Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:22 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Re: Rotman (Toronto) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Wondered that myself.

Would guess that there is a correlation between participating in admission blogs and a tendency to apply in earlier rounds.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GPA: 3.5
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Any help you need, you can inbox me. I can also add you to the Viber group. Any other questions you have, I am more than happy to assist.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
Send PM
achakraverty wrote:
Any help you need, you can inbox me. I can also add you to the Viber group. Any other questions you have, I am more than happy to assist.

Thanks Mr Billiards and CHekravarthy for inputs and keeping the thread alive.

I had applied on 13th May and there was some technical issue in the submission. However, it got resolved and received confirmation from the Adcom on 21st May 2014 that application is complete and it will be reviewed soon. So, Just wondering as to when are they expected to come back to me on this. Because I know the last deadline is June 2nd and i received confirmation on 21st (much before june 2nd).

So do they process in batches or do they wait till June 2nd to review all the applications in one batch.

My Brief
Indian Living in Africa
Age 30, Work ex 9 years
Currently CFO for singapore MNC in Africa,GMAT 620
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GPA: 3.5
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Alright, so in my opinion, you need to first find out who is incharge of your geographic area...as in which adcom member. You can also send a mail to Yoko.Maliszewski@rotman.utoronto.ca

She is generally very helpful. Then give them your name and details and ask them for a tentative date for receiving an interview call. You can also call Rotman. You will find the numbers on their website...

From my experience if 2nd June was the deadline, they will probably give out all interview calls together. On a different and practical note, international applicants are rarely considered in the final deadline. It's just cutting things too close. Just giving facts. But don't despair. ..have faith.

All the best. Hope you get to hear back from them soon.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I also recall that they had a higher than anticipated number of applications submitted during the earlier Rounds, and even for Round 2 they were behind schedule for their own deadline on getting back to applicants. I don't know if this has affected the later Rounds though.

As far as I know, Rotman employs a rolling admissions strategy; they review applications as they get them and don't wait until the deadlines for each Round before going into the applicant files. They're pretty much continuously reviewing applications and interviewing from October until June. If it helps, for me, it took 24 days from submission to interview invite.

I also agree with achakraverty. Although I haven't seen any proof or statistics on the trend, there's been some people commenting that it's more difficult for international applicants in the Final Round.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Also, regarding achakraverty's suggestion in contacting the admissions director in charge of your area, does anyone know if the directors are assigned by where you are applying from or what your nationality is?

For example, in cssrikanthca's case, if it's by where you're applying from, then you'd need to contact Bailey Daniels, who's in charge of Africa. But if it's by your nationality, then you'd need to contact Sheldon Dookeran, who's in charge of India.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hey guys

I submitted my application on the 29th of May (before the final deadline of June 2), but I haven't received a confirmation from Rotmans on whether they've received my application. I understand that they have rolling admissions, but I do find it quite peculiar that I haven't received any sort of confirmation. I had previously assumed such things are generally auto generated. I have submitted all the supplementary documents for my application as well.

Has anyone else experienced a delay in receiving a confirmation from Rotmans on receiving their applications?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
In my case, I did not receive any confirmation via email, which is what I think you're talking about. I do not know anyone else who got an email confirmation either. Just check the online application portal and you can find out your application status from there.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For those who applied in round 5, has any of you received the offer yet? It is the first and only school I applied... The waiting is killing me...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey guys, I was at Rotman yesterday and stopped by the admissions office for a chat. They told me that they're expecting to interview until mid- to late-July. So for those who applied near the deadline, it's going to suck but you might have another month to wait...

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi MrBilliard,

I assumed you are admitted. How long did you get admission after interview? Did you get it through phone or email? I just had my interview couple days ago so... I am counting every second now....

thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Well first off, congratulations on getting the interview, it's a big step forward. In my experience and those I've spoken with, you can sometimes tell if you're successful based on their attitude toward you, especially at the end. Did you have an interview in person?

I got my offer by phone from Niki about a week after the interview. The "official" offer came via email a few days after, and the admission package two weeks after that. Hope that helps!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes I visited Rotman and had interview with Sheldon on Monday. He is a very nice guy, and we had a pleasant talk. He told me that I will hear the result in a couple days. I think I did fine in the interview but I still worry somehow.

Thanks so much for sharing the experience. I was thinking of sending an email asking about the result. Maybe I should be more patient...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Well congratulations on doing well in your interview! Sheldon's a pretty great guy; he's fun and easy to chat with.

To my knowledge, the admissions office meets once a week to discuss which applicants to admit and reject, so you should wait at least a week before contacting them regarding your status. Even then, I would suggest that you should just wait until they contact you. Contacting them too often puts off a bad vibe... in my opinion anyway. You might also seem a little desperate, and that could hurt your scholarship chances as they'll believe that you really want Rotman and wouldn't matter if they gave you an incentive or not...
Official Business School Representative
Send PM
Hi all,

Great to see so much engagement in the forum here! If you have questions/seek clarification about our admission process (or anything else Rotman-related), to get the definitive answers I’d recommend either asking a question in the “Ask Rotman School of Management Admissions” section of the forum where us members of the Admissions team can respond, or emailing us directly at mba@rotman.utoronto.ca. Emailing that email address (as opposed to any one particular member of the admissions team) will maximize the speed at which you receive a response.

Thanks!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Rotman Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Rotman Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Rotman Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Rotman Forum to dive into all things related to Rotman's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts