Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 16:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Save $325 on Manhattan GMAT with Discount Code + $250 Bonus

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2010, 22:17
This post received
KUDOS
I may be planning on purchasing the MGMAT Self-Study since the live classes in NYC are all booked for the time I need them. Two questions:

1. Does anyone have any comments regarding the Self-Study Prep and the Self-Study Prep "Plus"?

ETA:

Also, if I buy the complete MGMAT Prep set and use the discount code, will I receive the $100 off?

Starting GMAT Review [strike]May 3rd![/strike] July 22nd.
I want 700+!

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2010, 10:35
Hi,

The benefit of doing a live class is that you know you have a deadline for getting your homework done, but if you're good at structuring your time, this may not be an issue. The benefit of Self Study is that you can work at your own pace, extending your study time beyond nine weeks or accelerating through areas in which you already feel confident. In terms of the differences between the two options, the only difference between the two self study options is the class recordings, which most of our students find to be very useful.

I'd be glad to help you make a decision on what works best for you. Please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-576-4628 if you'd like to talk through your options in more detail. (It's always nice to get a sense of a student's time frame and goals before suggesting anything one way or another!)

As for the books, the $100 discount only applies to live courses.

Best Wishes,
Caitlin Clay
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT

Caitlin Clay | Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 06 May 2010, 19:57
Hello,

I plan to enroll in one of the online prep courses in May or June and I have a question regarding the gmatclub discount. I recently attended a trial class and I received a mail saying if I choose to to enroll officially, I will get a One-Day-Workshop for free. So my question is, can I enroll a class and attend the Workshop (for free) and at the same time use gmatclub $100 discount? By the way, I reside in Japan.

Thank you in advance.
CH
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 39

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 17 May 2010, 12:27
I just visited the Manhattan GMAT site and found it to be quite helpful. After registering I had access to a free PDF called The GMAT Uncovered. This was a well written and thorough review of the GMAT test, scoring and even a brief overview of the B-school application process. In addition I received access to one free CAT test. Now I will be receiving access to all their tests when my prep guides arrive but it was nice to have access already. The website also contains excellent tutorials on each test element.

I am still not sure if Manhattan GMAT and Manhattan Reviews are the same company. This is not that important to the fact that the Manhattan GMAT website seems like it will be very helpful.

Thanks,
Skip

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 17 May 2010, 12:30
skipjames wrote:
I just visited the Manhattan GMAT site and found it to be quite helpful. After registering I had access to a free PDF called The GMAT Uncovered. This was a well written and thorough review of the GMAT test, scoring and even a brief overview of the B-school application process. In addition I received access to one free CAT test. Now I will be receiving access to all their tests when my prep guides arrive but it was nice to have access already. The website also contains excellent tutorials on each test element.

I am still not sure if Manhattan GMAT and Manhattan Reviews are the same company. This is not that important to the fact that the Manhattan GMAT website seems like it will be very helpful.

Thanks,
Skip

Hi Skip,

I'm glad you found our website useful, and thanks for buying our books!

Manhattan GMAT and Manhattan Review are indeed two different companies. You were on Manhattan GMAT's site. :)

Best,
Caitlin Clay
Manhattan GMAT

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 39

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 17 May 2010, 12:38
Caitlin,
One of the elements on the site I noted was a promotion for 20% off of the 800score.com tests. Would it be possible to extend this 20% offer to their $39.95 prep course?

Thanks for considering,
Skip
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: Babson (A), Smith (D)
GMAT 1: 580 Q49 V21
GMAT 2: 650 Q49 V29
GPA: 3.85
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 8

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2010, 03:43
Hi,

I have already purchase some of the MGMAT Books and Official Guides, so for live online classes, can these be exempted from the course fees and also at the same time get the 100$ discount?

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2010, 05:45
Hi!

Thanks for the questions.

Skip: unfortunately we cannot offer that discount towards 800score's prep course at this time.

Sandeep:The cost of any of our courses or guided self study packages includes the books, so if you already have them we can indeed give you book credits towards the cost of the course. If you would like to do so, please give us a call at 1 800 576 4628 to sign up over the phone, so we can add the appropriate credits.

Best Wishes,
Caitlin Clay
Manhattan GMAT

Intern
Intern

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2010, 22:16
Hi Caitlin,

Thanks for you response. I'm from India, and I have seen the timings of the Live online sessions that will be held in future. But most of the timings fall from 12 am to 6 am India time, and the one's which does not fall in this category are on weekdays. So I have to wait for a session that falls other than the time slot (12 am to 6 am India time) and on weekends.

Also regarding the payment of the course fees, would it feasible for me to do some kind on netbanking or Credit card payment?

I'm looking for time slot starting this July.

Thanks,
Sandeep Nerli

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2010, 07:35
Hi Sandeep,

We do try to offer a variety of times for our Live Online Courses. You can see the full schedule here: http://www.manhattangmat.com/gmat-prep- ... online.cfm

Depending on where in India you are, I believe our Live Online Summer J would work for you? It would be in the evenings on Sundays there.

In terms of payment, we take Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover or you can also use PayPal.

Best Wishes,
Caitlin

Intern
Intern

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2010, 22:24
Hi Caitlin,

I have few more questions. I have visited many B School websites and most of the schools begin thier 1st round application in October. I'm taking GMAT this month end (30th of June), and till now the scores that are reflecting in my practice tests are somewhere around 600+ (low 600's). So I do not know what might I get in the real test.

If I enroll for Live Online Summer G which starts from July 17th (saturdays), will that be enough for me get past 700 score if I make a concious effort, for which I would be again taking GMAT in the month of September (3 months from July,10)

The tests I take, I get math scaled scores in the range (43-46) and verbal scaled scores in the range (26-29).

Sorry for asking vague questions though, but I really need an answer. I have reviewed your course details and how the program would look like (pretty thorough), and being a non native speaker, is 3 months enough to build verbal

Regards,
Sandeep Nerli

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2010, 10:30
sandeepnerli wrote:
Hi Caitlin,

I have few more questions. I have visited many B School websites and most of the schools begin thier 1st round application in October. I'm taking GMAT this month end (30th of June), and till now the scores that are reflecting in my practice tests are somewhere around 600+ (low 600's). So I do not know what might I get in the real test.

If I enroll for Live Online Summer G which starts from July 17th (saturdays), will that be enough for me get past 700 score if I make a concious effort, for which I would be again taking GMAT in the month of September (3 months from July,10)

The tests I take, I get math scaled scores in the range (43-46) and verbal scaled scores in the range (26-29).

Sorry for asking vague questions though, but I really need an answer. I have reviewed your course details and how the program would look like (pretty thorough), and being a non native speaker, is 3 months enough to build verbal

Regards,
Sandeep Nerli

Hi Sandeep,

We certainly would prepare you to the best of your ability for the test, and you would have time to improve your score with the time frame you described, but there is a lot of work involved in the course, so it really does depend on each student's commitment how much they get out of the class. Feel free to give us a call at 1-800-576-4628 or 212-721-7400 if you'd like to discuss your personal situation in more detail.

Best Wishes,
Caitlin Clay
Manhattan GMAT

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2010, 11:22
can some one help me in choosing which live online course is better, knewton or MGMAT?
i personally am inclined(falling in love :oops: ) towards manhattan gmat because of their overwhelming positive reviews,but their live online course has a difference of only around $400 in comparison to knewton's online course...i talked to them through skype(mgmat) n after being offered $100 discount it still makes 87,000rs. in my currency which is ALOT or u can say the cost of 2 mba semesters here in pakistan :cry:

if i go for knewton,how much am i compromising on quality/content??
-no offense to knewton,manhattan just has me converted :oops:

are there ANY OTHER discounts that i can avail for MGMAT live courses esp through gmatclub??

.Some things you can never learn from books or any amount of words, that is where Time and Experience come in.

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2010, 12:02
Hi,

I definitely appreciate your interest in our services, and I'm glad you feel so strongly about Manhattan GMAT!

I understand that it can be a big monetary commitment, and I've touched base with Katie, who you spoke with. I know she brought up Guided Self Study as an option - it is a bit cheaper than a live course, and you do get recordings of all of the classes. You also do get a full hour of time one on one with an instructor (via the virtual classroom) so you would still be able to talk to our instructors. I think this might be a great solution for you. You can read more about it here: http://www.manhattangmat.com/gmat-prep-self-study.cfm

If you are interested in the Guided Self Study, please call us back (as you know, you can skype us for free by calling m.gmat ). While we don't usually offer discounts off of our Guided Self Study programs, we feel so strongly that our products are worthwhile, that we'd be willing to work with you price-wise.

Thanks again for your kind comments, and I hope to hear back from you!

Best,
Caitlin Clay
Manhattan GMAT

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2010, 14:27
hmxaw850i wrote:
can some one help me in choosing which live online course is better, knewton or MGMAT?
i personally am inclined(falling in love :oops: ) towards manhattan gmat because of their overwhelming positive reviews,but their live online course has a difference of only around $400 in comparison to knewton's online course...i talked to them through skype(mgmat) n after being offered $100 discount it still makes 87,000rs. in my currency which is ALOT or u can say the cost of 2 mba semesters here in pakistan :cry:

if i go for knewton,how much am i compromising on quality/content??
-no offense to knewton,manhattan just has me converted :oops:

are there ANY OTHER discounts that i can avail for MGMAT live courses esp through gmatclub??

I've just registered for the MGMAT online course. I can tell you from what I've seen so far, the package looks incredible. I'm looking forward to digging in! :twisted:
Intern
Intern

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2010, 14:34
ok thats more like it...will give me more confidence..i am seriously considering it now...can i ask u if u have given Gmat before and how much has the MGMAT course cost you including any shipping or taxes? :)

P.S. BEST of luck on your GMAT journey!!

.Some things you can never learn from books or any amount of words, that is where Time and Experience come in.

Intern
Intern

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2010, 15:03
hmxaw850i wrote:
ok thats more like it...will give me more confidence..i am seriously considering it now...can i ask u if u have given Gmat before and how much has the MGMAT course cost you including any shipping or taxes? :)

P.S. BEST of luck on your GMAT journey!!

Thanks for the well wishes. I chose to take the course because I felt I need a comprehensive overhaul. I've taken the GMAT 3 times this year, and have scored between 580 and 620. I need 700+ for my school of choice- based on all the reviews I've read, combined with my busy schedule, MGMAT seemed the best option. I think the course was around $980USD or so with the GMATclub discount. I also received credit for books i had already purchased.
Intern
Intern

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2010, 15:10
ok so in short your a GmAT veteran :shock:
3 times and your score range doesnt seem to fluctuate much..it must be that you thought your "approach" towards it wasnt correct i guess...and in that case i think youve made the right choice in going for an online course and that too MGMAT!!:)

i think many members here like me would appreciate if you gave some updates on how the course and you are treating each other :-D

Intern
Intern

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2010, 15:38
I certainly will. I haven't seen too much feedback about the online course recently; I'm happy to add what I can!
Intern
Intern

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2010, 15:44
just GREAT :-D
will certainly wait for the updates..wish you all the best amoore n hope MGMaT becomes the key for your 700+ =)

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT   [#permalink] 04 Jul 2010, 15:44