I am admit at SBS Oxford in the class entering 2007. As suggested by Fig, here is the thread where you can ask questions and I will try my best to answer them as soon as possible.
Fig, If you like you make make it sticky.
Could please let what did u like abt the school. Some info on pros n cons of the school.
Are the placements for international students at par with those for local students?
Advantages and disadvantages of a one year course?
The last question is generic but I would appreciate an answer.
What I like about school:
1. Brand Name
2. International Recognition because my long term goals is to go back to India
3. Mix of business and social entrepreneurship
As described above
1. Little difficult in terms of placements as compared to US 2 year programs
2. Two year course is squeezed in 1 year. So you will have to work really really hard.
Placements are at par with locals because once you are graduate of SBS then you are automatically eligible for HSMP so employers don't have to worry about ur VISA etc.
Advantages and Disadvantages of 1 year program:
2. Only out of work for just a year
1. Internship - Not available. But at Oxford you may do a 3 month internship after course completion.
2. Two year course is squeezed in 1 year. So you will have to work really really hard. It may take a toll on relationships.
I hope I answered all your questions. Let me know if you need more info.
Thanks, first of all for the initiative.
Said is one of the schools I am looking at, for the fall of 2008.
post by a current SAID student (an Indian) is not very encouraging to career changers. Could you tell us more about the placement scenario? Do career changers start off as analysts in MC/IB, unlike the top US Schools/LBS/INSEAD where they typically start off as Associates?