Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 20:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

round 2

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
round 2 [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2006, 14:50
I decided out of the blue to take off work and write the gmat this morning.

I got a 670 49M, 32V

Im not really thrilled because I feel that I can do better. Well here is the breakdown. Things are just never perfect. Things happend the night before that caused a lack of sleep. In addition I am currently interviewing for a new job. I chose a different center this time. I liked it better. People were nicer and the atm was more relaxing. The last time, the procter was this really really nice in your face kind of guy and he just overhyped me.

Markers and noteboard were not bad. I kind of liked them.

Writing section was pointless. Nothing difficult here.

Math, I felt like a wiz, didn't encounter many q's that i had difficulty in. I actually finished which i am not used to. I guess overconfidence killed my verbal score.

I felt so good going into verbal. I had 4 rc's all of them are eassssy! I must have messed up on SC and especially cr. Some of them are tricky.

I spent too much time on math and neglected verbal. Although Im not sure what else i can do to improve. I have always sucked in verbal.

I decided that I will take this test again! Hopefully next month. I set my goal for 700 and I plan to reach it. I don't plan on doing an mba until 2 years from now. So i will be around. Perhaps next month? I dont like this 31 day rule.

I am going to save my thanks for next time. Ill still be active here. But I love you guys
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: round 2 [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2006, 16:46
Congratulations.....670 down...30 to go !

Thank you for posting problems on the quant forum. Was the quant similar to GMATPrep ? Even though I score well on the GMAT prep, the questions are tough given that I have only two minutes per problem...

joemama142000 wrote:
I decided out of the blue to take off work and write the gmat this morning.

I got a 670 49M, 32V

Im not really thrilled because I feel that I can do better. Well here is the breakdown. Things are just never perfect. Things happend the night before that caused a lack of sleep. In addition I am currently interviewing for a new job. I chose a different center this time. I liked it better. People were nicer and the atm was more relaxing. The last time, the procter was this really really nice in your face kind of guy and he just overhyped me.

Markers and noteboard were not bad. I kind of liked them.

Writing section was pointless. Nothing difficult here.

Math, I felt like a wiz, didn't encounter many q's that i had difficulty in. I actually finished which i am not used to. I guess overconfidence killed my verbal score.

I felt so good going into verbal. I had 4 rc's all of them are eassssy! I must have messed up on SC and especially cr. Some of them are tricky.

I spent too much time on math and neglected verbal. Although Im not sure what else i can do to improve. I have always sucked in verbal.

I decided that I will take this test again! Hopefully next month. I set my goal for 700 and I plan to reach it. I don't plan on doing an mba until 2 years from now. So i will be around. Perhaps next month? I dont like this 31 day rule.

I am going to save my thanks for next time. Ill still be active here. But I love you guys
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2006, 16:57
thanks lhotseface. I thought that the gmat prep material minus the overlapp in og represents the actual difficulty. actual is probably slightly easier However, it could give you false confidence because of the overlapp. I think the gmatprep is better than the ets version in design and layout. However, it seems to fuction with lag. As for verbal, I think pearson is much less wordy than the former ets. It is possibly trikier though. So i would say if you are doing well in gmatprep with minimal overlapp, You should do well on the exam. a few days before this exam I got a 700 on gmatprep. (48M, 38V) however, there was a little overlapp. So im not shocked by my score. Was hoping for the same score at least.
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: round 2 [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2006, 17:17
Definitely a great score. Congrats.

all the best...
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: round 2 [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2006, 18:13
joemama142000 wrote:
I I decided that I will take this test again! Hopefully next month. I set my goal for 700 and I plan to reach it.

this is what i like about you.. never die attitude..

Success is my only option, failure is not -- Eminem

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2006, 18:14
Congratulations Jonemama,

That's good improvement :-D Keep up the hardwork!
VP
VP
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: round 2 [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2006, 19:39
joemama142000,

congrats. i also like your never die attitude....

goodluck....

bewakoof wrote:
joemama142000 wrote:
I I decided that I will take this test again! Hopefully next month. I set my goal for 700 and I plan to reach it.

this is what i like about you.. never die attitude..
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2006, 01:59
Congrats joemama142000 , for your very good score. Maybe you can do the GMAT better, but is it really required. No one cares about gmat score once you are in a business school. I feel 670 is a good enough score to get you into the best schools. Maybe you should try and find that out first.
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2006, 02:28
Hey,

Congratulations!

seems like you've identified your weakness and are ready to train it; that's why you'll cross 700 next time...

And... I want to thank you for the love that you're giving :)
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2006, 07:25
joemama,

First of all Congratulations on getting a great score! Great job!

The number of questions that you posted speaks volumes of your determination to improve your Quant. You deserve every bit of 49in Q and 50 is not too far either.

Focus on Verbal and a month from now everyone will be congratulating you for your 700+ score!

"To dream anything that you want to dream, that is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do, that is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself, to test your limits, that is the courage to succeed."

- Bernard Edmonds

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2006, 07:26
joemama142000 congrats for your score..

hope you the best from now on :king
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2006, 09:26
thanks himalaya, bewakoof, vivek, professor, remgeo, allabout, giddi, selene. You guys are math genuises and have definately helped me out. I dont think i could have done it without your help and encouragement. Thanks!!!! :beer

remego-I agree that a 670 is competitively "sufficient" and that gmat score doesnt matter once you get in. In reality it doesnt matter what score i get and im under no pressure. However, I am treating this as a goal. It may seem pointless to some people and an inefficient use of time. However, im in too deep. If i gave up now, i would be living the rest of my life doing the same thing. Never reaching my goals, just missing out and settling.-which has been the pattern sofar. I plan to end that streak. Thus, this goal is much deeper. Granted a 700 wont help my chances much but it will help a little. There are many variables that are considered in the admission process. Just because you know someone that got into harvard with a 500 gmat score doesnt mean you yourself will. That person might have 15 years of experience or have great recommendations from alumni/board of admissions or was successful in other areas. It just depends on the person. Im just trying to increase my chances for the future. In addition, if i do end up going to b-school, i believe the gmat score will have an influence in applying for a job. especially in ibanking, pe, hedge funds, consulting. Some employers require that you ahve above a certain score. And not having that could put you at a disadvantage. Same with law/med school for lsat/mcat. All things else being equal, for top job professions, the world is just that competitive.

Last edited by joemama142000 on 29 Mar 2006, 10:00, edited 7 times in total.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2006, 09:31
Hi joe, your perseverance is admirable. I too was on a quest to reach 700+ more than 2 years ago and it is definitely possible, especially with your mindset. You are a source of inspiration for many in this forum I am sure and do stick around even after your gmat is done. It is people like you which this forum needs to carry on its mission of helping others achieve their higher education goals.

Best Regards,

Paul

VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2006, 10:19
joemama142000 wrote:
If i gave up now, i would be living the rest of my life doing the same thing. Never reaching my goals, just missing out and settling.-which has been the pattern sofar. I plan to end that streak. Thus, this goal is much deeper. competitive.

With above in your mind, I am sure you will attain your goal. All the best.

Whether you think you can or think you can't. You're right! - Henry Ford (1863 - 1947)

Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2006, 01:57
Hm.. I can see that more than anything else, it is to satisfy yourself and your confidence that you can do much better. With your never say die attitude, i am sure you will do very well. Wish you good luck.
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2006, 23:29
thanks guys,

dutsitt it is good to see you again. The math forum seems empty without you.

paul-its success stories such as yours that are a source of inspiration to joes like me. Without these, i would be much less motivated.

remego-good luck next time, we can do it!
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2006, 14:23
Joemama, a late congrats, but WOW! :shock: What an amazing score! I knew you could do it!!!!!! And I'm so happy for you...! :)

You are truly an inspiration. Keep it up and I'm sure you'll get a 700+

Hit me up on AIM.....

Don't be afraid to take a flying leap of faith.. If you risk nothing, than you gain nothing...

VP
VP
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2006, 08:11
joemama142000 wrote:
dutsitt it is good to see you again. The math forum seems empty without you.

Agree with joemama that math forum is empty without guys like duttsit. but I also want add our most genious buddies LAXI, and HONGHU in the list.

buddy, without your bundle of questions too, verbal and math forums are empty.
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2006, 08:12
Agreed. Duttsit, come back!! Lol

Don't be afraid to take a flying leap of faith.. If you risk nothing, than you gain nothing...

VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2006, 21:15
TeHCM wrote:
Agreed. Duttsit, come back!! Lol

What happened to cute gals in your avtar :)
Thanks guys for nice words :) gmatclub rocks because of you.

Whether you think you can or think you can't. You're right! - Henry Ford (1863 - 1947)

[#permalink] 03 Apr 2006, 21:15