Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 10:35

Flash Sale:

The Economist GMAT Tutor - 15% Off All Courses

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Rotman Vs. Schulich

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Schools: Schulich class of 2012
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 2

Rotman Vs. Schulich [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2010, 11:59
I've been very lucky and received admissions offers from both the University of Toronto's Rotman School of Management and York University's Schulich School of Business in the last week.

I was hoping you guys could shed light onto either school for the following questions:

1. What is the lifestyle around York/UofT like? I know UofT is right downtown, but does anyone know what kind of life outside of school people have?

2. What is the ROI for both schools like? Rotman is about 30k more than Schulich, but they have to be able to justify charging so much for people to keep coming back. I've heard Rotman has a great track record for placement etc., but does anyone know how the two compare? Is York as prestigious as Rotman?

3. The main thing I like about Rotman is their Brand Management majour option - is this recognized at all? I know UofT is usually loved for financial grads, but what about their brand management grads?

4. With York, what are the classes like in Niche areas like Arts & Media and Non-Profit?

My profile is 23, M, Canadian, White, Gay, BA Communications, Diploma in TV Producing, would like to pursue a career in brand management/marketing
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Rotman Vs. Schulich [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2010, 09:19
In the past, we have worked with Rotman in hosting their info sessions. Our impression is that they are quite effective and have a better name recognition than York. Rotman is often times mentioned and ranked by major periodicals.

However, to thoroughly evaluate the pros and cons including short-term and long-term impacts, you will need to contact their current students and alumni to get some true insights.

In the end, beauty is in the beholder's eyes...:-)

Manhattan Review GMAT Prep & MBA Admissions Consulting
Web: http://www.manhattanreview.com | Phone: +1.212.316.2000
Receive 20% off Admissions Consultings as GMATClub member!

Re: Rotman Vs. Schulich   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2010, 09:19

Rotman Vs. Schulich

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap