Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 02:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Salaries & Bonuses Slashed

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Salaries & Bonuses Slashed [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2008, 15:19
Hey guys,

I'm in the funds management industry and needless to say, things aren't going so well for everyone in this industry right now. As a result, salaries are frozen and bonuses slashed. I'm just wondering how this is going to look when you enter your compensation details as part of your application ... surely schools must take this into account?
Current Student
Schools: CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 184 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Salaries & Bonuses Slashed [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2008, 15:23
BSchoolorBust wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm in the funds management industry and needless to say, things aren't going so well for everyone in this industry right now. As a result, salaries are frozen and bonuses slashed. I'm just wondering how this is going to look when you enter your compensation details as part of your application ... surely schools must take this into account?

I think it's understable. In my case, due to the turmoil that my company experienced (financial services industry), I missed out on a promotion and salary bump, and not to mention, my 2007/2008 bonus was peanuts compared to the previous year.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Salaries & Bonuses Slashed [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2008, 15:34
I am having the same problem and am planning to throw a one or two line explanation into the optional essay. I think they know this, but it may help them understand your company's situation better if you briefly explain it. My guess is that they are going to cut finance people some slack this year -- I don't mean lowering the admissions standards, but there is going to be a lot of "weird crap" that happened to people, so the adcom is probably more willing to look at people with "pro forma" career results as long as the impact has been recent and attributable to the credit crisis and current market conditions. Anyway, even if that is not the case, no point in worrying about it since you can't change it now! :roll:
Re: Salaries & Bonuses Slashed   [#permalink] 24 Jul 2008, 15:34