Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 06:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

SC Guide 8, 3rd ed - page 71 and page 187

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

SC Guide 8, 3rd ed - page 71 and page 187 [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2009, 02:24
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
In SC Guide 8, 3rd ed - page 71:

Question 3: "Many teachers choose to seek employment in the suburbs rather than to face low salaries in the city". - Please clarify if there is a need for the insertion of "to", as in "rather than to face low salaries", or that the sentence can stand without the word "to", which then reads as "rather than face low salaries".

Question 6: "The joint business venture will increase employee satisfaction and will improve relations between upper management and staff" - Please clarify if there is a need for the insertion of "will", as in "employee satisfaction and will improve relations", or that the sentence can stand without the word "will", which then reads as "employee satisfaction and improve relations".

As a separate question, in page 187 of the same book, the sentence "The judge considers the law to be illegal" is labeled under the "suspect" category. I understand that the simple "consider" is preferred, and not consider.... to be". My question is, would this sentence be correct? : “The judge considers the law illegal”

Would appreciate all forms of clarification. Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: SC Guide 8, 3rd ed - page 71 and page 187 [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2009, 07:06
My take is that its a typo ? as i cannot explain it..

kudos for reading the material so intensively.. [:)]
Re: SC Guide 8, 3rd ed - page 71 and page 187   [#permalink] 05 Jun 2009, 07:06