Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:31 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Round 3: Chances of getting admit [#permalink]
Hi there,

Retaking the GMAT will help, but that doesn't change the fact that there are limited seats across the board in R3. It is likely that schools in the 30-50 range will have more openings than those in the top tier. Now, what isn't clear to me (and I realize the forums aren't the easiest place to do this) is your plan. I get it - an MBA is an exciting opportunity and something you're looking forward to, but it's important to think through the logic of how an MBA is going to help you get to where you want to be. What are your short and long term goals? Will any school in the top 50 do? Or, are there specific ones that give you the best chance at landing your dream job in your dream city? I encourage you to think this through and weigh your options on whether R3 is right for you.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us with the answers to the above questions. Also, feel free to check out our free resources to get you started. Best of luck this season!
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
I would really try and avoid applying in R3 as an international candidate with what will not be considered an elite profile. Now if you can bump your GMAT score up and look further down the ranking I think you can find a match. I would target schools where you exceed the averages by 20-30 GMAT points and give those ones a shot if you are dead set on applying this year
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
sank wrote:
JonAdmissionado wrote:
sank wrote:
Hi All,

Need suggestion for my application in Round 3.
About myself: I am an average Joe - Indian male with IT experience of more than 5 years - mostly in lead roles and substantial overseas experience as well.

I have a GMAT score of 680 (I feel it can be further improved) & I am preparing my SOP and arranging my LORs at the moment. I read everywhere that third round applications are usually useless.

Being an international student, do I have any chance of securing an admit from US colleges for Fall '16? What would you suggest - should I target specific schools (ones that have higher acceptance rate in third round)? Are there any chances of getting admits/scholarships in Round 3?
Or Should I retake in 15-20 days and push for a 700 and then apply, will that help?

Thanks

My suggestion: Don't apply in Round 3.
1. You have no real reason (from the schools perspective)
2. You are an international candidate (making things harder)
3. You have a relatively low GMAT.

Instead, my suggestion would be to retake the GMAT and apply R1 next year. Here are some thoughts about retaking the GMAT as an Indian candidate: https://admissionado.com/mba/to-retake-o ... -the-gmat/

Best,
JF

Thanks the reply, Jon. I understand what you mean, but it is tough for me to wait another year. From the information that you have shared, it looks like you are talking only about elite colleges. I am not really aiming for top 10 or top 20. A top top 40/50 college should be good enough.

Are there practically no chances there as well? Will a 700 help in that regard?

Hey there,
Well you could probably make a top 40/50 college. But again, why rush it? If you can make a Top 50 college in R3, it means you can hit a Top30 college in R1. Which means it will be a better school with better placements where people come away with better salaries. And it STILL makes sense to wait. :)

Best,
Jon
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Expert Reply
I would suggest waiting and applying with a better GMAT score, and well-prepared application package. The better odds of getting admitted to your more preferred schools and increased odds of getting a scholarship should be good reasons to wait unless there is something that really compels you to have to do it this year.

Wish you all the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: ISB '21 (WL)
Send PM
Hi

I got 730 in gmat on 20 dec 2019. I am an Lead developer in India with 7.5 CGPA from National Institute of Technology with 7 year experience . 3 years in Samsung Electronics and 4 years in PineLabs Pvt Ltd , I also have international exp for 6 month.
I applied and inverviewed for ISB, waiting for result.
Can you please suggest me other good b- schools to apply this year.
Is it worth to apply in NTU singapore for third round.
Any help is really appreciated.
Thanks
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Vibranture
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi mudit89

Your GMAT of 730 and international experience sounds interesting. However, you do fall in the over-represented Indian male engg category and that would make it harder to get in. But if you strategize correctly, you could get good offers.

I might be able to suggest a few schools, but I'd need to know more details about your work experience esp. the international exp.
Kindly email me your resume and short-term long term goals at mail@vibranture.com and we can take it further.

Click here to learn How B-school adcom will evaluate your profile
https://vibranture.com/articles/how-scho ... rofile.htm

mudit89 wrote:
Hi

I got 730 in gmat on 20 dec 2019. I am an Lead developer in India with 7.5 CGPA from National Institute of Technology with 7 year experience . 3 years in Samsung Electronics and 4 years in PineLabs Pvt Ltd , I also have international exp for 6 month.
Thanks
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
mudit89 wrote:
Hi

Thanks

Hello mudit89,

Apologies for the slightly delayed response.

Your GMAT score and international score will add value to your overall case; however, that you belong to an over-represented pool of applicants remains the case.
While your chances will be lower in Round 3, we do not see why you shouldn't apply to NTU.
Regarding other business schools, we would be interested in knowing the geographies you are targetting and what your career goals are.

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot