Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 04:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

SC Strategy

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

SC Strategy [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2012, 09:32
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Before I post my question, I would like to share some information about me.

I'm not a native English speaker, so Verbal-SC is the toughest part for me.

Previously back in 2010 I had taken online course and on completion of course I was lagging way behind in SC, so left it that way. My Quanta concepts were good and I was comfortable with OG questions as well.

Recently in Sep-2012 I started back with GMAT prep, beginning with SC. I went through a basic Grammar Book to understand basic Parts of Speech. Thereafter, I was stuck where to start next. Anyhow I started with Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book, but have been again stuck at Basic section-1 - as I find it too exhaustive. It doesn't seems feasible to absorb all the concepts listed.

Right now I'm feeling too depressed as to why I can't progress further. For over a month of study so far, I'm still neither able to gather pace nor confidence.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could advise me where should I begin my prep for SC. I have the following materials:

Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book
MGMAT Verbal Foundation
Aristotle SC Grail
Kaplan GMAT Verbal foundations
Powerscore SC Guide
MGMAT SC Guide

Thanks,
Sam
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: SC Strategy [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 00:15
Appreciate if someone could help with my question in the above thread.

Please press Kudos, if I have helped you.

Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 305 [0], given: 190

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: SC Strategy [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 00:41
Be patient is all I can say, it takes 2, 3 months for a non native speaker to become comfortable with the concepts.
I would say read MGMAT SC first few chapters and see if you face any major issues. Whenever you are stuck refer to Kaplan Verbal Foundation/MGMAT Foundation or any other grammar book. The basic goal is to Master MGMAT SC by reading it a number of times. Once you are done its all about practice. The other books are subsets of MGMAT SC. So once you are done MGMAT SC , the rest will flow.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Intern
Intern

Re: SC Strategy [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 05:46
AbhiJ wrote:
Be patient is all I can say, it takes 2, 3 months for a non native speaker to become comfortable with the concepts.
I would say read MGMAT SC first few chapters and see if you face any major issues. Whenever you are stuck refer to Kaplan Verbal Foundation/MGMAT Foundation or any other grammar book. The basic goal is to Master MGMAT SC by reading it a number of times. Once you are done its all about practice. The other books are subsets of MGMAT SC. So once you are done MGMAT SC , the rest will flow.

Thanks AbhiJ for replying.

Earlier I had gone through MGMAT SC and failed to grasp the content and its application to OG questions. Moreover applying the concepts in 90seconds was way too much for me. That is when I gave up completely.

Currently I have started again with MGMAT Verbal Foundation to concentrate on SC portion and build up my confidence to start with MGMAT SC.

However, I'm still wondering at what stage one should go through Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book, and am looking forward for a reply.

Thanks,
Sam
Re: SC Strategy   [#permalink] 16 Oct 2012, 05:46