Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 05:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Running out of materials? New materials suggestion?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Running out of materials? New materials suggestion? [#permalink] New post 17 May 2006, 19:35
Done with the following completely:

1) Kaplan General
2) Kaplan Verbal Workout
3) Kaplan Math workout
4) PR General
5) PR Verbal Workout
6) PR Math Workout
7) OG
8) OG Math
9) OG Verbal
10) Kaplan 800
11) Manhattan all 7 books

The only material that I have done partially are:
1) RC 1000
2) SC 1000
3) CR 1000

What is now a good resource apart from the above to improve verbal score? I scored 660(Q:50,V:29)

Chirag suggested a few strategies, but they involve the above 1000 series.. and there are no official answers available for them.. so I am a bit worried of doing them completely.. I have done them randomly...

Should I try any of the following:
1) Barrons
2) NOva
3) Arco
4) Gmat for dummies

Or Should I take a Class? If I take a prep class, what are the good options?

Thanks!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2006, 23:16
Hey Willget800,

I am just starting to do my studying, and so far I have OG 10, but thats pretty much it.

Out of all the books you have completed, are there any specific Math or Verbal books that you can recommend??
SVP
SVP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 109 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2006, 23:25
Don't pick Barrons coz it's way too easy, as compared to real GMAT, and not so updated ...Its CRs guide is convoluted . The best strategy for CRs can be found in Princeton Review's Cracking the GMAT.
Nova: I did upload the book here but heard many bad comments on it.
Why don't u try materials of GRE or LSAT...those have some overlap with GMAT :) ...LSAT's CR guide book must be useful.
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 139 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 09 Jul 2006, 01:38
Start attacking RCs voraciously, I mean like 10-20 a day. RCs will not only improve your general comprehension ability, they will hone in your critical thinking skills and give you a better understanding of English grammer. Inevitably this will have a strong impact on your CR and SC accuracy, not to mention your overall Verbal (and AWA) performance.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 09 Jul 2006, 23:58
Are there any specific Math or Verbal books that anyone can recommend in preparing for the test??
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2006, 02:38
I have the ARCO quant and general that I read only a bit a go the quant part loot ok they have if not wrong 3 CAT on CD and 6 full leght test on the book but as far I have read should be good only in the quant section Ill let u know as soon as I go throught the material...

“If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.â€

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Running out of materials? New materials suggestion? [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2006, 11:34
willget800 wrote:
Done with the following completely:

1) Kaplan General
2) Kaplan Verbal Workout
3) Kaplan Math workout
4) PR General
5) PR Verbal Workout
6) PR Math Workout
7) OG
8) OG Math
9) OG Verbal
10) Kaplan 800
11) Manhattan all 7 books

The only material that I have done partially are:
1) RC 1000
2) SC 1000
3) CR 1000

What is now a good resource apart from the above to improve verbal score? I scored 660(Q:50,V:29)

Chirag suggested a few strategies, but they involve the above 1000 series.. and there are no official answers available for them.. so I am a bit worried of doing them completely.. I have done them randomly...

Should I try any of the following:
1) Barrons
2) NOva
3) Arco
4) Gmat for dummies

Or Should I take a Class? If I take a prep class, what are the good options?

Thanks!

Really? wow you seem to have done all that there is to do and then more! Wow you must be studying long! My weak area is Math and I need some books that start of with basics and build on that...I have done PR, kaplan Premier and have the OG but am not satisfied.
If I were to choose any Math workbooks out of the ones you have finished - Japlan, Princeton, Official and Manhattan - what would you recommend?

Saumil Annegiri,
Business Analyst (Philly, PA)

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2006, 21:27
Manhattan and Veritas
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Recommend books [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2007, 18:24
Hi

I have recently started my preparations for GMAT. I find Maths not as tough as SC/ CR and RC, although I think I need more clarity with probability problems .

Can someone pls recommend a book specifically on probability and also a good grammar book. Need to refresh on the basics again :wink: before I delve into the tough ones.

thanks
esbee
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Recommend books [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2007, 03:22
forgmat wrote:
Can someone pls recommend a book specifically on probability and also a good grammar book. Need to refresh on the basics again :wink: before I delve into the tough ones.

thanks
esbee

Hi Esbee,

I have heard good things about Wren and Martin's grammar book and also MGMAT's SC book

You could try those out.

Nupur
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2007, 11:19
thanks nupur I will do that. :-D
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2007, 01:07
Willget800,
You have done all the best material available for Gmat prep. Had I been in your place. Instead of looking for new material, I will revise my mistakes and learn from them. If you keep repeating the same mistakes and dont learn from them. It is most likely thet you will reapeat the same mistakes in the new material also and will not make any headway in your score.
VP
VP
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 118 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2007, 13:26
Notmykind wrote:
Willget800,
You have done all the best material available for Gmat prep. Had I been in your place. Instead of looking for new material, I will revise my mistakes and learn from them. If you keep repeating the same mistakes and dont learn from them. It is most likely thet you will reapeat the same mistakes in the new material also and will not make any headway in your score.

Your advice is right on the money! Agreed 100%.
BSchool Thread Master
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 123

[#permalink] New post 29 May 2007, 14:50
1000s are great bro.:)
  [#permalink] 29 May 2007, 14:50