Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 05:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Round 2 Strategy

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

Round 2 Strategy [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2008, 11:41
I applied to HBS, Wharton, and Chicago GSB for Round 1. I am certainly going to submit an application to Kellogg for Round 2, but am having some difficulty deciding which additional school to send an app in to. I am currently debating between Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, and Fuqua. I am looking to get into IB or MC after school, but would also potentially be interested in investment management. I really like the idea of Darden, which is the direction I am currently leaning, but wonder whether Ross's name might carry me further should I decide to return to the West Coast to work. Yale is alluring, but I'm not so sure about its small alumni size. Fuqua would be awesome, but I'm not sure whether recruiters in SF/LA target Fuqua graduates.
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 150 [0], given: 12

Re: Round 2 Strategy [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2008, 11:53
I would choose Ross.
Director
Director
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 29

Re: Round 2 Strategy [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2008, 12:02
Darden because Pelihu is uber cool and has awesome quality posts! (birds of a feather, right?) :-D

"George is getting upset!"

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

SVP
SVP
Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 179 [0], given: 0

Re: Round 2 Strategy [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2008, 12:26
My personal pick out of those 4 would also be Darden. The education is rigorous, the weather/Charlottesville are great and their finance recruitment seems to be the best out of the 4 schools that you mentioned.

But really, if you want to be on the West Coast, I don't understand why you're looking at those schools. UCLA and Haas are both very strong programs that are on par, or above all 4 of the schools you mentioned.

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Chicago
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Round 2 Strategy [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2008, 12:30
MeddlingKid wrote:
I applied to HBS, Wharton, and Chicago GSB for Round 1. I am certainly going to submit an application to Kellogg for Round 2, but am having some difficulty deciding which additional school to send an app in to. I am currently debating between Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, and Fuqua. I am looking to get into IB or MC after school, but would also potentially be interested in investment management. I really like the idea of Darden, which is the direction I am currently leaning, but wonder whether Ross's name might carry me further should I decide to return to the West Coast to work. Yale is alluring, but I'm not so sure about its small alumni size. Fuqua would be awesome, but I'm not sure whether recruiters in SF/LA target Fuqua graduates.

I would probably choose Darden, then Yale, out of that group. More brand, especially for finance (IM). Also, for IM/Finance + West Coast consider UCLA.
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 11

Re: Round 2 Strategy [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2008, 13:18
Of those schools, my vote is Ross. They put ~20% on the West Coast. From what I recall, I believe most of this was in SF.

Of course, Anderson would be a great choice as well. I've heard they have pretty good ties to the IM scene in LA. I can't recall which company, but someone posted a recruiting schedule of one of the IM companies in LA and they listed top-10 schools and UCLA.
Current Student
Schools: Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 34

Re: Round 2 Strategy [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2008, 14:23
terp26 wrote:
I would choose Ross.
Re: Round 2 Strategy   [#permalink] 24 Oct 2008, 14:23