Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 13:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Same Day Practice Tests---560 to 740. Should I be worried?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Same Day Practice Tests---560 to 740. Should I be worried? [#permalink] New post 27 May 2012, 10:44
Hey all,

So I'm taking my GMAT this Friday... a few days ago I took a Princeton Review practice test and scored a 560. I'm shooting for a 700, so I was panicking and nearly cancelled my test. To try it again later in the day, I took a GMAT official practice test and got a 740. Is this just PR skewing scores to get you to buy more products? Should I be worried? Or should I take the GMAT official practice test to be more accurate and think that I should be close to my goal?

Thanks!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V38
GPA: 2.6
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Electronics)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User
Re: Same Day Practice Tests---560 to 740. Should I be worried? [#permalink] New post 27 May 2012, 11:38
Hello ajs48,

It has been said around the forum that the Princeton practice tests aren't very accurate. At this point I would try not to be "worried" since you cannot get any refund or reschedule. It's definitely great news though that you scored a 740 on the GMAT Official Practice test though. That would definitely be better than the Princeton ones. With 5 days until, I would go ahead and try out another 2-3 exams in the meantime to grow some extra comfort. Otherwise, don't let the 560 bother you since most would disqualify those results.

Don't let a low GPA destroy your dreams of a business education.

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2160

Kudos [?]: 7598 [0], given: 3626

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Same Day Practice Tests---560 to 740. Should I be worried? [#permalink] New post 27 May 2012, 12:50
Expert's post
I score 750 after getting a 740 on my second g,atprep, so think you are doing great and on the right track! Do not cancel (unless you saw a bunch of repeats and familiar questions on the GMAT prep).

Good luck on Friday - let us know how it goes.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Same Day Practice Tests---560 to 740. Should I be worried? [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2012, 14:34
Took it today- got a 730! I guess the PR tests were nothing to worry about.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V38
GPA: 2.6
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Electronics)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User
Re: Same Day Practice Tests---560 to 740. Should I be worried? [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2012, 22:11
AMAZING!!!! Please leave a review of your entire experience and a breakdown of it =]

Those are normally one of the more useful posts for this community. Congrats, again!

Don't let a low GPA destroy your dreams of a business education.

Intern
Intern

Re: Same Day Practice Tests---560 to 740. Should I be worried? [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2012, 13:48
I started studying in March with the goal of taking the GMAT April 17. My first GMATPrep practice exam (the first one), I got a 700 (Q40 V46) without studying, so I felt pretty good. I began studying using Princeton Review Crack the GMAT. A few weeks in, I started taking the PR online CAT practice tests. The first test my score dropped to a 650, and then second test after looking over my errors and studying more my score dropped to a 580. I panicked and rescheduled my exam for June 1st.

I came home from school May 20th and started studying for hours a day to prepare. I took another PR practice test and got a 560 and panicked. I was about to cancel my test when I decided to try GMATPrep 2 and see how it went. I ended up scoring a 740, as I wrote before. I kept studying, and a few days later I took GMATPrep 1 and scored a 760. I self-studied using PR's Crack the GMAT and Kaplan 800. Actual GMAT was yesterday and I scored a 730 (Q47 V44).

Hope that helps!
Re: Same Day Practice Tests---560 to 740. Should I be worried?   [#permalink] 02 Jun 2012, 13:48