Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 03:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

RSM General Management (late application?)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

RSM General Management (late application?) [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2011, 01:23
Hi,
Ihope this is the right forum for my issue.

Last fall I graduated in political science and economics at TU Darmstadt (Germany). I'm currently working and I decided to apply for the General Management Master at the Rotterdam School of Management.

I did my first GMAT test today and scored 590 (Q33 & V38). RSM requires a minimum of 600 :|

Since I was doing most of my GMAT preparations after work and during weekends, I know that I could substantially improve my quantitative score if I devoted one or two weeks of holiday to math review. During practice with GMAT Prep and Kaplan Prep I scored 670 and 690.

I'm just worried that I could be too late with my second GMAT test, since the earliest possible test date is the 9th of May. It only makes sense for me to retake the test if my chances of actually getting into RMS so late in the application phase are reasonably high. Which is why I'd like to consult you about your experience with RSM applications. How late in the application phase is it still possible to get a in? Did someone here already apply for the General Management programme?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 85

Kudos [?]: 481 [0], given: 432

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: RSM General Management (late application?) [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2011, 05:49
Expert's post
It's probably best to email the admissions office at RSM and tell them your situation. Some schools having rolling or open admissions; this means that they stay open until the the student limit is reached or the program starts. Other programs set strict deadlines. But even in the second case there may be a small chance to complete the application slightly after the deadline.

Again, contact the admissions office. If you tell them your situation beforehand, then they might be willing to work with you. But if you surprise them with this info shortly before or right after the deadline, they will be less sympathetic and probably refuse any extensions.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: RSM General Management (late application?)   [#permalink] 18 Apr 2011, 05:49