Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 18:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Running once or twice for the GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Running once or twice for the GMAT [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 00:32
Hello!

I have only one shot for my admission and the deadline is on the 30th of May. I was thinking about running twice for the exam on the end of April and on the end of May. Do you think it is a good idea ? I need a 550 score.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT Date: 06-13-2012

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 13

Re: Running once or twice for the GMAT [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 00:59
olwan wrote:
Hello!

I have only one shot for my admission and the deadline is on the 30th of May. I was thinking about running twice for the exam on the end of April and on the end of May. Do you think it is a good idea ? I need a 550 score.

Hey,

I haven't done the GMAT yet, though I'm planning something similar.

My admission deadline is July, 1st. I have my first test scheduled for May 7th and still have time for another try if it doesn't work out. In your case, it depends of course how much you have done so far. But why not try in April and see how it goes and then re-take if necessary in May. What program/university are you applying to?
Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Running once or twice for the GMAT [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 01:58
Thanks for the reply. I see you are located in Germany. I am applying to Mannheim Uni and the deadline is on the 31st of May. How is preperation for the GMAT so far? I need a minumum of 550 for admission. What about you?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT Date: 06-13-2012

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 13

Re: Running once or twice for the GMAT [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 02:38
olwan wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I see you are located in Germany. I am applying to Mannheim Uni and the deadline is on the 31st of May. How is preperation for the GMAT so far? I need a minumum of 550 for admission. What about you?

Yeah I am from Germany, I'm not applying for Mannheim though, I'm applying for an IT MSc in Maastricht. I need a score of 600 and am almost done with all the guides, so I still have 1 month to go over the OG guide. I need a score of 600...
Manager
Manager
WE: Project Management (Other)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 16

Re: Running once or twice for the GMAT [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 05:15
A couple of things to consider as well:
* the exam centers are going to get really busy before the switch to the new exam (June 2nd is the last dasy the old format is administered)
* time slots fill up quickly and you may not have the date and time you want!
https://www.mba.com/service/testing/tes ... MENTSEARCH
* review GMAC policy to reschedule or cancel an appointment. Rescheduling or cancelling will cost you between $50 and $250
- $250 to take the exam
- Rescheduling Fee
If you reschedule the date, time, or location of your appointment—
More than 7 calendar days before the scheduled test date, time, or location: US$50.00 fee (each time you reschedule)
Within 7 calendar days before the scheduled test date, time, or location: Additional USD 250.00 fee
http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/schedule-a- ... tment.aspx

- Cancellation Fee
Cancellation Refund
You may choose to cancel your appointment if you do not intend to reschedule. Based on local law, the following refunds may apply based on when you cancel online. You are welcome to cancel by phone, but please keep in mind that a US$10 service fee may apply.
If you cancel your appointment—
More than 7 calendar days before the scheduled test date and time: US$80.00 refund
Within 7 calendar days before the scheduled test date and time: No refund
*Your registration fee will be forfeited if you miss your scheduled appointment.
http://www.mba.com/the-gmat/schedule-a- ... tment.aspx

andih wrote:
olwan wrote:
Hello!

Hey,

I haven't done the GMAT yet, though I'm planning something similar.

My admission deadline is July, 1st. I have my first test scheduled for May 7th and still have time for another try if it doesn't work out. In your case, it depends of course how much you have done so far. But why not try in April and see how it goes and then re-take if necessary in May. What program/university are you applying to?

Kudos is a great way to say Thank you...

Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Running once or twice for the GMAT [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 05:59
thank you. I just checked the mba website and there is only 5 days left in the month. I am registering tonight. Thank you
Re: Running once or twice for the GMAT   [#permalink] 05 Apr 2012, 05:59