Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 08:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ]

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Status: Preparing myself to break the sound( 700 )-barrier!
Affiliations: IFC - Business Edge, Bangladesh Enterprise Institute
Schools: Texas A&M - Mays; PennState - Smeal; Purdue - Krannert; JohnsHopkins - Carey; Vanderbilt - Owen; WakeForest - Babcock; UBC - Sauder
WE 1: Financial Analyst/Financial Management Trainer - BRAC Afghanistan - 13 months
WE 2: Business Proposal Coordinator - MiDS, Inc. (in Kabul, Afghanistan) - 4 Months (did quit the job bcoz of security concerns)
WE 3: Readers For Readers (A Social Impact Generating Organization) - Co-Founder
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 136

Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ] [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2011, 01:40
I am a BIG fan of GMATClub.com! I have surfed through several GMAT Forums or Blogsites till date. Needless to say, I feel more comfortable wandering around and surfing through the insightful posts of GMATClub.com members while being in this site. Everytime, whenever I feel low about my GMAT and MBA issues, I just dive into any posts (which ultimately takes me to other dozens of posts) in GMATClub.com and find (truly) my confidence back to break the GMAT-700-BARRIER. Hence, I have decided to keep my journey documented in here so that:

1. I can flash back to my preparation stages time to time;
2. I may receive insightful feedbacks from the GMAT experts;
3. I can have my own PLATFORM to be reinforced to break the barrier;
4. I can have a regularity in my study (I believe, at least for the sake of documenting here, I will keep my pace and enthusiasm just as the first day's);
5. I can always have an excuse to visit GMATClub.com and update myself therefrom;
6. I may get bunches of Kudos! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some of my posts in this "Diary" may be as tiny as 1/2 sentences, but I believe this will pay me back on the test day (THE JUDGMENT DAY!).

So.........LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
3 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GPA: 3.28
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 56 [3] , given: 72

Re: Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ] [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 02:40
This post received
KUDOS
This one appears to be conquered by buddies from Bangladesh. Nice to meet people from all around the globe here.

If you like my post, Press +1 KUDO. It is the best way to say Thanks .

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Texas A&M - Mays; PennState - Smeal; Purdue - Krannert; JohnsHopkins - Carey; Vanderbilt - Owen; WakeForest - Babcock; UBC - Sauder
WE 1: Financial Analyst/Financial Management Trainer - BRAC Afghanistan - 13 months
WE 2: Business Proposal Coordinator - MiDS, Inc. (in Kabul, Afghanistan) - 4 Months (did quit the job bcoz of security concerns)
WE 3: Readers For Readers (A Social Impact Generating Organization) - Co-Founder

Kudos [?]: 30 [1] , given: 136

Re: Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ] [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2011, 10:18
This post received
KUDOS
IN SEARCH OF GMAT RESOURCES (MOSTLY BOOK)

The first decision I took was "I am gonna sit for GMAT in October this year (2011). Within week, I started researching which GMAT resource would be best fit for me as well as highly recommended by the experts. Needless to say, GMATClub.com helped me once again. After reading the post best-gmat-books-77703.html and the reviews of the experts (both in GMATClub.com and Amazon.com), I decided to order

1. The Official Guide for GMAT Review, 12th Edition
2. The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review, 2nd Edition
3. The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review, 2nd Edition
4. Manhattan GMAT Set of 8 Strategy Guides, 4th Edition
5. Kaplan GMAT 2011 Premier with CD-ROM
6. Total GMAT Math (By: Jeff Sackmann)
7. 1,012 GMAT Practice Questions By: Princeton Review)
8. Doing Grammar (By: Max Morenberg)
9. Great Applications for Business School, Second Edition (By: Paul Bodine)
10. The Best Business Schools' Admissions Secrets (By: Chioma Isiadinso)

from Amazon.com. I ordered these in February, 2011 and the delivery was expected to be in March, 2011. Before the books were delivered, I was searching for other GMAT materials (mostly online based) as well. I downloaded some free materials, watched few GMAT related videos in YouTube.com, and of course collected GMAT Prep 2. I also used to visit, that time, GMATClub.com forums' discussions to get motivated. On March 23rd, 2011 the books I ordered arrived my home. Now, the time for making a concrete plan for next 6 months came. To me, THAT'S A REAL HARD ONE TO START WITH.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: INSEAD '14
GMAT Date: 08-15-2012
GPA: 3.57
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [1] , given: 17

Re: Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ] [#permalink] New post 02 May 2011, 12:58
This post received
KUDOS
did you even go to Nilkhet before ordering everything online?!

Life with the GMAT:

Jerome: Ben, c'est 20 secondes de plus qu'hier sur le meme parcours! C'etait bien le meme parcours la, non?!
Gigi: Mais t'enerve pas, Jerome, je crois que t'as accroche une porte.
Jerome: *$&#(*%&(*#%&

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ] [#permalink] New post 28 May 2011, 19:39
This post received
KUDOS
Keep it going Schawjibb ! Practice is the key..
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 30 [1] , given: 136

Re: Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ] [#permalink] New post 28 May 2011, 21:49
This post received
KUDOS
vikashjha wrote:
Keep it going Schawjibb ! Practice is the key..

+1 for your constant inspiration.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Oracle Certified Professional
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.2
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ] [#permalink] New post 31 May 2011, 10:06
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Schawjibb,

Keep up the good work. I'm from bangladesh and an aspirant. I have started studying for MBA for about 20 days now and still SC is not making much sense. I'll be following your progress and i pray that you break the barrier :)
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 201 [1] , given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ] [#permalink] New post 31 May 2011, 11:00
This post received
KUDOS
Yes shwajib! Keep at it. We will do this together haha. I hav started a diary too. I set up a blog and try to update the thread on gmatclub daily!

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Powerscore CR Bible Full Chapter Notes | Easily Extend Vocabulary List with Google Dictionary

Please kudo me if you found my post useful. Thanks!!! :)

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
Re: Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ] [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 11:43
This post received
KUDOS
Schawjibb wrote:
Dear kingme and Mahtab, 1 kudo to you for inspiring me. More news to come by this weekend. :-)

+1 and +1

Hi Schawjibb,

How're you doing these days? I hope great. I recently appeared in GMAT and scored 690. I'm pondering a retake, though not totally sure. Keep up your good work.

TC

-Rupok
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
Re: Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ] [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 04:29
This post received
KUDOS
FatRiverPuff wrote:
Dhaka bhaifriends --- Do you know if our one and only testing center has improved at all? Half the building seemed to be under construction last year.

Hi FatRiverPuff,

I appeared in GMAT last week and the center seemed fine to me. Just make sure you visit the center prior to test day.

Thank you.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ] [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2011, 09:48
All the best Schwajibb. Keep us posted with your prep progress..
Manager
Manager

Re: Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ] [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2011, 06:27
BACKGROUND OF MY GMAT JOURNEY

It's good to share at first that I am moderately acquainted with GMAT from 2007. In last 4 years or so, I was looking for a good time to take the challange of GMAT and conquer the battle with a decent score. Though I could sit for GMAT in last 4 years, I was not taking the attempt because I was unsure about the funding for my MBA. This year (2011), my father has happily announced that he will bear most of my MBA tuition given that I admit myself into a "renowned" (Top 50 Business School which are also in a well known Universities, I guess) MBA program. This announcement ultimate lighted the fire to take the challenge of GMAT in me.

Soon after that, I dove into searching for a suitable MBA program for me (meanwhile, I found this GREAT forum - GMATClub.com). Then I found and shortlisted the schools that match my profile (CGPA, Job experience, etc.) except GMAT score that I haven't gotten yet. After a "good" research, I understood that to be in competitive edge, I need to score very close to 700 in GMAT. Then after few weeks and more research, I understood that crossing the 700-barrier in GMAT will open many doors for me other than MBA admission (many employers these days give high weight to GMAT score). And of course, I AM ALLURED TO BE A MEMBER OF "700s CLUB".
Intern
Intern

Re: Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ] [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2011, 07:30
Great to know your thoughts Schwajibb.

Funding is in fact one of the components we need to figure before hand. Can you let us know about the list of schools that you've initially compiled for you ?
Manager
Manager

Re: Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ] [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2011, 09:50
vikashjha wrote:
Great to know your thoughts Schwajibb.

Funding is in fact one of the components we need to figure before hand. Can you let us know about the list of schools that you've initially compiled for you ?

Actually, the preliminary list is a bit big.

Fuqua, Duke University, USA
HKUST, Hong Kong
McDonough, Goergetown University, USA
Ross, University of Michigan, USA
Darden, University of Virginia, USA
McCombs, University of Texas, USA
University of Illinois, USA
Carlson, University of Minnesota, UA
Indian School of Business, India
Owen, Vanderbilt University, USA
Goizueta, Emory University, USA
School of Management, Boston University, USA
Sauder, University of British Columbia
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, The Netherlands
Imperial, Imperial College, UK

I hope (and am sure), the number will be decreased from 15 to 5 soon after I get my GMAT score.
Intern
Intern

Re: Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ] [#permalink] New post 02 May 2011, 00:05
The list of books seems to be fine. One valuable addition to this list would be PowerScore's CR Bible.
A lot many aspirants have found this book helpful while preparing for CR.
Manager
Manager

Re: Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ] [#permalink] New post 02 May 2011, 00:36
vikashjha wrote:
The list of books seems to be fine. One valuable addition to this list would be PowerScore's CR Bible.
A lot many aspirants have found this book helpful while preparing for CR.

Though I didn't purchase that, I also have that book. Yep! That's really a helpful book to build expertise in CR.
Intern
Intern

Re: Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ] [#permalink] New post 02 May 2011, 01:38
Hey, did you take the GMATPrep 1 test ? So that you know where you stand right now and how much of work needs to be done...
Manager
Manager

Re: Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ] [#permalink] New post 02 May 2011, 20:31
@ sharshar84

I work outside Bangladesh. I understand your concern of buying books from Nilkhet. Yep! We can buy books from there at a very low price. However, paying less costs you more. I ordered the books from Amazon.com because of 3 concrete reasons:

1. I would have never got the opportunity of using 11 CATs (5 from Kaplan + 6 from MGMAT) if I were
to buy those from Nilkhet.
2. New (and non-pirated) books are good to read. I think, it always has a and positive impact on my
study-time.
3. The print of Nilkhet really sucks. Most of the time, the writings in those books are not legible. The
books printed there becomes tiny in size.
4. Most of the books listed above are not available in Nilkhet. Amazon.com is the best (sometimes the
only) source to buy these books from.

Thank you! :-)
Intern
Intern

Re: Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ] [#permalink] New post 03 May 2011, 03:26
Hey, How's the study plan coming ?
Manager
Manager

Re: Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ] [#permalink] New post 03 May 2011, 20:19
@ vikashjha

Will come up with bunch of writings soon! :-)
Re: Schawjibb's GMAT Journey [ In pursuit of GMAT score 700+ ]   [#permalink] 03 May 2011, 20:19