Sale of pens constitutes 10% of the turnover of Company T. If the sale of pens falls down by 2%, what is the new turnover?
(1) The sales of other items remain the same.
(2) The turnover initially was $250 crores.
I marked C can anyone Explain why it is wrong
Initially, Sales = 10% of Initial Turnover.
Later, (100-2)% of Sales = x% of New Turnover.
or, 98% of Sales = x% of New Turnover......... (i)
(1) Just because the sales of other items remains the same, the new turnover cannot be estimated.
(2) Only the initial turnover is given. Hence new turnover and x in equation (i) are both unknown.
(1) + (2) : Equation (i) cannot still be solved.
I hope it helped. Please kudos me if it did.
Kudos is the currency of appreciation.
You can have anything you want if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be and do anything you set out to accomplish, if you hold to that desire with the singleness of purpose. ~William Adams
Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close to success they were when they gave up. ~Thomas A. Edison
Wir müssen wissen, Wir werden wissen. (We must know, we will know.) ~Hilbert