Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 11:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Sample Essay or similar resources on gmatclub

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Sample Essay or similar resources on gmatclub [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 10:19
Hi All,
I am a newbie here. One the program (MS program and not MBA) which I wish to apply has questions which are very similar to typical B-school essay. I have limited understanding of these question. It would be great if someone could share few sample B-school essays. I know its not the best practice to go through other people's essay before writing your own, but I am fighting deadline here and would really appreciate any help.

1. What do you hope to gain from the program?
2. How will your background benefit you in this program?
3. Briefly detail past extracurricular/community involvement, your responsibilities and benefit(s) gained from them.
4. How will your presence in the class benefit the other students in the program?
5. What are your career aspirations upon graduation?
6. How do you see your career progressing in the next 2-5 years?
7. Describe one of your leadership/managerial accomplishments and why you feel it was successful.
8. Job searches can be extremely challenging and competitive. You will need to be adept at helping potential employers understand the skills and attributes that make you a desirable employee. If given 30 seconds, what will you say to a prospective employer to make an impression that would make him want to hire you? Limit your response to less than 100 words.
9. (For international students seeking employment in the U.S.) Realizing that the U.S. job market is extremely competitive and challenging, if unable to secure employment in the U.S., what are your alternative plan(s)?[/list]

thanks
darth
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Sample Essay or similar resources on gmatclub [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2014, 02:14
bouncing the thread again ,with a hope that any moderator or admin will have something to contribute anything
VP
VP
Followers: 70

Kudos [?]: 442 [0], given: 450

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Sample Essay or similar resources on gmatclub [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2014, 03:25
That's a huge list of (basic) questions. I'm afraid you will need to do some more research and narrow down.

Also, if you are looking for essays here, I doubt anyone will be kind enough to post them. However, you may go through various admissions consultant's websites and check out their essay analysis for various schools. You will get a good handle of what needs to be written. Also, there are some books (e.g. Richard Montauk's), which have sample essays. Those should be of some help.

good luck.

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Re: Sample Essay or similar resources on gmatclub   [#permalink] 05 Mar 2014, 03:25