Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 05:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Schedule To Enrol In MBA program in Jan/Aug 2007

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Are you aiming for MBA next jan/aug 2007

• 75% [6]
  • 25% [2]
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Schedule To Enrol In MBA program in Jan/Aug 2007 [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2006, 04:31
Hi all,
this is my first post in this beautiful club, which is rocking all the way with great organization. I would like to appreciate the backend work people for all this.
Well coming to the point of subject,... it would be helpful for many, if we can come up with a blue-print/ schedule of tasks to be done, to get admission in ones dream colleges for MBA in jan/aug 2007.

The blue-print /schedule of tasks will include things like that..
1) preparation for GMAT-- How much time is needed for the preparation, How to prepare intelligently, And all about preparation.

2) When to give GMAT test -- We need to do right things at right time.
Timing of the test..( in which month... preparation time before that..) will be critical for most of the college's application process. We need to manage it, in such a way that we have the score at time.

3) How to short list the universities/colleges --- Based on the score/ credentials of the person, how to shortlist the colleges. and the related things.

4) Application procedure.. -- How to go about this.

5) Drafting essays..

6) Work on Financial Aid..

I have missed many other things, as i'm in the planning phase for giving GMAT test...(Seniors... please help us in drafting a good plan..)
Please go on adding the tasks that need to be taken care of.

NOW THE TASK IS TO SCHEDULE THEM, ACCORDINGLY TO THE IMPORTANCE.(Though, every task has its own importance).

If i want to start now FEB 5,06 , on this journey of a mission called GMAT, please help everyone like me, in drafting a good plan.

regards,
nagaraju

PS: I hope i will get good responses and replies. As time is less...please send the replies asap. The objective is that... " We should not fail to plan...otherwise...it is equal to planning to fail".

All the best for your gmat. Of all things, Belief in oneself takes you places....

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Let's make it real-- gmat schedule [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2006, 12:16
hi ,

As there are no replies, i find myself in a situation to answer the question that i have raised.

The Schedule is something like this in coarse form.

1) During Feb, It is the work of shortlisting what are the colleges that you would like to attend for your MBA program.
This doesnt depends on the GMAT score.

2) March, April and May, These three months, we should give serious preparation for GMAT exam, leaving no excuses for perfoming bad.

3) I guess, giving the GMAT test in the month of July as this will leave some time for retaking the test, if the score is not to your expectations. ( its to your expectation, and not to other expectations).

4) August, september ---- The task of furnishing the essays, finding possible ways of funding and so.

5) October and the coming months, will be the real application process... which ends with your admission in one of your dream b-school

6) Forget to point that June, should be allocated for test taking strategies and loads of loads of practice.

Well, we will refine the schedule in the coming days.
And we will go at micro level in designing the preparation, essays and interview prep.

I hope only that we need people to stay with us(this thread) and make it a happenining place( regarding the in and outs of MBA process).

Till then..

bye
nagaraju

All the best for your gmat. Of all things, Belief in oneself takes you places....

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2006, 06:24
Hi,

First of all thanks all for maintaining this informative and exhaustive portal. I joined this club few days back and was majorly reading old posts .. though I was confused where to start from I have started reading posts in strategies forum.

My preparation plans are almost on the same lines.

I started preparing 10 days back. I intend to write my test somewhere around 1st week of april. along with my preparation I am also researching on the universities. I am working as well but my present work gives me some 3-4 hours a day to prepare.

Thereafter, I intend to spend around 2 months working on my essays and application package.

Hopefully things will go fine from this stage.

Lets ace together!
topgmat
Intern
Intern

Be cheerful, you will make it [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2006, 09:45
hi topgmat,
good to see your mail, though a little late. I guess you completed your 2 1/2 weeks of prep by the time now.
how is it going. Well you can mail on this, or can mail on my personal mail id and we can together work on cracking it.

Be cheerful, you will make it   [#permalink] 19 Feb 2006, 09:45