Education)

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 42

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2014, 09:37
hswk wrote:
Anyone interviewing on Friday? I am coming from California on Thursday. Would love to hang out on Thursday evening and also suggestions on Hotel and shuttle to the campus?

I'm interviewing on Friday. I'm getting into Ann arbor on Thursday and doing a class visit. I'm staying at the Sheraton. I'm down to hang out and get a drink/dinner the night before. Are you staying at the Sheraton?
Intern
Intern

Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2014, 16:14
I am still undecided on the accommodation but I am looking for cheaper option. Let's connect offline. My number 6503875903

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2014, 20:14
kakakakaka wrote:
Will Ross release the result earlier than 14th March?
Or all the results will be announced only on that date?

I think applicants from the US get a call a day before (13th March) and international students get a call on the day itself (14th March). I searched the previous year's forum for this.

I wish the decisions started rolling out from today but I guess some wishes are not meant to be fulfilled!

Keep the hopes and this forum alive!

Go Blue!
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2014, 10:42
This post was
BOOKMARKED
I had my interview this past Monday on President's Day. My interview felt a little different because I felt like I wasn't asked that many questions compared to my other interviews. This is what I was asked:

1) Walk me through your resume?
2) What do you want to do after Ross?
3) What role do you see yourself on teams at Ross?
4) What do you want to do outside of class at Ross?

And then my interviewers jumped right into "do you have any questions for me?" We had a good rapport, so I am hoping that my interviewer felt like she already knew enough about me and didn't need to drill me.

The team exercise went well. I think our team gelled really well, and our evaluators applauded and complimented us at the end. I'm actually kicking myself for not getting the emails of the other people in our group to give ourselves a pat on the back.

Good luck to everyone.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 9

Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2014, 14:15
hswk wrote:

I used the Michigan Flyer (http://www.michiganflyer.com/default.aspx). Cheap and does the job. Depending on where you will be staying the night i.e. Sheraton or near by hotel I got off at Kensington Hotel and walked.

For hotels:
- Sheraton, Courtyard, Residence Inn and Kensington are all very close to each other but will need a taxi to Ross. It costs about $10.

I must say coming in the taxi was fun, you see the Big House and then the beautiful Ross building appears. The adrenaline kicks in.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q V
GPA: 3.6

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 58

Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2014, 15:20
Guys, Ross has a hotel right on campus, called the Ross ELCC. I'm just staying there. No need to bother with shuttles :-).
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2014, 15:23
noodlesnyc wrote:
Guys, Ross has a hotel right on campus, called the Ross ELCC. I'm just staying there. No need to bother with shuttles :-).

I actually realized that on my visit this past Monday. I found it odd that Ross offered a special rate for the Sheraton and not for it's own property. Maybe Ross was using its Exec Learning Center for something else on Monday.
Intern
Intern

Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2014, 05:27
What's the price of Ross elcc?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Re: Ross (Michigan) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 20 Feb 2014, 05:27