Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 19:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Round 1 vs Round 2

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 0

Round 1 vs Round 2 [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2009, 17:22
I haven't given my GMAT yet. But planning to give end of september. I know most of the schools have R1 deadlines around mid-october or october end. I am worried that I cannot make it for R1.

Can any one wiegh the pros - cons of applying in Round 1 vs. Round 2.
Or is it certain that applying in round 2 has no advantages at all whatsoever, and students apply in Round 2 only because they cannot make it in time for Round 1?

Sorry if there is already a thread for this one.....
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 150 [0], given: 12

Re: Round 1 vs Round 2 [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2009, 19:26
sdrandom1 wrote:
I haven't given my GMAT yet. But planning to give end of september. I know most of the schools have R1 deadlines around mid-october or october end. I am worried that I cannot make it for R1.

Can any one wiegh the pros - cons of applying in Round 1 vs. Round 2.
Or is it certain that applying in round 2 has no advantages at all whatsoever, and students apply in Round 2 only because they cannot make it in time for Round 1?

Sorry if there is already a thread for this one.....

everything is all speculation. If I were you, take your GMAT, if you get a good score, apply to 2 schools rd 1 and the rest rd 2. There is no reason why you couldn't do 2 schools RD 1 even while doing essays. Just make sure you manage your time properly. My personal opinion says RD1 is a better round to apply in because all spots are open and you may the first type of applicant with your background that they see.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Ross '10
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 165 [0], given: 1

Re: Round 1 vs Round 2 [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2009, 19:37
Generally Rd 1 vs Rd 2 are equally easy(or difficult) to get admitted from. Rd 3 and Rd 4(if the school has one) will be much tougher. MIT, I believe, has only 2 rounds and I have heard consistently that Rd 2 is significantly tougher than Rd 1.

Depending on how well you have thought about your future goals, and whether you have researched schools already, you may be able to turn in a couple of applications in Rd 1. It's cliched, but always apply when you feel you have done a good job of the applications. Rushing to make a specific round doesn't make sense in every situation.
Current Student
Schools: Ross 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 4

Re: Round 1 vs Round 2 [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2009, 05:13
I posted about this earlier. You can see the thread here:

any-difference-between-applying-in-r1-vs-r2-81651.html

Respect my Authoritaaah!

Re: Round 1 vs Round 2   [#permalink] 13 Aug 2009, 05:13