Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:23 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Re: ROSS MSCM WINTER 2017 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ashutosh1617 wrote:
Hi Namita

So i'm applying for MBA also in some good schools in round 1. The main reasons for me for pursuing MSCM are-

1) It's a STEM program which gives me 3 good years to stay back and work. With MBA i'm totally dependent on the lottery system, which is something that ain't in my hand. Also the chances of securing H1-B are decreasing year by year with the number of people applying for it. I've a sister in US who has been applying for 3 years and still hasn't got it. I've no intentions of ending up with a mountain of debt on my head.

2) My short term goal is to work in logistics/product manager. MSCM gives me a good opportunity to fulfill my short term goals and then work for 3-5 years. Then i plan on doing MBA in operations & strategy management which supports my long term goal of Vice President of Operations.

I hope this clarifies.

I cant speak about your sister, but I interact with a huge number of applicants/ students every year and they don't complain about the H1B visa, although I do realize its a threat. There is a risk in you getting a visa/not getting it, but as I understand the process, if companies have hired you but your H1B visa does not work out, they can be flexible about sending you to offices outside the US. Issuing visas is also industry/role driven.

An MBA can help you meet both short term and long term goals. As I had mentioned you can take specializations that help your post MBA goals. Anyways an MBA v/s MS is a choice you will make, I am just adding another view here.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for your reply.

I know companies can relocate. But even on checking on US websIte, the H1-B stats aren't good, with less than 40% probability and the number of people applying for H1-B is increasing at a tremendous rate every year.
I wanted to know if i can face any problem with doing MSCM, then job for 2-3 years and then MBA.

Thank You

Ashutosh Aggarwal
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
ashutosh1617 wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

I know companies can relocate. But even on checking on US websIte, the H1-B stats aren't good, with less than 40% probability and the number of people applying for H1-B is increasing at a tremendous rate every year.
I wanted to know if i can face any problem with doing MSCM, then job for 2-3 years and then MBA.

Thank You

Ashutosh Aggarwal

No, I don't see any problem following that path. As I mentioned earlier, its a matter of choice :)
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
ashutosh1617 wrote:
Hi guys,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this.
I'm kind of late but i still have a round three to try. I was applying for MBA fall 2017 but now i'm planning to apply for Ross MSCM also due to the visa problems faced by Indians after MBA.
I wanted to know what are the placement statistics, specifically for Indian students? I found two placement reports on the schools website for 2012 & 2013. They have very contrasting reports. One states 32000$ & other 95000$ as mean salary for internationals. Someone please shed some light on this.
Also, what are the career opportunities after this program?
I plan to do MSCM and do a job for 2-3 years and then finally do MBA.
Anything else anyone can tell me about this program will be of great help, like the application process

Thank You

Ross MSCM is a great program and I have recently sent applicants there because of the close knit environment. I wouldn't recommend applying there just for visa reasons, but if you are passionate about supply chain it is a great program.

It is late though so you may want to consider waiting. What have you done in the supply chain space so far?

Contact me to discuss further. Scott@personalmbacoach.com

Best,
Scott
GMAT Club Bot