Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Apr 2014, 05:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Save $325 on Manhattan GMAT with Discount Code + $250 Bonus

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2010, 18:25
just enrolled into MGMAT's live online summer G frm july 17th..ANXIOUSLY waiting for the books n materials...will update :-D

.Some things you can never learn from books or any amount of words, that is where Time and Experience come in.

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1985

Kudos [?]: 6422 [0], given: 3565

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2010, 19:02
Expert's post
hmxaw850i wrote:
just enrolled into MGMAT's live online summer G frm july 17th..ANXIOUSLY waiting for the books n materials...will update :-D

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing feedback!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2010, 13:23
This post received
KUDOS
ok i just received my shipped materials frm MGMAT..shipped 6th july thru FEDex and received 10th july..considering it came all the way from the other part of the world to here in pak, it was quite a pleasant surprise i must say cuz my classes start July 17th, giving me some time to get some basic reading done:)

"Shipped" materials included :
1-MGMAT set of 8 Strategy Guides(4th Edition)

2-Foundations of GMAT MATH strategy supplement(4th edition)

3-MGMAT's The Official Guide Companion (12th ED, Quant)

4- GMAT REview(12th ED) , GMAT Verbal Review(2nd ed), GMAT Quantitative Review(2nd ed)

5. mbaMission Admissions Guide

6. Test Simulation Booklet

7- Multipurpose Stop watch

8- Headset for Live Online Classes

my first reaction after opening 10kg box was :shock: , kinda downed me seeing THAT quantity of books id have to go thru n almost wished i never went thru with it in the worst place, but i think considering MY level the reaction was pretty natural :oops: BUT i must say its a COMPLETE GMAT goody bag for anyone:)

.Some things you can never learn from books or any amount of words, that is where Time and Experience come in.

Founder
Founder

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2010, 15:41
Expert's post
Ha-ha Love the review.
Interesting to hear the reaction - I would almost wish for more materials (it is never enough for me) but I could see how the collection of books could be overwhelming. Use these well and good luck!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Intern
Intern

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2010, 17:07
bb wrote:
- I would almost wish for more materials (it is never enough for me) but I could see how the collection of books could be overwhelming. Use these well and good luck!

:shock:

ok wow..NOW im scared...ok seriously i will literally need a complete makeover from my personality to study habits to achieve something like this ><!!

sigh..BUT a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do!! 8-)

P.S. THNX for liking my review bb, ima keep giving some regular feedback hopefully. time to seduce some lady luck!! :-D

Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 429 [0], given: 157

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 10 Jul 2010, 23:27
Welcome to GMAT Club 850!! :)

I think the total cost of package via Fedx would have been greater than 50k. Good to see our flag in your snap. :) Best of luck & let me know if I can be of any help to you. This forum is great & by saying great, I mean really great. Be here, participate in discussions & you will feel a remarkable change. My test date is Eight-Nine-Ten (09-Aug-2010) & you can chase my progress in this thread. eight-nine-ten-the-countdown-begins-96780.html#p745331

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Intern
Intern

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2010, 08:07
Hussain15 wrote:
Welcome to GMAT Club 850!! :)

I think the total cost of package via Fedx would have been greater than 50k. Good to see our flag in your snap. :) Best of luck & let me know if I can be of any help to you. This forum is great & by saying great, I mean really great. Be here, participate in discussions & you will feel a remarkable change. My test date is Eight-Nine-Ten (09-Aug-2010) & you can chase my progress in this thread. eight-nine-ten-the-countdown-begins-96780.html#p745331

Thanks Hussain15 my man, really pleasant to see a much more experienced fellow here :)

as for the flag love it :) and yea your right about the cost it was around 60k..i have no doubt about this forum it truly is heaven sent man. i went through your thread and admire the effort your putting in amidst all the other responsibilities. btw love your test date, and i hope it lives up to its "epic" name lol :P
i wish you all the best bro :)
OFCOURSE il need your help :P im a shameless procrastinator any suggestions for that?? :oops:

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 43

Re: Manhattan GMAT 9 Session, Online [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2010, 09:09
I've committed to taking the GMAT; now the challenge is finding a program that will cover all material in a few amount of time as possible. I had heard about Veritas prep, and also the Kaplan online program, their program is live, and it sounds fine and dandy; me being a novice, and not really having a study plan or an attack at the gmat has made me weary of which program to use.

I was recommended this program from an old friend, she said if I want to score pass 700 to take this course.
Is there a difference if it's a live instructor vs. an online class, with everything pre-recorded? I'm assuming the material is the same, and everything is covered correct?

My issue is math, and anything related to math. Will the 9 session program offer to give me ton's of practice? How does that work?

Carlos,
Founder
Founder

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2010, 21:22
Expert's post
Hello and welcome to GMAT Club laythesmack23!

While you are waiting on replies (and no, I have not taken the course), you may want to brwose through some of the reviews (many of the are on the live online class): gmat-prep-courses-classes-reviews-ratings-and-comparison-78451.html

P.S. From what I hear, you are just fine with the online class vs the in-person one but I will let those who attended really weigh in on this.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2010, 08:26
Manhattan is best for GMAT Test PRep
Manager
Manager

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2010, 09:03
Julia,

Why is it the best, or at least in your opinion.

Carlos
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Manhattan GMAT 9 Session, Online [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2010, 07:43
Hey there Carlos,

I'd be glad to help you work through some of these questions you have about our program.

laythesmack23 wrote:
Is there a difference if it's a live instructor vs. an online class, with everything pre-recorded? I'm assuming the material is the same, and everything is covered correct?

We offer two types of online classes. One is Live Online and taught by a 2 Instructors. This class meets at a set time each week and takes 9 weeks to complete. Here's a link to the full page: Live Online GMAT Options. We also offer a Guided Self-Study, which is an online course that contains pre-recorded class sessions: Guided Self-Study Prep Options. In both cases, the materials you receive will be exactly the same as those you receive for a 9-session prep course. The only difference in terms of content is that for the live course, you get 9 30-minute office hours sessions (to be used once each week while you take the course), but for the self-study, you only receive 2 30-minute sessions.

laythesmack23 wrote:
My issue is math, and anything related to math. Will the 9 session program offer to give me ton's of practice? How does that work?

Definitely. In addition to spending half the class and homework time covering math problems, we provide you with a Foundations of Math GMAT Strategy Guide, online recordings of our Foundations of Math workshop sessions, and over 400 practice math problems, which are designed to help instill basic math concepts that will help you tackle more challenging GMAT problems.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Best,

Michael Dinerstein
michael@manhattangmat.com

Michael Dinerstein

Manhattan GMAT Reviews

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2010, 18:26
This post received
KUDOS
I'm planning to take up the GMAT and I'm planning to take up the Manhattan Online prep course. I seee that the prep course offered provides the 8 strategy books and the OG book. I already have those books . So does Manhattan give any discounts if I don't want those books.
Founder
Founder

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2010, 18:58
Expert's post
sampy80 wrote:
I'm planning to take up the GMAT and I'm planning to take up the Manhattan Online prep course. I seee that the prep course offered provides the 8 strategy books and the OG book. I already have those books . So does Manhattan give any discounts if I don't want those books.

Good question. Have you covered any of the materials in those books?

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2010, 06:06
Yes I've started off with number properties and SC. The books are great but at times you wish there is some help out there to explain you something in the book better.Especially with SC. So does anyone from Manhattan Prep have an answer for my question.
Manager
Manager

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2010, 09:00
Yeah, same here. I have all books already, and it would be nice if I had a discount. It would actually help me make up my mind asap between programs.
Intern
Intern

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2010, 09:11
I called up manhattan this morning and spoke to an advisor. She mentioned that she can give a discount on the prep course if we already have the books . We need to call them up and let them know what we have and what we need. Thats good!! I'm planning to register for the class starting 23rd. Also I forgot to ask if we will have access to the soft copies of this strategy books. It will be great if we have access to the soft copies. I don't want to carry the books everywhere!!!
Manhattan GMAT Instructor

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2010, 15:17
Sorry I'm a little bit late to the question, but I'm glad you found out that we do indeed offer book credit for any resources you buy. Because all of our materials are designed to work with our course or separately, we can give you credit for the books you have already purchased if you do sign up for a full course without an issue.

But then again, you already found this out!

Good luck studying.

Michael Dinerstein

Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton, Columbia , Cornell, CMU , Yale
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

MGMAT practice center [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2010, 16:38
Hi

My initial plan to take GMAT was dec last year but due to some circumstances I was not able to. I plan to take my GMAT test this year. I bought Fourth Ed. - Complete GMAT Quantitative Set from MGMAT website ( Order # 167475). Since we are eligible to enroll for online practice center provided by MGMAT. Is there any possibility I can be given the extension for using mgmat online resources.

Your allowance for using the online resources will be very much appreciated

Thanks

[b]Make your dream a reality[/b]

Intern
Intern

Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2010, 12:19
Hello!
I am a student in Pharmacy (5th year/6) in France, my purpose is to start my career as a consultant or a business developer in pharmaceutical fields for companies such as Sanofi, GSK, Roche,... I have rather good academic results (I have an average grade of 13,5/20 but even though I’m ranked 6th/350 I don’t think that the conversion in GPA will be helpful). Beside school I had been working in private school which I have been leading for two years with very good results and I moved to the head quarter last month. The top programs that I aim are the Smib (ESSEC) and the Ms Strat & Management (LSE) but I’m still looking for programs that would fit me better.
I ‘m going to participate at your online class (09/19). I chose MGMAT because with so many good reviews about how you work, I think that I can trust you. But before I have a few more questions :

1) In the math question recording, it seems to me that pace is quite slow. I mean not in the way that the teachers are slow (I wouldn’t dare as my English is far from perfect!) but rather that the explanation took a long time for just one question.

2) I know almost nothing about the gmat test, should I work a bit before the introduction lesson (if yes, what)?

3) I’d like to enter in a MiM in September 2011. I know that my schedule in pretty tough but I’m not looking for a 750+, therefore do you think that I should postpone my admission for a year?

4) I’ve been reading a lot of test takers’ experiences which began with a first result at a CAT to show their improvement. Is this first test taken before any previous preparation or after e few lessons?

Thank you for answering my questions!
Re: Manhattan GMAT Class Discount & Everything about MGMAT   [#permalink] 06 Sep 2010, 12:19