Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Nov 2014, 00:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

RSM:my analysis of the school and want to know if it's right

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

RSM:my analysis of the school and want to know if it's right [#permalink] New post 02 May 2008, 20:43
hey guys,

I thought of gathering some relevant info on this school Rotterdam School of Management. To me the school looks extremely good. Great internationalism and diversity. Looks like the new Dean is committed to take the school higher. Actually from my reseach I find that it is a very well established brand name especially in Europe. The most attractive feature to me are:

1. Great diversity: 95% international students from 40 nations

2. Right class size for my taste. I think that 100-150 is the right class size for me because it is just enough to not be too small and small enough to recieve personal attention from the career services centre. Also I dont wand to be just another guy in the school so I think the class size is just right.

3. 15 month program with a 3 month internship in between. I think just right in combining the US and the European models on MBA. Also better than spending 2 years in school.

4. Average age of participants about 29 and average work exp of about 5 years. I think just about right because not too young and not too old.

5. Rotterdam a great city. Second largest port in the world so I believe ample good opprtunities for jobs. I also believe that RSM brand has good mobility althrouhgout Europe.

The downsides of RSM to me are:

1. Biggest downside is their lack of scholarship opportunities. They tell me that due to their limited endowment, they have to survive on the tuition fees so they cannot afford to give out huge scholarships.

2. Has been slipping in the ranking recently. I believe that is why the new Dean has been hired, to get the school back up to where it was in terms of its rankings.

Now here is my question:

Have I got the details of the school correct? I have done a lot of research on this school because I have to decide whether to accept the schools offer or not and the details above are purely my perceptions of the school. I will appreciate anyone's viewpoint regarding this school and thank you in advance.
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 10

Re: RSM:my analysis of the school and want to know if it's right [#permalink] New post 02 May 2008, 21:34
From what I know, it sounds about right. It has a decent reputation in Europe, shorter that US courses (which is normal for Europe). It has been slipping recently, probably more to do with the increasing competition in Europe from a lot of growing schools.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: RSM:my analysis of the school and want to know if it's right [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2008, 21:34
I would be leery of any program whose rankings are slipping
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: INSEAD Dec'10
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 4

Re: RSM:my analysis of the school and want to know if it's right [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2008, 23:36
I am also considering to add this school to the list, but am bothered by its position in the rankings. Is there anyone here who knows the career placements of the last classes?

http://applicant.wordpress.com/

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: St. Gallen '09
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 5

Re: RSM:my analysis of the school and want to know if it's right [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2008, 23:25
Nerdboy wrote:
I am also considering to add this school to the list, but am bothered by its position in the rankings. Is there anyone here who knows the career placements of the last classes?

The latest placement report I have seen is this one:

http://www.rsm.nl/portal/page/portal/ho ... 202006.pdf
Re: RSM:my analysis of the school and want to know if it's right   [#permalink] 07 Aug 2008, 23:25